Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emerald

Vote: Ranks

Vote: Ranks   36 members have voted

1. 1. Should ranks have only Score requirement?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

Just make tanks un-available as sub.
Cant remember anyone subbing tank last season when the population was lower anyway.

2 hours ago, Arthas said:

Changes I would suggest:

Being top player on the map: X count.

Changed to:

Earn X map points.

Map points meaning place from the end of map scoreboard.

For example:

Rank 2 requires 30 Map points and you can do that by being 1st 3 times or being 10th 30 times. So people wont just breainlessly compete for 3 first spots.

2. Rank increase requires completion of all the tasks.

Change:

Complete 7 out of 10 for rank increase.

3. Make noble requirement from rank 3.

4. Add class dependand tasks if possible:

- Heal 10000 HP.

- Arrest 100 prople.

- Root 100 people.

1- Greaat

2- I really like this one. Maybe only applying this one would be enough?

3- I think rank 5 with some changed will be enough. Rank 3 atm at least is way too easy to make alt chars

4- This would be forcing people to play classes they may not like. I would hate it if I was forced to play tanks just to get +1 rank.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Saintly said:

@Emerald If possible please increase the time we allowed to edit our posts, could help avoid double posts.

More facts, lets take a look at the class numbers:

MM: 344
HE: 329
SS: 195
Glad: 197
Necro: 167
TH: 161
Sorc:143
Spoiler: 137
GS: 128
Cardi: 118
All tanks combined Pala/DA/TK/SK: 117

That's 7 classes that are played more than spoiler and 10 classes that are played more than all tank classes combined.

Now either those 254 persons are the only ones who noticed how broken and OP spoilers/tanks are and struggle to rank up cause they suck while 1782 play the "weak classes" yet the rank up without issues cause they are awesome at the game or... there's simply something wrong with the ranking system.

Not even gonna make the hypothesis about what the "OP spoilers" population would be if they couldn't spoil.

And that's how you prove a point with actual data and facts instead of crying and making things up. :)

You do know those statistics are just about main class though, right?

And if you think Spoilers have it "easy" to try to rank up, boy do i have a surprise for you.

Ontopic: Only Score is a HORRIBLE idea, since this will just encourage objective hugging while ignoring pvp even more, which is already really annoying when half your team has no interest whatsoever in helping a pvp because they're too busy racking up score to get a top player.

Cutting down on some of the requirements like Takedowns and Killing Sprees might be fine, since those are literally impossible for some classes, but the baseline of the System looks good IMO.

Edited by Asmodin

8 hours ago, maze said:

Assists and top player are easy. Takedowns especially and killing sprees are really hard for healers....

Yes thats what im saying, either you are healer and you have problem with takedowns and some other enquiries or you are dps and have problem with assists and top player, so basically you are forced to play the opposite role to get ranked up

3 hours ago, Asmodin said:

You do know those statistics are just about main class though, right?

And if you think Spoilers have it "easy" to try to rank up, boy do i have a surprise for you.

Ontopic: Only Score is a HORRIBLE idea, since this will just encourage objective hugging while ignoring pvp even more, which is already really annoying when half your team has no interest whatsoever in helping a pvp because they're too busy racking up score to get a top player.

Cutting down on some of the requirements like Takedowns and Killing Sprees might be fine, since those are literally impossible for some classes, but the baseline of the System looks good IMO.

I don't see how that's disproving neither my point or the fact that there are 10 classes that are play more than 4 other classes combined.
As i said above if people sub tanks/spoiler just to farm ranking for their main make them not available as sub.

About spoilers that's what i've been saying actually.
There's a reason tanks and spoilers who are so "OP" are still level 1-2.
Yet people cry about how OP these classes are at farming ranking.

I just hope that Emerald noticed that peoples problem with the suggested system ain't that they will not be able to rank up themselves but that other classes will be able to keep up.

1 hour ago, NioMode said:

Yes thats what im saying, either you are healer and you have problem with takedowns and some other enquiries or you are dps and have problem with assists and top player, so basically you are forced to play the opposite role to get ranked up

I play a lot of Healer AND i don't have enough assists compared to the other requirements. Am i doing it wrong? :dw1_6:

Just now, Asmodin said:

I play a lot of Healer AND i don't have enough assists compared to the other requirements. Am i doing it wrong? :dw1_6:

You obviously play w/o party or duo my dude.

1 minute ago, NioMode said:

You obviously play w/o party or duo my dude.

Still, i see ppl on Scoreboard taking maybe like 50-80 assists per map, while for example xVeiLSide is Rank 6 already because he got 300+ assists per map while OL was bugged, propably laughing about us plebs who have to get it the hard way :dw2_11:

1 minute ago, Asmodin said:

Still, i see ppl on Scoreboard taking maybe like 50-80 assists per map, while for example xVeiLSide is Rank 6 already because he got 300+ assists per map while OL was bugged, propably laughing about us plebs who have to get it the hard way :dw2_11:

it wasnt bugged dude he was giving heal to ally so he gots those assists i dont understand why you call ti bug

@Emerald please consider to make some fine tunes to ranking system, not make drastic changes . Server is young.. population is great , i dont know why ppl rush to kill it by whining so much...nolifers will always get what they want no matter how hard or how easy ..so for rest of us : work ur way up and enjoy the game..

11 hours ago, Ellyn said:

So u wanna see only tanks/spoilers and etc staying at domi zones or casting at fortrerss and not playing pvp like last season changes?

don't answer to a question with another question.

Some smart players are looking to tankers as something very usefull against physical DDs who are the high % of classes count in that map.
But even those who can disable tankers just don't know that his own class can do it, or don't have any skillplay to do it on massive pvps.
They want to limitate the massive pvp because its more funny for them see L2 with only ranged DPS matches full of retards pushing buttons randonly until some critical comes(10000x players...)
I'm so sorry but seasons will keep dying because weak players will keep leaving without admit they need learn more about the game. And obviously: will try blame something when they are the real problem.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, DiscipleOfLust said:

Some smart players are looking to tankers as something very usefull against physical DDs who are the high % of classes count in that map.
But even those who can disable tankers just don't know that his own class can do it, or don't have any skillplay to do it on massive pvps.
They want to limitate the massive pvp because its more funny for them see L2 with only ranged DPS matches full of retards pushing buttons randonly until some critical comes(10000x players...)
A'm so sorry but seasons will keep dying because weak players will keep leaving without admit they need learn more about the game. And obviously: will try blame something when they are the real problem.

As hard as they come as fast as they go. Let them . 

1 person likes this

I just hope the new system hits today/tomorrow.

Don't forget that ranks are needed for nobless.

11 hours ago, Arthas said:

Changes I would suggest:

Being top player on the map: X count.

Changed to:

Earn X map points.

Map points meaning place from the end of map scoreboard.

For example:

Rank 2 requires 30 Map points and you can do that by being 1st 3 times or being 10th 30 times. So people wont just breainlessly compete for 3 first spots.

2. Rank increase requires completion of all the tasks.

Change:

Complete 7 out of 10 for rank increase.

3. Make noble requirement from rank 3.

4. Add class dependand tasks if possible:

- Heal 10000 HP.

- Arrest 100 prople.

- Root 100 people.

I think this is great ideas. Server is 1 week old and you already have S grade people going around. Think in new ppl joining server and watching the rank requirements. When they see you need to get TOP in the rank just to get Rank 2 they quit. And like i said, its just 1 week. We have Rank 5 people going around and thats ok they grind their asses for it, but think in the new people joining server. If you make rank requirements like this you are just helping the people that play 10hs per day, when a month pasts then you will stay with those people in server and the newbies that join for 1 day and leave because of them. With this ideas that Arthas said you are helping both to have a nice time in the server. Its not CS:GO that everyone spawns with the same equip and battle to win the map. Here you have S grade people playing 10hs a day vs B grade players and you tell them to get top 3 out of 200ppl playing. This is my opinion, i think most of L2 servers dont last more than 1 month because of this. Its only grind your ass up or donate to win. Is ok if its your plan, but dont be surprise if in 1 month you have just 100 ppl online. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is this real,these players want to donate full S ++ and now are calling admin to do something that gives more advantege:

They cry about dagger have too much dmg and just want to play low pdef mages without spam some debuff. 
They cry about OL massive debuffs and CP heals but can't just target it and try to silence/fear/stun(...)
They cry about tankers with same stupid reasons and just can't try to play different classes who disable it.

If you want to join with archer on a map with high number of daggers/tankers its clear that you will have trouble
If you want to join a fortress map with only single target classes when theres too much supp, healers and other counter classes(...)
If you don't want to adapt yourself to the game, you are out. 
as one friend said: "they learn or they quit." 

31 minutes ago, ramav said:

I think this is great ideas. Server is 1 week old and you already have S grade people going around. Think in new ppl joining server and watching the rank requirements. When they see you need to get TOP in the rank just to get Rank 2 they quit. And like i said, its just 1 week. We have Rank 5 people going around and thats ok they grind their asses for it, but think in the new people joining server. If you make rank requirements like this you are just helping the people that play 10hs per day, when a month pasts then you will stay with those people in server and the newbies that join for 1 day and leave because of them. With this ideas that Arthas said you are helping both to have a nice time in the server. Its not CS:GO that everyone spawns with the same equip and battle to win the map. Here you have S grade people playing 10hs a day vs B grade players and you tell them to get top 3 out of 200ppl playing. This is my opinion, i think most of L2 servers dont last more than 1 month because of this. Its only grind your ass up or donate to win. Is ok if its your plan, but dont be surprise if in 1 month you have just 100 ppl online. 

Edited by DiscipleOfLust
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Sophie said:

1- Greaat

2- I really like this one. Maybe only applying this one would be enough?

3- I think rank 5 with some changed will be enough. Rank 3 atm at least is way too easy to make alt chars

4- This would be forcing people to play classes they may not like. I would hate it if I was forced to play tanks just to get +1 rank.

The 4th change depends on your main class. So lets say you are playing Paladin, then you get arrest task. You are Shilien Elder, then root task etc. Destro > use frenzy or guts. Etc etc. No forcing or anything.

2 people like this

Here's what we will do:

* Takedown requirement will start from rank 2.

* Raider requirement will start from rank 3.

* Top Player requirement will start from rank 4.

* You will need to complete only some of the requirements in order to rank up, for example to get rank 2, you only need to meet 2 of the 6 requirements, for rank 3 you need 3 of the 7 requirements and so on until rank 10 where you will need all 10 of the 10 requirements.

2 people like this

Sounds good so far.

I suppose its a middle ground that both sides can agree to.

10 minutes ago, Emerald said:

* You will need to complete only some of the requirements in order to rank up, for example to get rank 2, you only need to meet 2 of the 6 requirements, for rank 3 you need 3 of the 7 requirements and so on until rank 10 where you will need all 10 of the 10 requirements.

I think its a good one. So that people can "avoid" doing some type of requirements to scale fast through the first ones.

Is there a chance you know when these changes will be applied? Before today's olympiads? Once this weekends' olympiads are finished?

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Soon

ranks.png

Too easy conditions, @Emerald. I hope next levels gonna be much harder. Imo complete at least 4 or 5 conditions could be ok. 

12 minutes ago, Fungry said:

Too easy conditions, @Emerald. I hope next levels gonna be much harder. Imo complete at least 4 or 5 conditions could be ok.

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

You will need to complete only some of the requirements in order to rank up, for example to get rank 2, you only need to meet 2 of the 6 requirements, for rank 3 you need 3 of the 7 requirements and so on until rank 10 where you will need all 10 of the 10 requirements.

Posted (edited)

My mistake, miskuzi :) 

Edited by Fungry