L2 Order VS Chaos Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Dagger new formula

* Reworked blow damage formula following l2off, in between P.Atk. now affects blow damage.

What does this mean ?From my tests the difference in damage is so small that its not worth sacrificing buffslots for patk buffs or taking str dies .

Here is the test on dummy :

Damage with 408 patk:-15 str dies (no buffs that increase just patk)

https://imgur.com/a/hyQdTJA

Damage with 1085 patk:plated leather ,+5str,might,g.might,dance of warrior

https://imgur.com/a/IuvHFrg

Edited by Jester

5 hours ago, Jester said:

* Reworked blow damage formula following l2off, in between P.Atk. now affects blow damage.

What does this mean ?From my tests the difference in damage is so small that its not worth sacrificing buffslots for patk buffs or taking str dies .

Here is the test on dummy :

Damage with 408 patk:-15 str dies (no buffs that increase just patk)

https://imgur.com/a/hyQdTJA

Damage with 1085 patk:plated leather ,+5str,might,g.might,dance of warrior

https://imgur.com/a/IuvHFrg

Meh , jester buddy we found that in 2006 ))). 😛 Or earlier :-“ TH is ...

19 hours ago, Jester said:

From my tests the difference in damage is so small that its not worth sacrificing buffslots for patk buffs or taking str dies .

Could you check please is it worth taking crit power and crit chance buffs or not?

1 hour ago, Madlaxy said:

Could you check please is it worth taking crit power and crit chance buffs or not?

Crit power of course u need (buffs and epics if u afford) .You dont need crit chance buffs .Skill crit for skills is based on STR .For aw i recommend not cripple your STR too much with dies cause of this reason only .I think +5dex -5str and +4 wit is the way to go .With 36 str u will still skill crit arround 20 % .

Edited by Jester
  • Thanks 1

The landrate for skills also seems lower .I offen miss stabs twice in a row with pw (max dex,focus death,mortal strike+10) .I dont think this is normal .I cant even imagine TH ,their landrate should be abysmal now .

Edited by Jester

Honestly i tried a bit against a player, not against the dummy. It seems fine with mortal strike only. With lvl76 characters.

Il will try with full buff again (focus death). But yeah it is gonna be hard for adventurer, maybe more than before.

Btw good job on the chase and backstab from side, it works so fine *.*

Edited by Canou

48 minutes ago, Canou said:

Honestly i tried a bit against a player, not against the dummy. It seems fine with mortal strike only. With lvl76 characters.

Il will try with full buff again (focus death). But yeah it is gonna be hard for adventurer, maybe more than before.

Btw good job on the chase and backstab from side, it works so fine *.*

But its not fine with focus death .Maybe there is the problem ?Its not end of the world ,but missing 2 times or even 3 times in a row doesnt feel like pw I tested vs dummy with lethal and happend quite offen.This was not the case in the past seasons .Seems pw/aw stabs land rate are more like in classic rather than interlude .

Edited by Jester

I think the problem is the dummy, dunno if we can consider it a player. According to some people, blows don't have the same land rate against NPC/Mobs. I'll try tomorrow if i have time to xp it and beta still on.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jester said:

The landrate for skills also seems lower .I offen miss stabs twice in a row with pw (max dex,focus death,mortal strike+10) .I dont think this is normal .I cant even imagine TH ,their landrate should be abysmal now .

This was happening alot on past seasons after some tweaks, pw/aw missing SO SO many stabs with focus death that adv (the most shit class before) became the only viable dagger considering the old a grade start full of mages and archers.

It makes no sense to have to melee hit someone and have % miss or low dmg, where a guy can hit u from 800-900 range 3x more, hope this is fixed

1 hour ago, Lesley said:

This was happening alot on past seasons after some tweaks, pw/aw missing SO SO many stabs with focus death that adv (the most shit class before) became the only viable dagger considering the old a grade start full of mages and archers.

It makes no sense to have to melee hit someone and have % miss or low dmg, where a guy can hit u from 800-900 range 3x more, hope this is fixed

Last time i played gve in interlude on dagger ,aw/pw didnt have such issues .I can tell it was at least 90 % chance or even more for aw/pw  78+ .Something has changed thats for sure .This seems more like a nerf than rather a change to improve daggers .

Edited by Jester

3 hours ago, Jester said:

This seems more like a nerf than rather a change to improve daggers .

Sadly, if true. I noticed stabs started missing alot after some movements changes were implemented. Maybe its a side affect or smthing.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:59 AM, Jester said:

At least geodata and issues with pathfinding and hiting under chase seems alot better . 

There is no pathfinding anymore. Melee's don't lag behind targets when they reach them anymore at the cost of getting stuck on every tiny pixel that is considered an obstacle, unable to move unless you navigate around it with clicks. So the movement of melees is far worse than before in my opinion, even if this is how it's supposed to be on retail or whatever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Djinn said:

There is no pathfinding anymore. Melee's don't lag behind targets when they reach them anymore at the cost of getting stuck on every tiny pixel that is considered an obstacle, unable to move unless you navigate around it with clicks. So the movement of melees is far worse than before in my opinion, even if this is how it's supposed to be on retail or whatever.

Exactly this. I also noticed that, it’s annoying.

The last interlude seasion was the worst among them all for melee due that horrible geodata. Hope this shieet wont happen this one and missing stabs for class like aw/pw is just false alarm on forum...

1 hour ago, VincentVega said:

The last interlude seasion was the worst among them all for melee due that horrible geodata. Hope this shieet wont happen this one and missing stabs for class like aw/pw is just false alarm on forum...

Its just an observation .This doesnt mean dagger is unplayable .It just means their stabs will miss sometimes .Wich wasnt the case in the past seasons .Dont make it sound like its an alarm of any kind .

Edited by Jester