L2 Order VS Chaos Community
xIcarus

Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine

I just installed your client and applied your patch and I'm getting a "Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine" error when I try to launch the game from system/L2.exe. This error is followed up by "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application."  

I'm definitely NOT trying to run the game in a virtual machine, I'm using my main Windows 10 OS.
However I do have Docker installed which I use to spin up some containers, but it's turned off when I attempt to launch the game.

Anyone else encountered this issue before?  

35 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Ah, I'm apparently blind and didn't see that thread. Thanks a lot.  

So Lineage 2 doesn't work with Hyper-V enabled, I see people complaining on the official Lineage 2 forums too. Just wow, NCSoft.  

I m not sure what Hyper-V is but you could try to research and modify your registry when you wanna play....an example is shown in this video even tho it doesnt mention the Hyper-V:

1 hour ago, NightCore said:

I m not sure what Hyper-V is but you could try to research and modify your registry when you wanna play....an example is shown in this video even tho it doesnt mention the Hyper-V:

Thanks for the tip but I already attempted that registry edit and it didn't work. Disabling Hyper-V solved the issue.  

Hyper-V is a hypervisor like VirtualBox, a piece of software which runs virtual machines. Lineage 2 doesn't support running on virtual machines, so I'm guessing that if it sees you have a hypervisor running it refuses to launch because it assumes it's in a virtual machine.