Marovich

Does Self buffs take slot?

41 posts in this topic

Hi, so as i mentioned, does self buffs take slots for other npc buffs? Im wondering, because im planning on going with Tank class and buffs is the main key for tank class to survive. Anyone can help?

Posted (edited)

yes, it takes

Edited by Neras

Wow, so its again only magesVSarchersVSdaggers server ;d

Tankers will never be made more viable, when they were, people couldn't stop complaining (and I totally understand them) that all people did was using tanks to agro and annoy others.

So yes, i'm pretty sure I don't want self buffs not taking a buff slot anymore.

Accept it, tankers are not mages nor archers nor daggers, and they will never be.

That doesn't mean they are not playable, especially after last update which allows you to take rewards by simply doing event objectives (capturing a fort, standing inside domination zone, etc).

Alright, i will still give it a try and check how things work out. And this chronicle is for archers/mages/daggers only, so i still appreciate ur work here. 

Not the answer you are looking for probably but here's how playing felt last season.

Tanks are pretty playable when you get proper gear.
Obviously they are not in the same tier as F1 spamming classes (archer/mages) that don't have to do any compromises when it comes to buffs.

Not sure if the update that Emerald mentioned was used in last season since you barely got any adena for doing obj.
If its changed tho and objectives are made more rewarding than chasing frags tanking instantly became much more viable/on par with other classes.

About buffs, self-buffs not taking a slot would be nice but doubt it'll happen since people will cry their eyes out to do that even on completely viable classes as archers.
Buffing tank in general doubt will work either, since all tanks are not equal, i mean you cant compare pala/SK to DA/TK so it'll need separate balancing that again will bring drama/tears.
The only buff that i could suggest is decrease the stun nerf on DA.

7 minutes ago, Saintly said:

Not the answer you are looking for probably but here's how playing felt last season.

Tanks are pretty playable when you get proper gear.
Obviously they are not in the same tier as F1 spamming classes (archer/mages) that don't have to do any compromises when it comes to buffs.

Not sure if the update that Emerald mentioned was used in last season since you barely got any adena for doing obj.
If its changed tho and objectives are made more rewarding than chasing frags tanking instantly became much more viable/on par with other classes.

About buffs, self-buffs not taking a slot would be nice but doubt it'll happen since people will cry their eyes out to do that even on completely viable classes as archers.
Buffing tank in general doubt will work either, since all tanks are not equal, i mean you cant compare pala/SK to DA/TK so it'll need separate balancing that again will bring drama/tears.
The only buff that i could suggest is decrease the stun nerf on DA.

very well said. Anyway, i thought chronicle will be different, because in this chronicle archers/mages are the only playable classes. Its too difficult for admins to balance all classes in interlude :D 

16 minutes ago, Saintly said:

It was, objectives now will give items (enchants, ls, codex, etc) players will only drop adena and only on tvt events players will drop itens aswell

5 minutes ago, fbs said:

It was, objectives now will give items (enchants, ls, codex, etc) players will only drop adena and only on tvt events players will drop itens aswell

Oh nicely. :D

FU REWARD WAS GOOD...SELF BUFFS HAVE TO TAKE BUFF SPACE NOOBS..ONLY TOUCH OF HEAL AND OTHER buffs like that CAN NOT TAKE SPACE

3 minutes ago, Ocean3 said:

FU REWARD WAS GOOD...SELF BUFFS HAVE TO TAKE BUFF SPACE NOOBS..ONLY TOUCH OF HEAL AND OTHER buffs like that CAN NOT TAKE SPACE

You should consider turning off cap locks before making a comment :) 

4 minutes ago, Ocean3 said:

think again what did you just said.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Tankers will never be made more viable, when they were, people couldn't stop complaining (and I totally understand them) that all people did was using tanks to agro and annoy others.

So yes, i'm pretty sure I don't want self buffs not taking a buff slot anymore.

Accept it, tankers are not mages nor archers nor daggers, and they will never be.

That doesn't mean they are not playable, especially after last update which allows you to take rewards by simply doing event objectives (capturing a fort, standing inside domination zone, etc).

Tanks are really weak in interlude for playing offensive.Thats why they are busted with like 50% more dps,but i feel thats not enough.I mean if u boost little to no damage with something like 50% its still little :).Agrobots have no problem to buff full resists and self so i dont think Emerald arguments applies in this case because players will have no problem with buffs if they chose the agrobot with 0 damage route just for tanking and annoy people.

I really think that if tanks boosted properly wont make tank more annoying quite contrary because if player choose the offensive route wich beside selfbuffs like AI need alot of slots for offensive buffs.Tanks and titans i think are the class that have the most trouble with buffs count and they are melee.Archer can somehow can get away because of his range.

So i dont see any harm whatsoever if selfbuffs would be removed from buff count.This will help them only offensively,i explained already defensive tanks have no real issues with buffs,only offensive tanks have.I think it should be tried out.Btw there should be other solution and im thinking here about that expert skills that increase buffslot.As alternative to increase more buffslots for tanks/titans.

Edited by Agent

3 minutes ago, Agent said:

Tanks are really weak in interlude for playing offensive.Thats why they are busted with like 50% more dps,but i feel thats not enough.I mean if u boost little to no damage with something like 50% its still little :).Agrobots have no problem to buff full resists and self so i dont think Emerald arguments applies in this case because players will have no problem with buffs if they chose the agrobot with 0 damage route just for tanking and annoy people.

I really think that if tanks boosted properly wont make tank more annoying quite contrary because if player choose the offensive route wich beside selfbuffs like AI need alot of slots for offensive buffs.Tanks and titans i think are the class that have the most trouble with buffs count and they are melee.Archer can somehow can get away because of his range.

So i dont see any harm whatsoever if selfbuffs would be removed from buff count.This will help them only offensively,i explained already defensive tanks have no real issues with buffs,only offensive tanks have.I think it should be tried out.Btw there should be other solution and im thinking here about that expert skills that increase buffslot.As alternative to increase more buffslots for tanks/titans.

In a perfect world that's correct, but this is not a perfect world and as soon as we'll give tanks mroe buff slots they'll use it to get even more immortal.

When I say "annoy people" I don't only mean agro and stun them non-stop, but the fact that they are nearly immortals by itself, give them more slots and they'll simply take more and more resists.

I'm not saying stuff just like that, we've had this feature in the past in interlude, it was removed because it didn't work out as planned.

s alternative to increase more buffslots for tanks/titans.

This, however, is something I might consider, since now Expert Divine Inspiration has 3 levels, but not right now.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Marovich said:

very well said. Anyway, i thought chronicle will be different, because in this chronicle archers/mages are the only playable classes. Its too difficult for admins to balance all classes in interlude :D 

Archers and mages are not the only playable classes in this server. 

Read under "class balance" in Server features and you will find out that a lot was modified to both nerf overpowered classes and buff non-pvp oriented ones

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, NOKIA said:

Archers and mages are not the only playable classes in this server. 

Read under "class balance" in Server features and you will find out that a lot was modified to both nerf overpowered classes and buff non-pvp oriented ones

Daggers are good too but they need a little progression.Glads/tyrants are decent too but not with b grade ofc :).Titans can be good too but despite people saying is easy f1 class actually requires good awarness of what u actually doing more than any other class because they die as as fast as they can kill..And there are suports class ofc wich are more than playable for those who like it,and have big impact in pvp.

Edited by Agent

also don't forget about summoners and warlords, they can do a lot 

43 minutes ago, Emerald said:

This, however, is something I might consider, since now Expert Divine Inspiration has 3 levels, but not right now.

wait... it means now you can have +3 buffslot?

2 minutes ago, fbs said:

wait... it means now you can have +3 buffslot?

No, i'm not crazy :D

Same as before, but other levels now give a small bonus to resistance.

You will see everything ingame.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Emerald said:

people couldn't stop complaining (and I totally understand them) that all people did was using tanks to agro and annoy others.

this gotta be a joke???, thats what a tank is supposed to do. if i wanted another DPS i'd invite a dagger to my party.

fucking unreal

1 person likes this

@Emerald you might wanna check tanks balance again.

I mean its great that there are so many people on the server and all but its kinda impossible to go either DPS or tank at the moment.

If you go tank you instantly melt asap you agro you get insta gloom + surrender + canceled.
On the other hand if you go full DPS asap you root someone archers/mages/daggers will kill him and you don't get a single adena.

Maybe you can add at least rewards based on damage received/blocked on tanks? I mean since other buffs are out of the question.
Ranking up will be a pain too obviously, but that's the least of tank mains problem for now i guess.

By the way something i didn't get/could check does agro/mass agro count as assist?

21 hours ago, NOKIA said:

also don't forget about summoners and warlords, they can do a lot 

Well, summoners cant do a lot here. 3rd class pets damage in pvp is twice lower as any 2nd class servitor :D  I know that Emerald knows this issue, but as he says, its retail :D:D  Lets not bring that topic again, because nothing is going to change, we tried :D 

Any updates on this? :)

If you made up your mind and plan to leave tanks like this, could you at least let us know so we don't waste our time on such classes.
Just got outrun by a necro as ET with 191 speed. The best part he was in avadon, imagine if he had the +7 speed from DC. :3

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Star64 said:

this gotta be a joke???, thats what a tank is supposed to do. if i wanted another DPS i'd invite a dagger to my party.

fucking unreal

U must understand that this is not normal type of server.Its faction so different rules.And its not unique,there was some others popular faction servers wich i wont name tanks were kinda nerfed in agro but boosted or more encouraged to play in offensive way.People need to get it,in normal server its normal,this is faction so what is normal may be anormal in faction servers.

Here u have option to play solo take buffs  and go straight pvp,wich applies for majority and is not 9vs9 or mass pvp with 9 man party everytime.People randomly agroing other people in faction and pretending its pvp its just bullsh1t in my opinion.

And no u aint right,tank can be dps as well,sure not in interlude but later they for sure can play differently other than just agro even in "normal standard servers".

Edited by Agent

36 minutes ago, Saintly said:

Any updates on this? :)

If you made up your mind and plan to leave tanks like this, could you at least let us know so we don't waste our time on such classes.
Just got outrun by a necro as ET with 191 speed. The best part he was in avadon, imagine if he had the +7 speed from DC. :3

I would suggest to Emerald to make some kind of expert skills to boost tank offensively.Server would have only to gain if players would have the option to play offensive tanks.So what would encourage tanks is something like this:

Expert knight level 1: +5 speed/+1 buffslots for tanks

Expert knight level 2:+10 speed/+2 buffslots for tanks

Expert knight level 3:+15 speed/+3 buffslots for tanks