Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emerald

Vote: Ranks

Vote: Ranks   36 members have voted

1. 1. Should ranks have only Score requirement?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

As I see there are a few classes who have a hard time (or too easy time) getting certain requirements.

Instead of starting to mess around with the classes themselves, we think of changing the ranks system again.

We think to make ranks only score based, since this is the only requirement all classes can achieve with no problem.

And since this requirement anwyays contains other requirements inside it.

Express your opinions and vote, keep in mind we will take into consideration your opinions more than just numbers.

So u wanna see only tanks/spoilers and etc staying at domi zones or casting at fortrerss and not playing pvp like last season changes?

All the server will make tank subs and camp inside the domi zone just to farm score points. 

But what do they get out of ranking up like that? Nothing. This is a nice change for people that only play supports, my case for example. There's no way I'm getting max rank playing bishop.

1 person likes this

imo you just need to lower requirements for ranks, most players are not getting past rank 3 and 4. 

Only the true true no lifers will hit rank 6 and above in my opinion.

I voted No, but the reason is because i dont like mid season changes , server should run like it started so people dont get in game advantages out of that. In general tho i believe you should make it only score dependant cause with  the way it is you are forcing people into making at least 1 sub they probably dont want to play (either to farm assists or farm top player) Especially people like me who main dagger and its imposible to farm those assists or top player :)

8 minutes ago, Scaretactic said:

imo you just need to lower requirements for ranks, most players are not getting past rank 3 and 4. 

Only the true true no lifers will hit rank 6 and above in my opinion.

+1

Ranks look good how they are, need a little touch here and there..just identify whats stopping ppl to raise rank.

For rank 2.. i think 21 killing streaks is the main problem.

8 minutes ago, NioMode said:

I voted No, but the reason is because i dont like mid season changes , server should run like it started so people dont get in game advantages out of that. In general tho i believe you should make it only score dependant cause with  the way it is you are forcing people into making at least 1 sub they probably dont want to play (either to farm assists or farm top player) Especially people like me who main dagger and its imposible to farm those assists or top player :)

Assists and top player are easy. Takedowns especially and killing sprees are really hard for healers....

Posted (edited)

DPS Of course gonna say no since for them its a breeze to increasing their rank. :)

@Emerald I'd suggest you to try playing one of the classes that are impossible to increase rank with your self, that's the only way to decide.

If you want my opinion tho score is much better, tank/tanky setups can only top the boards in fortress/battlefield.
GL going anywhere near the top 10 in any other event.

Of course anyone who want to prove me wrong is free to play one of the "OP" classes tank/spoiler and raise even 1 rank without changing to sub to farm kill-streaks etc.

LE: Actually if anything the new system would be better for everyone, anyone who can play the objective would be rewarded and all classes will be able to rank.
The only difference with the current system and the one proposed is that the current it doesn't allow some classes to rank up. (Of course that's what some F1 class players want. :))

Edited by Saintly

@Emerald I remember this being similar to the GOD version. What ended up happening were the top tanks were severely ahead in rank while DDs and other classes were 3-4 ranks behind. 

I think the current system is fine. Just IMO everything needs to be knocked down a notch. Kill sprees and kill spree ending are hard for healers and tanks, while the assist requirement and kill requirement are a bit too high for anyone. You don’t want to make it easy but also not too much. Obviously there are rank 5 and 6 players but those are players that are playing 10-15 hours a day.

Keep the discussion going, i'll take a desicion later once there's enough data.

Posted (edited)

@Emerald If possible please increase the time we allowed to edit our posts, could help avoid double posts.

More facts, lets take a look at the class numbers:

MM: 344
HE: 329
SS: 195
Glad: 197
Necro: 167
TH: 161
Sorc:143
Spoiler: 137
GS: 128
Cardi: 118
All tanks combined Pala/DA/TK/SK: 117

That's 7 classes that are played more than spoiler and 10 classes that are played more than all tank classes combined.

Now either those 254 persons are the only ones who noticed how broken and OP spoilers/tanks are and struggle to rank up cause they suck while 1782 play the "weak classes" yet the rank up without issues cause they are awesome at the game or... there's simply something wrong with the ranking system.

Not even gonna make the hypothesis about what the "OP spoilers" population would be if they couldn't spoil.

And that's how you prove a point with actual data and facts instead of crying and making things up. :)

Edited by Saintly
1 person likes this

The killing spree requirements are way too high.

killing spree count is the problem, not every1 plays with a healer or healer and its a real headache for some classes to get so many killing sprees, the requirements for events are ok...

You should have simply stayed with the old expert/rebirth system > level = book.

Keep ranks.just change nobless requirements..so all ppl can play oly

2 hours ago, Ellyn said:

So u wanna see only tanks/spoilers and etc staying at domi zones or casting at fortrerss and not playing pvp like last season changes?

Sadly agree, this Is what will happen if u set score only. Tbh i voted for yes but I changed my mind 

Posted (edited)

oops

Edited by fbs

@Saintly I think stats is counting base clases, so you're working your theory without taking into account subclasses

Posted (edited)

There are classes that get sprees faster, other get score, etc.. all classes can do it but if u wanna grow faster will have to play with some different ones

i see tanks like bla bla o cant get sprees easy but ye, u get alot of score, assists, and easy top 3 just by stand doing nothing on domi 

edit/ “some different ones” means at least more than 1 class

Edited by Lesley

Changes I would suggest:

Being top player on the map: X count.

Changed to:

Earn X map points.

Map points meaning place from the end of map scoreboard.

For example:

Rank 2 requires 30 Map points and you can do that by being 1st 3 times or being 10th 30 times. So people wont just breainlessly compete for 3 first spots.

2. Rank increase requires completion of all the tasks.

Change:

Complete 7 out of 10 for rank increase.

3. Make noble requirement from rank 3.

4. Add class dependand tasks if possible:

- Heal 10000 HP.

- Arrest 100 prople.

- Root 100 people.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Changes I would suggest:

Being top player on the map: X count.

Changed to:

Earn X map points.

Map points meaning place from the end of map scoreboard.

For example:

Rank 2 requires 30 Map points and you can do that by being 1st 3 times or being 10th 30 times. So people wont just breainlessly compete for 3 first spots.

2. Rank increase requires completion of all the tasks.

Change:

Complete 7 out of 10 for rank increase.

3. Make noble requirement from rank 3.

4. Add class dependand tasks if possible:

- Heal 10000 HP.

- Arrest 100 prople.

- Root 100 people.

I like this.

The KS are not the problem... I play Fighter Nuker and Cardinal as main, and i go in spree with all of them, 4/5 times x event... Problem is the score... i topped at first place 2 times out of 1 week of "full" play :D

Posted (edited)

We are already seeing people just make tank subs to rush on fortress, pray, die, repeat. This is annoying since people playing mage/archer/dagger will need to first clear the altar, then pray. Plus, people who rush this way get wayyyyy too many points IMO.

I've been playing SPS and I think the rank system is good, maybe takedowns should be removed since supports will never get them.

Im really struggling to get the assists. I've got everything else fast af, but cant get enought assists, so I made a BP class, but still, not easy.

I would stay with this system, removing Takedowns and lowering a bit kills/assists/sprees.

EDIT: Maybe at least decrease the difficulty a BIT until rank 5. (I think everyone that is rank 3 atm have played enough to deserve playing olympiads). But if you make it trully easy, people will be able to make alt chars for oly, so... there's that. :)

Edited by Sophie

Btw i think subclass should be available once u get up in rank + some requirements ..like nobless. Now many ppl abuse subclass system. Once subclass is not for free and its available later in game u are forced to chose more wisely main class...gearing path. This way class hoppers will be restrained and we will have a healthier gameplay.