Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DiscipleOfLust

Hell Knight panther

5 posts in this topic

I logged in a friend's character before server shutdown and its HellKnight(Dark Avanger).
Its a awesome class with less support status than Phoenix Knight(Paladin) or Eva's Templar(Temple Knight)...
But I noticed a problem to this classes survive in events. this panther has a "DPS/LowDefs" status. It's not a problem, the problem is:

•If you want to re-summon this panther, even if you have an auto-use BSS(spirit shot) and a Acumen weapon to accelerate this process, you will stay holded for a long time in seconds to summon again this pet. It turns difficult the way to survive in map events.

(it's only a suggestion to motivate people to try learn play some utilitary/support classes and not turn our server an boring "ranged wars" game.)
A number between 15% of this community know that the problem of season not goin longer is bad loser players who can't admit that still doesn't learned to play their own favorite classes results in bad actions like: zerg/leave server and both makes season finish earlier. We need active and motivated players.
Later I can write some basic guides for better ways to survive this server and play some classes, new players are  are joinning late season in maps with lvl76 +A grade bow archers, for example.(we know it's stupid and I'm not trying to throw this reallity on their faces, I'm just trying to help).

Hope that next season comes to be an end for this random servers on our web, beacause the real L2 features are here on OvC, we can't lose this server.

A lot suggested that already I think, but I agree on reducing the casting speed only if it's still minimal (that's what you're suggesting right ?)

Like you said, you want the real L2 features, then Panther is a joke in Mass PvP. Just a little a bonus that if dead, you just leave it (her for sentimentals) where it (she) died.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, DiscipleOfLust said:

•If you want to re-summon this panther, even if you have an auto-use BSS(spirit shot) and a Acumen weapon to accelerate this process, you will stay holded for a long time in seconds to summon again this pet

There's special rebirth skill for summoners (greater summoner empower if I'm not mistaken). Faster summonning can be implemented in this rebirth skill.

Faster summoning boost will affect mainly hell knights and warsmiths (if they get this rebirth skill), since summoners / necromancers already got very high summoning speed.

Actualy, resummoning anything during the battle is nonsence for Interlude, since summon appears without buffs, but if we consider resummoning with buffs a valid customization, we can also consider faster resummoning a valid customization.

It was suggested before and indeed denied, a tanker is a tanker, not a summoner.

Otherwise why would people play summoners while they can also tank, also do some damage and also have their pet up at most times.

There's special rebirth skill for summoners (greater summoner empower if I'm not mistaken). Faster summonning can be implemented in this rebirth skill.

That rebirth skill is given to the summon, not the owner, so it cannot increase his casting speed.

If you really want more casting then take Rebirth Haste, what can I say :D and always change to acu weapon + dc set via a macro whenever about to cast it.

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

Otherwise why would people play summoners while they can also tank, also do some damage and also have their pet up at most times.

Actually, a knight even with instant resummoning cast time is no way comparable to a full summoner.

1. Panther lives maybe 2 archer crits, knight has nothing to keep panther alive, and next time knight can resummon panther is almost 20 seconds after the panther is killed (it must disappear before knight can start resummoning). Panther will actually be dead more that half of playtime.

2. Summoner has tanking potential close to hell knight due to transfer pain and battle heal.

3. Tanks are almost never played dps style. Only aggro style. And will unlikely be played dps style even with panther boosted.

So, I'd say, people will play tank / summoner only for fun, not for profit. They will never choose which one to play based on dps.