Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emerald

Vote: Epics & Tattoo in progressive gameplay

Vote: Epics & Tattoo in progressive gameplay   26 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote: Epics & Tattoo in progressive gameplay

    • Yes, they should be a part of progressive gameplay
      16
    • No, they should stay as they are
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Agent this is not another flame war topic.

Star64 I got nothing against "free" suggestions / feedback, but do some homework before you write something - as I said, your recent comments prove you are unaware of anything new that has happent in this server.

And yes I make so many changes that not playing a single season is enough not be able to give input - and playing on other l2off servers or whatever is completely irrelevant.

Yeah sry for that i was carried away,dont want to transform this topic in offtopic>And speaking about it,i voted yes,if epics will remain same price,nothing will change except that players that join later will have easier time to get epics.

Btw 1 critics i have about current prices.Is that prices for s are too cheap,like seriously 1k adena and negligible number of mats for s grade weapon.Thats way too cheap.There should be some cap how cheap S items get due to progressive gameplay.I am pro for progressive gameplay but as u told prices should stay in some range from initial prices.50 % for last stage its a good number.And mats should be stay as valuable resources even end game stages.If u make it too easy this aint good ,even newbie still need work abit to get this end game gear,and close to free is not wise imo.

 

Edited by Agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted yes, just for newbies to be able to catch up the veterans after a stage of 2-3 weeks of server's duration.
But i made to myself a question about "why every season since it start with so many prospects after 2nd week population is decreasing so fast?" After all the seasons i've played here I think that , as in previous replies i made in other topics in the past, i think that IF the s grade's were locked for the first week, so we would do siege/olympiad and pvp 1 week only with A, and the economy of server would be a little bit more interesting,and this automatically gives more life to the season,and newbies after 1-2 weeks will be almost be able to catch up quickly the veterans. After first heroes are given S grades should be unlocked and then the real party goes on,everyone after 1 week will be still too excited to log and play in l2ovc. And about epics...i think after 1st week should be unlocked or after 1,5 week or after 2 weeks...cuz epics can give big unbalance...but after 1 week sounds perfect,to be unlocked with S items..

Cheers

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Luffy said:

Voted yes, just for newbies to be able to catch up the veterans after a stage of 2-3 weeks of server's duration.
But i made to myself a question about "why every season since it start with so many prospects after 2nd week population is decreasing so fast?" After all the seasons i've played here I think that , as in previous replies i made in other topics in the past, i think that IF the s grade's were locked for the first week, so we would do siege/olympiad and pvp 1 week only with A, and the economy of server would be a little bit more interesting,and this automatically gives more life to the season,and newbies after 1-2 weeks will be almost be able to catch up quickly the veterans. After first heroes are given S grades should be unlocked and then the real party goes on,everyone after 1 week will be still too excited to log and play in l2ovc. And about epics...i think after 1st week should be unlocked or after 1,5 week or after 2 weeks...cuz epics can give big unbalance...but after 1 week sounds perfect,to be unlocked with S items..

Cheers

Do you know, I think I agree with you. It was like that before (progression) and I don't know if its false memory  but I do remember the population sustaining high for longer. The season that was done in summer (June) was okay, but I feel like on this one, there were people with S-grade from day 1. They got bored eventually, because didn't really wait for majority of people to gear up but ,also a lot of newbies quit, as well, because they felt discouraged.

However, I can't conclude which way is best because we've had good and bad seasons in both ways, Emerald is the only one who can decide on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luffy said:

Voted yes, just for newbies to be able to catch up the veterans after a stage of 2-3 weeks of server's duration.
But i made to myself a question about "why every season since it start with so many prospects after 2nd week population is decreasing so fast?" After all the seasons i've played here I think that , as in previous replies i made in other topics in the past, i think that IF the s grade's were locked for the first week, so we would do siege/olympiad and pvp 1 week only with A, and the economy of server would be a little bit more interesting,and this automatically gives more life to the season,and newbies after 1-2 weeks will be almost be able to catch up quickly the veterans. After first heroes are given S grades should be unlocked and then the real party goes on,everyone after 1 week will be still too excited to log and play in l2ovc. And about epics...i think after 1st week should be unlocked or after 1,5 week or after 2 weeks...cuz epics can give big unbalance...but after 1 week sounds perfect,to be unlocked with S items..

Cheers

+1

 

also voted for progession

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luffy said:

Voted yes, just for newbies to be able to catch up the veterans after a stage of 2-3 weeks of server's duration.
But i made to myself a question about "why every season since it start with so many prospects after 2nd week population is decreasing so fast?" After all the seasons i've played here I think that , as in previous replies i made in other topics in the past, i think that IF the s grade's were locked for the first week, so we would do siege/olympiad and pvp 1 week only with A, and the economy of server would be a little bit more interesting,and this automatically gives more life to the season,and newbies after 1-2 weeks will be almost be able to catch up quickly the veterans. After first heroes are given S grades should be unlocked and then the real party goes on,everyone after 1 week will be still too excited to log and play in l2ovc. And about epics...i think after 1st week should be unlocked or after 1,5 week or after 2 weeks...cuz epics can give big unbalance...but after 1 week sounds perfect,to be unlocked with S items..

Cheers

Made an account to +1 this. This season was sad when I saw on first day s grade weapon already. 1 week for s grade and 1 rb jewel, 1.5 weeks 2 rb jewels, 2 weeks 3 rb jewels etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S-grade / epics won't be locked, people need to be able to make as much progress as they can without any limitations.

But the main reason is that for mages A-grade armor is anyway considered top, so making such a change would be unfair for fighters.

A few S-graders when server starts while it has big population proven that it makes almost no difference to game balance when it comes to mass pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Emerald said:

S-grade / epics won't be locked, people need to be able to make as much progress as they can without any limitations.

But the main reason is that for mages A-grade armor is anyway considered top, so making such a change would be unfair for fighters.

A few S-graders when server starts while it has big population proven that it makes almost no difference to game balance when it comes to mass pvp.

Okay, do not lock it, just make it buy-able with value, for example gold drake - reward by winning the event.(non-tradeable)

Something that prevents S grade at the first, 2nd or 3rd day of the server.

Same for the epics, and make them buy-able for adena + materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, trololoYaYa said:

Okay, do not lock it, just make it buy-able with value, for example gold drake - reward by winning the event.(non-tradeable)

Something that prevents S grade at the first, 2nd or 3rd day of the server.

Same for the epics, and make them buy-able for adena + materials.

i've suggested this multiple times before. This alone would make event objectives worth it. All the other changes to drops etc was unnecessary when this could have fixed it all. And as server length goes on, could lower the amount of gold drakes needed for an item. That means all newbies on a team could get it as well, instead of needing to farm players that 2 shot them.

Edited by Scaretactic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerald said:

S-grade / epics won't be locked, people need to be able to make as much progress as they can without any limitations.

But the main reason is that for mages A-grade armor is anyway considered top, so making such a change would be unfair for fighters.

A few S-graders when server starts while it has big population proven that it makes almost no difference to game balance when it comes to mass pvp.

you will lose many money from donates if you lock S grades...i understand :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe taking down blessed enchants would make some difference to the market already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lesley said:

maybe taking down blessed enchants would make some difference to the market already

Emerald already tokd us that he is working on different enchanting method and in next season enchants will be rare thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Luffy said:

you will lose many money from donates if you lock S grades...i understand :)

Yeah, but I don't lose "many" money when I insist to keep the server online until the last of the players instead of simply wiping it, or when I work months upon months sometimes between seasons without a server running at all, right? disrespectful comment, shows what players wouldn't do to try and make their suggestion more valid.

Quote

Okay, do not lock it, just make it buy-able with value, for example gold drake - reward by winning the event.(non-tradeable)

Something that prevents S grade at the first, 2nd or 3rd day of the server.

Same for the epics, and make them buy-able for adena + materials.

For now I will stick to the recent changes I made, which should already make progression abit harder aswell as give event objectives a much better meaning.

Ontopic: feature added, for now with a max discount of 33% after 250 sets / weapons sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Emerald said:

Yeah, but I don't lose "many" money when I insist to keep the server online until the last of the players instead of simply wiping it, or when I work months upon months sometimes between seasons without a server running at all, right? disrespectful comment, shows what players wouldn't do to try and make their suggestion more valid.

the way u replied to my suggestion made me understand that you are thinking in that way,i didnt want to harm anyone's feelings,i just want to try to improve with any ideas the server i have choosed to spend my free time. Thats all

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 7:32 PM, trololoYaYa said:

*

Same for the epics, and make them buy-able for adena + materials.

 )))). ye right , some extra stuff mate , yeeey , fun -.-'.And ye , Put on all the mats then, if still , cause we really gotta keep an eye on how that CBP is not spending pretty Much att'all. Those mages love A's more than I Do love that NM ))). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss jewels should be temporary, (expire after a short period of time but are somewhat easier to obtain, through more frequent raid events.)

Tattoos should be removed.

Max enchant should be +12 on weapons and +6 on armor and jewels, with +4 being safe on weapons. ( Enchanting should be much more difficult to balance this out )

Skill enchant rate should be way more difficult, and bogs should have less drop-rate.

Self buffs should no longer count as buff slots, to encourage class diversity.

Chant of Victory / Magnus should be removed from NPC buffer, to encourage people to play Warcryer's.

 

I do think some of these changes would make the server much more enjoyable and playable after 3 months of the server being up, especially for newcomers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by f2B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, f2B said:

Boss jewels should be temporary, (expire after a short period of time but are somewhat easier to obtain, through more frequent raid events.)

Tattoos should be removed.

Max enchant should be +12 on weapons and +6 on armor and jewels, with +4 being safe on weapons. ( Enchanting should be much more difficult to balance this out )

Skill enchant rate should be way more difficult, and bogs should have less drop-rate.

Self buffs should no longer count as buff slots, to encourage class diversity.

Chant of Victory / Magnus should be removed from NPC buffer, to encourage people to play Warcryer's.

 

I do think some of these changes would make the server much more enjoyable and playable after 3 months of the server being up, especially for newcomers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

agree

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, f2B said:

Boss jewels should be temporary, (expire after a short period of time but are somewhat easier to obtain, through more frequent raid events.)

Tattoos should be removed.

Max enchant should be +12 on weapons and +6 on armor and jewels, with +4 being safe on weapons. ( Enchanting should be much more difficult to balance this out )

Skill enchant rate should be way more difficult, and bogs should have less drop-rate.

Self buffs should no longer count as buff slots, to encourage class diversity.

Chant of Victory / Magnus should be removed from NPC buffer, to encourage people to play Warcryer's.

 

I do think some of these changes would make the server much more enjoyable and playable after 3 months of the server being up, especially for newcomers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 hours ago, f2B said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I like your sugestions.I would go even further.Epics should be shadow items nontradable and nonenchantable.The only real epics that dont expire should be drops from epics.Also weapons and gear that go over +4 should be considered "personalized" and made nontradable.

People will need choose what want more shadow epics or enchanted tts for m def.Tattos should be removed to compensate this.And also there is possibilty for people to buy real epics but will be for rich guys,or for lucky ones from raids.

Strange machine should give just a small additive bonus like 10% percent max.Max enchant rate shouldnt be more than 75%.Minimum shouldnt be less than 60%.Enchanting skills should be let default or just a small additive bonus from strange machine like 10-20% max.95% for every +1 is silly.

And about warcryer in theory sounds nice but for cov players can make ol too.And i hate to see ol zerg.I hope emerald learned his lesson about ols.I told this like 3 seasons ago what impact can have an ol zerg inside a big ally and people saw it.

 

 

Edited by Agent
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0