Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sourpatchkid

Take a look at mage balance.

54 posts in this topic

Can you take another look at mages Emerald?

Theyre the only class worth playing this season.

1). Safe enchanted:  dracbow archer + baium, + s grade jewells + resist buff   vs   dc robe mage, + tattoo and +3 a grade weapon. Mage wins with like 50% of hp left. THATS NOT ACCOUNTING THEY CAN DRAIN HP!

2). ^ that's not accounting for mage crits.

3). they atk faster and kill steal waaaay easier.

4). Mage is faster at running?.... S grade archer MUST take 4x resist buffs or he die way too easy to +0 b grade mages..... That means no room for zerk.

5). They have better utility skills.....

6). They can quickly heal themselves!!!!

seriously. plz take a look and think about it.

Thats not an unbalance problem on the server... 

Maybe you should try buying QA before baium on archer, 

48 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

that's not accounting for mage crits

So archers dont crit now?

49 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

5). They have better utility skills.....

6). They can quickly heal themselves!!!!

You're basically describing how mages work...

If you're playing archer, you should consider taking advantage of your range (note: this is an archer feature, not a balance problem on the server ;) )

Use your "range"? that doesn't even make sense, they are both ranged.

Youre just crying because you play mage and are comfortable with how op your class is.

And besides, that's all irrelevant. Emerald is trying to achieve a balanced gaming experience. I explained my points why I feel mage is waaay op. If you disagree, please explain why. 

1 person likes this

Sophie I see you are now editing your post as I'm replying. Should I give you a few minutes before post?

My 1 vs 1 comparison accounts for archer crits. Not accounting for mage crits. Obviously....

And baium and ant queen give the same amount of crt damage. Baium gives atk speed and is the better jewel for archers.

Let me know if you need anymore L2 lessons.

Another piece of L2 info you probably didn't realize. Ant queen gives 15% crt dmg. That only applies if you actually crit during attack.

Archers average dps only goes up like >6% with ant queen ring. 

You have to look at it end game as well. To expect an archer to kill a mage 1v1 first week of the server is ludacris. If thats the case, end game would be event worse for mages.

Mages fall off insanely hard the 2nd to 3rd week of server. Once people get jewls, and boss jewls, daggers start 2 shotting mages. Archers will start critting for 3-5k.

This is how it always is, mages are stronger in the beginning and by end of first month, mage population is gone by 70% because most people rerolled cause it becomes literal shit.

This eason, theres actually a massive amount of gladis and tyrants which are basically mages with aoe, long range skills and more tanky with invincible barrier. Wait till these glads and tyrants gear up and get +++ Sweaps and valakas. Mages will nuke for 500 while getting hit for 4k per skill.

2 hours ago, Scaretactic said:

You have to look at it end game as well. To expect an archer to kill a mage 1v1 first week of the server is ludacris. If thats the case, end game would be event worse for mages.

Mages fall off insanely hard the 2nd to 3rd week of server. Once people get jewls, and boss jewls, daggers start 2 shotting mages. Archers will start critting for 3-5k.

This is how it always is, mages are stronger in the beginning and by end of first month, mage population is gone by 70% because most people rerolled cause it becomes literal shit.

This eason, theres actually a massive amount of gladis and tyrants which are basically mages with aoe, long range skills and more tanky with invincible barrier. Wait till these glads and tyrants gear up and get +++ Sweaps and valakas. Mages will nuke for 500 while getting hit for 4k per skill.

ez tactics ;)

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Scaretactic said:

Mages fall off 2nd+ week because other classes such melees can catch up.Meanwhile pussies like u are long gone and all talk and talk about how he won server.

Edited by Agent

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Sophie said:

If you're playing archer, you should consider taking advantage of your range

they seem to have the same range and archer crit is really weird, i can hit 5-6 times an avadon without criting him while he crits me 2-3/5hits. Im up to test anytime, not to mention the fact that I saw sps critting up to 4k on me and I have resists... while i crit him for 900-1k... every1 will leave before "late game" will arrive... i guess ovc will never surpass the "season server" name seeing how it became a fashion for people to play mage the first weeks cuz everything else is weak and leave as soon as other classes catch up. Oh well ... next season lets all go mage style and cutt of our dickies while throwing wind,water and fire at one another.

And dont tell me its an "l2 feature" cuz i can see in the change logs that Emerald nerfed archer dmg by 20% of smt like that...

Edited by hemo

Mages & archers have the same range till Gracia i think.

Archer gain longer range on the same patch that changed the bow damage formula.

Posted (edited)

Reduced human/dark elf archer critical damage by 15%---this combined with the missing cat buff is just to much why would this be implemented? prolly some mage players complained cuz they simply suck at this game, not to mention the fact that all the maps are f1 friendly, good luck kitting a class that simply locks you and hits you while you try to run on this geodata.

You can find all the nerfs on the Server Features post.

Edited by hemo

Since there is no cat buff in this server, if you play archer from the start you will have to either wait till you gear up with Baium/AQ/Valakas and an enchanted bow above +6 so you can deal the damage you seek, or just play some other class till you achieve those things.
Everyone who played in OVC more than the first 2-3 weeks knows that archers are slowly progressive class, but in later stages they are not as bad as some believe or try to illustrate them. Not to mention about last season, when every random malaka archer had 2x augments, OE bow and that mindless God. motivation buff, factors which completely killed any class diversity and the whole season itself.
Anyway, you either learn to play archer correctly, wait till you gear up or roll to different class. Even without endgame gear a skilled archer should not have problems against mages, especially those that are playing here, 95% of them are motionless nuking randoms. Just look at the way the play or the scoreboards/stats, 2 to 1 k/d :D.

Learn to Kite between hits to cut the Mage's DPS in half while maintaining your own.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, sourpatchkid said:

Sophie I see you are now editing your post as I'm replying. Should I give you a few minutes before post?

LOL? 

10 minutes ago, Asmodin said:

Learn to Kite between hits to cut the Mage's DPS in half while maintaining your own.

kite.. ok

Btw who thinks mages end up garbage end game its just bullsh1t,Its actually balanced and mages never become sh1t like someone tries to lie here.Server just become more balanced and more classes come into play thats it.

Posted (edited)

Nah archers have 50 more range guys. But in L2java it doesn't matter because you can hit ppl farther than your supposed to if you spam right and they're running away.

regardless, 50 range doesn't justify A grade mages face rolling boss S grade archers with boss jewells and resist buff.

Edited by sourpatchkid

Posted (edited)

Who suggested kiting the mage? This is java! If the archer runs away out of range, you can still hit him at least twice if first cast was within range. And mages are faster... Archers are stacking resist buffs and not taking zerk.

Edited by sourpatchkid

1 hour ago, Redman said:

Since there is no cat buff in this server, if you play archer from the start you will have to either wait till you gear up with Baium/AQ/Valakas and an enchanted bow above +6 so you can deal the damage you seek, or just play some other class till you achieve those things.
Everyone who played in OVC more than the first 2-3 weeks knows that archers are slowly progressive class, but in later stages they are not as bad as some believe or try to illustrate them. Not to mention about last season, when every random malaka archer had 2x augments, OE bow and that mindless God. motivation buff, factors which completely killed any class diversity and the whole season itself.
Anyway, you either learn to play archer correctly, wait till you gear up or roll to different class. Even without endgame gear a skilled archer should not have problems against mages, especially those that are playing here, 95% of them are motionless nuking randoms. Just look at the way the play or the scoreboards/stats, 2 to 1 k/d :D.

Mages scale just as well as archers, so don't act like archers somehow become godly. That's not how it works.

I'm so sick of this "need ant queen and baium" bs. Both those jewells together boost archer dps by ~15% on average. 

Were currently collecting data. I'll update as soon as we have {damage per second : damage taken} ratios calculated.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

Mages scale just as well as archers, so don't act like archers somehow become godly. That's not how it works.

I'm so sick of this "need ant queen and baium" bs. Both those jewells together boost archer dps by ~15% on average. 

Were currently collecting data. I'll update as soon as we have {damage per second : damage taken} ratios calculated.

Dude balanced is made for end game mostly.U need reach that point and than speak about balance.Its not 1st season of l2ovc here,some older players know what are talking about.Archer improves better end game,hes the most gear dependent class.Aq+baium+valakas+OE db+might/dm augmen+6 jewels make huge difference,u areally need all of this.

Edited by Agent

100 more range, you can certainly use that to kite, if you're not using berserker spirit your speed will be considerably lower than the mage's so maybe that's why you can't kite properly. +5 DEX, vote buff, learn expert skills, look for passive mdef augment, buy the tattoo of power, learn elemental clan skills, get every boss jewel (++) and use that extra 100 range to stay besides the front line and not let mages touch you, use the reload time on your arrow to gain distance.

1) you're missing a lot of items and buffs, plus not all mages drain.

2) mages final crit chance is way less than archers.

3) thats subjective, they focus different classes with different hp pools, an archer can 6k a mage from 1000 range on a single shot.

4) if he's faster than you its because he's using magnus, just shoot him in the face he'll drop after 2 crits / you can find room for atk speed/atk/crit/speed/pdef/mdef/hp buffs but you can't find room for elemental resistance, yet you complain you're receiving too much elemental damage.

5) that can be countered (rendered useless since if they don't land mage has wasted time and exposed himself) by: range (which archer have the most in the game) epic jewels, vote buff, expert skills, magic defense, clan skills, buffs.

6) wtf? again, they use TIME to do that, and battle heal might cast "fast" but you will need several seconds to heal a considerable amount, and every class has an HP toggle. 

Every season we read the same nonsense arguments by people wanting to have an agressive setup while countering every class, wrap this around your head: you need to choose your buffs carefully as they, along with your items and skills will determine which classes you pick a fight with and which you avoid.

This is by far the season with more tools to counter nuker classes. Instead of creating a topic crying because you bought 2 S grade item and you can't figure out how to kill a measly B grader, step up your game and your research, or ask for help on how to play properly. Instead of showing off what items and buffs you "have" like if those were a certificate to 100% kill every mage, try to figure out which ones you don't, and what possibilities the game gives you and you're not using.

7 minutes ago, sourpatchkid said:

Dunno who you are but i am talking from personal experience. This is my 7th season here, and in every one of the past 6 i had mage and archer on sub, so if you find hard to kill some random mages in OVC, thats your problem, don't try to make it like its generally for the whole class.

Posted (edited)

Btw archers always need play in retreat mode vs nukers thats called kiting.While your cooldown is recharging u retreat so mage wont nuke u continously.U cut some of his damage like this while u mantain yours,this is how it works.in 900 range archer should have the advantage if u do so.If u get caught in closer range vs good mage u are toasted no matter what.

Edited by Agent

Posted (edited)

@Nokia

its 50 more range not 100. and this is L2J, range advantage doesn't work correctly on this server.

Secondly, you cant bring up augments. Mages have both wild magic passive augment and active wild magic buff augment - which is waay more advantageous. 

3rd. We already tested with +6 drac bow, baium + aq and s jewells. Mage with A grade and boss jewells - wins almost everytime - by a lot.

46th. Youre leaving out lots of other details. For quick example, How about the fact that mage can enchant their spells.

Edited by sourpatchkid

10 minutes ago, Redman said:

Dunno who you are but i am talking from personal experience. This is my 7th season here, and in every one of the past 6 i had mage and archer on sub, so if you find hard to kill some random mages in OVC, thats your problem, don't try to make it like its generally for the whole class.

I'm sorry. Its just no one here can give any examples as to how archers scale better than mages - because they don't. That's a basic fundamental of L2 any chronicle prior to C7. Mages in fact - scale better than archers...

People just prefer playing archer. Once they can afford to have decked archer gear, they switch. 

Also, everyone keeps ignoring the fact we already tested it with S grade oe archer vs oe A grade mage. Mage wins almost every.single.time - by a lot.