Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sourpatchkid

Take a look at mage balance.

54 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

I'm sorry. Its just no one here can give any examples as to how archers scale better than mages - because they don't. That's a basic fundamental of L2 any chronicle prior to C7. Mages in fact - scale better than archers...

People just prefer playing archer. Once they can afford to have decked archer gear, they switch. 

Also, everyone keeps ignoring the fact we already tested it with S grade oe archer vs oe A grade mage. Mage wins almost every.single.time - by a lot.

As i said above, the problem lays in the person behind the keyboard.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It never occured to anyone that in order to play archer in this server you need to be a god at that class and grind ur ballz off for weeks and in order to play a mage you need the IQ of a monkey... does that seem fair to you? This the reason we have "seasons" and not a server. That "late game" scalling doesnt exist... get over it, its just the fact that mages ae squishy and they are being focused first in the "end game" go 1v1 a mage as a an archer and you'll get ur asses handed to you, 90% of the time.

Edited by hemo

We have "seasons" and not a "server", because most of the randoms think they know all the stuff but in fact they know shit at all, and Esmerald listen to some of their dumb suggestions which led to some thoughtless changes/decisions.
Gonna say it once more, just because some of you fail miserably to kill a mage 1v1, doesn't mean that everyone have the same problems.

23 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

I'm sorry. Its just no one here can give any examples as to how archers scale better than mages - because they don't. That's a basic fundamental of L2 any chronicle prior to C7. Mages in fact - scale better than archers...

People just prefer playing archer. Once they can afford to have decked archer gear, they switch. 

Also, everyone keeps ignoring the fact we already tested it with S grade oe archer vs oe A grade mage. Mage wins almost every.single.time - by a lot.

It would be nice if you could record some of your tests, so we can check on that, instead of your word

I got that number wrong, it's 50 as you say instead of 100. I still don't understand how can range work for me and every other player but for you it's a problem. Maybe, just maybe! it's again, because you lack the speed to make use of that range while you're reloading an arrow. Maybe, just maybe, if everyone here says archer is a better char endgame and has reasons for saying that, you should prove the other people that they're wrong with arguments and proof rather than opinion.

I had both wild magic with a mage and mdef with an archer, and I think it's way more advantageous to have mdef because mcrit rate is nerfed.

That's an opinion, and you can't discuss an opinion with a fact, because an opinion doesn't prove shit. Do you see how that works?

46th how about the fact that the skills the mage can enchant are lv 74 and they need it to progress equally? how about the fact that you could enchant your jewels the same way a mage enchants his skills? ofc there are a lot of details i'm missing, and that's because you can't understand the basic stuff, how am I supposed to discuss details with you?

How about using all the info people are giving here to improve your character build and playstyle, practice a little bit, and see if that brings other results to the table?

Please, record those tests and post them here so we can watch it for ourselves

I'm starting to think a good percentage of people in this thread have little L2 knowledge tbh. Suggesting over and over again that mages don't scale as well as archers in interlude is beyond ignorant. They scale better, despite them using A grade robes, espcially in servers where enchants are rare/expensive.

I'm truly disappointed by these people defending how out-of-balanced they are. Its the most boring and easiest class to play - yet op af.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

just the fact that the servers last for 2 months with this current mage setup is proof enough for me that its plain wrong... but every1 is free to think wootever they want.

Edited by hemo

@Nokia

I don't want to be rude friend but this is the last time I'm replying to you. For a simple reason - youre very biased.

For example: You suggest that since other classes can enchant their jewels - that leaves mages at a sole disadvantage. Dude.... Mages can enchant their armor - way easier too. And they have tattoo...

I brought up the fact that mages can enchant their spells because archers cant enchant their attack.....

its cool though.

the truth is this, mages are strong early on, but if you nerf mages, you kill them late game. that means early servers will just become gladis and tyrants spamming AOEs, which honestly is just as strong as mages on this server.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Redman said:

We have "seasons" and not a "server", because most of the randoms think they know all the stuff but in fact they know shit at all, and Esmerald listen to some of their dumb suggestions which led to some thoughtless changes/decisions.
Gonna say it once more, just because some of you fail miserably to kill a mage 1v1, doesn't mean that everyone have the same problems.

You're so full of it. I've been playing this game since launch and played in the most competitive contexts this game has offered my continent. 

Weren't you the guy that stated archers scale better than mages? lol

I tell you what. I challenge you to show us how its done. B grade vs B grade. I'll even use sps - without concentration buff lol.

or you gonna use the "have to be S grade vs S grade" excuse - like it would make a difference....

Edited by sourpatchkid

Posted (edited)

I dont know. My suggestion is nerf mage run speed.

Im done here.

Edited by sourpatchkid

Pal, i'm not your friend, you can be as rude as you want, I only hold myself for the respect I have to the other players here. And if you don't to answer don't, since you're not making any sense it would be the same to not reply.

You clearly don't understand what I'm saying or you do and you're twisting it. Never said mages were at "a sole disadvantage". 

For example, there is no buff/passive/item to counter arrows but there is to every element, up to 83 in the worst case (wind) and 95 with dark how bout that? Why don't you use that info to make your char better against mages? Oh, I forgot you already have DB and baium, that's all you need to kill everyone in the server.

Tell me, how would you land a lv 74 debuff, how would a lv 74 nuke not fail every time, on a lv 80 character. If you don't level the skill up by enchanting it, it becomes useless, it's not an advantage.

The reason I don't agree with you is not that I'm biased, it's that you're wrong, and you're proven wrong with every response. Why are you assuming I'm biased? You don't even know what classes I'm playing atm or what I've played before.  You should really use all the info here to improve, but you won't be able if you don't even read, fam. Go and re read everything I wrote, I'm actually trying to help you win against a mage and not make a ridicule out of yourself in the forum.

* Reduced magic critical rate by 75%.
* Reduced magic critical damage by 25%.

This is retail interlude as well right?

Please for the love of god make fraps of the test playing archer vs mage, show your inventory, buffs and passives, so we can shut our hole and make a statue of your char besides the portal. Well it should be a statue of a random B grade mage since it's the only winner in this pointless discussion. 

5 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

I tell you what. I challenge you to show us how its done. B grade vs B grade. I'll even use sps - without concentration buff lol.

or you gonna use the "have to be S grade vs S grade" excuse - like it would make a difference....

You want to use only selfbuffs aswell? 

2 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

I dont know. My suggestion is nerf mage run speed.

Im done here.

Ok boys, he's done here, nothing else to see.

WW/Wind/Berserker/Vote buff/+5Dex/tattoo/Expert skill will help you. Writing stuff like this on a forum and acting like someone owes you something won't. 

The problem isn't with server balance, the problem is you don't understand how to balance your character. 

You are in the sin sourpatchkid. We hate the sin, but we love the sinner.

Listen to those suggestions above and forget the hate. We all like to hate on forums, it's human and it feels good... in a way.

Ok... I admit... I sympatize because I make fail suggestions too.

Moving this to general discussion, as this is what it turned to and you clearly suggested nothing.

If i'll decide to boost some class, you can be sure mages and archers are out of the question, you dare complaining about the class which is the 2nd mostly used on this server, and indeed becomes 1st as soon as people gear up.

There are many other classes which deserves some love.

3 hours ago, hemo said:

It never occured to anyone that in order to play archer in this server you need to be a god at that class and grind ur ballz off for weeks and in order to play a mage you need the IQ of a monkey

You need to be a god to press F1? oO

Its always hilarious watching mage/archer players talking about skill requirements. :)

5 hours ago, sourpatchkid said:

Nah archers have 50 more range guys. But in L2java it doesn't matter because you can hit ppl farther than your supposed to if you spam right and they're running away.

regardless, 50 range doesn't justify A grade mages face rolling boss S grade archers with boss jewells and resist buff.

had.....

Uhm dude wtf, archers towards end season hit for 3.7k+ non TP mages, with a +6 DC set, it has always been that ridiculous O.o if u lucky hit 2 crits mage is gone... The problem is u... be patient.

4 hours ago, sourpatchkid said:

cancel makes that cancer aswell , pretty much , otherwise they're dead meat , don't lose your hope ))). we'll get some jew. :P 

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Moving this to general discussion, as this is what it turned to and you clearly suggested nothing.

If i'll decide to boost some class, you can be sure mages and archers are out of the question, you dare complaining about the class which is the 2nd mostly used on this server, and indeed becomes 1st as soon as people gear up.

will you buff warsmith sir pretty please?

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, sourpatchkid said:

4). Mage is faster at running?.... S grade archer MUST take 4x resist buffs or he die way too easy to +0 b grade mages..... That means no room for zerk.

use zerk never on archer :P ^^' 

Edited by Zirconium

that dude expecting to win archer vs mage close range lmfao. 

7 hours ago, UmaruChan said:

Uhm dude wtf, archers towards end season hit for 3.7k+ non TP mages, with a +6 DC set, it has always been that ridiculous O.o if u lucky hit 2 crits mage is gone... The problem is u... be patient.

Honestly, I dont know. 

+5 DB/F HE with AQ and Baium hit enchanted avadon robes for waay less right now. I've spoke with several archers ingame about it and everyone is saying the same thing.

Something is bugged with dmg calculations or Emerald forgot to mention something in balancing thread. 

3 hours ago, miqel said:

that dude expecting to win archer vs mage close range lmfao. 

Hell no, I dont think archer should win when tanking mage.

However, mages shouldn't absolutely face roll archers like they do either. Their base damage was nerfed badly.

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

Emerald, I didnt ask for an archer buff. I asked for you to balance mage. I dont think you realize I can faceroll archers and have almost full hp left. Lower their run.spd or something.

And with all do respect, I understand when balancing classes, you must consider lots of things and its impossible to do well. Thats why people balance with rock paper scissors method but you cant on small servers....

im getting crit for 3k constantly by PRs with shyeeds bow, why are you lying and saying with DB baium and AQ you dont crit for that?