Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agent

New respawn system and more town maps.

12 posts in this topic

I would like to suggest a new respawn system.I dont think spawn guards are really necesarry in most maps and their presence affects the balance between classes such melees vs rangers.I think old system was much better wich allowed great maps for pvps and spawnguards werent needed.I dont know why this heavy spawnguards  with 1 point for respawn was implemented,my quess is because of aoe party for camp spawn.

So here is my suggestions:

-remove spawn guards from tvt maps

-implement more town maps,this were best maps for general pvp

-and to prevent spawnkill just give imortality(some kind of celestial buff) after respawn like 20 sec(random example) but if a skill is used this cele should be gone.U can call it respawn celestial and best to describe it is later celestial from older chronicles where this kind of celestial dissapear after any skill used.This allows u to escape and prevent spawn camping.Also prevents the respawned player to kill players while in cele mode.

-implement multiple spawn points instead and dont mix them,let this spawn points be specific for reds and for greens,to prevent being killed from behind and being caught in the middle.

Edited by Agent
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we shall not forget the classical phases tho, like "who is agent 002?", "use slow", "yamada <=> b1tch" and similars. Last but not less important the classical emotes :C or C: 

anyway sorry for having this little nostalgia moment just to say that i miss u bunch of l2 addict noobs

to all friends and also to all people who used to play past seasons and are not playing now, i hope u come back and we meet in a future season. cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lesley said:

we shall not forget the classical phases tho, like "who is agent 002?", "use slow", "yamada <=> b1tch" and similars. Last but not less important the classical emotes :C or C: 

anyway sorry for having this little nostalgia moment just to say that i miss u bunch of l2 addict noobs

to all friends and also to all people who used to play past seasons and are not playing now, i hope u come back and we meet in a future season. cheers

The quote was "use deflect" towards frymealive or whatever his name.He was funny paladin taking 2k+ damage from archers.Another quote was "change sub" towards some tyrant who killed me once forgot class and he initiated this epic sentence.But what he initiated was his trademark that i used against him after :) everytime he died.

 

Edited by Agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lesley said:

we shall not forget the classical phases tho, like "who is agent 002?", "use slow", "yamada <=> b1tch" and similars. Last but not less important the classical emotes :C or C: 

anyway sorry for having this little nostalgia moment just to say that i miss u bunch of l2 addict noobs

to all friends and also to all people who used to play past seasons and are not playing now, i hope u come back and we meet in a future season. cheers

Just rejoin! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

-remove spawn guards from tvt maps

-implement more town maps,this were best maps for general pvp

-and to prevent spawnkill just give imortality(some kind of celestial buff) after respawn like 20 sec(random example) but if a skill is used this cele should be gone.U can call it respawn celestial and best to describe it is later celestial from older chronicles where this kind of celestial dissapear after any skill used.This allows u to escape and prevent spawn camping.Also prevents the respawned player to kill players while in cele mode.

-implement multiple spawn points instead and dont mix them,let this spawn points be specific for reds and for greens,to prevent being killed from behind and being caught in the middle.

 

- Mention which TvT map has spawnguards, I don't recall any unless its some big map and spawnguards are suitable.

- All towns are already used for maps, you probably meant to create more town TvTs, something which I already answered before why I wouldn't do it.

- There's already a 10 seconds spawn protection.

- Most of the maps are not big enough to create more than 8 spawn points max, seperating them to factions will cause players to learn these spawnpoints evantually and know where to camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emerald said:

- Mention which TvT map has spawnguards, I don't recall any unless its some big map and spawnguards are suitable.

- All towns are already used for maps, you probably meant to create more town TvTs, something which I already answered before why I wouldn't do it.

- There's already a 10 seconds spawn protection.

- Most of the maps are not big enough to create more than 8 spawn points max, seperating them to factions will cause players to learn these spawnpoints evantually and know where to camp.

10 seconds spawn protection is off once they move.My ideea is to allow movement during this spawn protection,wich makes spawn guards not needed.U could also maybe increase movement speed to 250,but once they use a skill this protection to be off.My point is that small maps and spawn guards are not compatible because distance from any point in map till spawn zone is short and people preffer running there to be safe.And offen is range vs range situations where melee just watch this,and cant do nothing because 1 side is in spawn guards area and offen pvp take in this spawn guard points.Best examples for this maps are giran and gludin town.

And speaking of this 2 maps,i think both tvt version are with spawn guards,its very awkard pvp zerg vs zerg and not all over the place like it should be.Goddard,rune and oren are great and are perfect example how tvt map should be.But i dont see old towns such dion,talking village,classic giran wich were greatest.

Btw speaking about spawn guards,their purpose should be just for protecting spawned players to be camped or im wrong here?.And not refugee camp where players to run to feel safe after they engange in pvp.Thats why i made sugestion to remove spawn guards so people wont refugee and hide behind them.A protection respawn that i sugested should have same purpose again spawn kill but wont allow to refuge there for players after they are enganged in pvp.

Edited by Agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Agent said:

10 seconds spawn protection is off once they move.My ideea is to allow movement during this spawn protection,wich makes spawn guards not needed.U could also maybe increase movement speed to 250,but once they use a skill this protection to be off.My point is that small maps and spawn guards are not compatible because distance from any point in map till spawn zone is short and people preffer running there to be safe.And offen is range vs range situations where melee just watch this,and cant do nothing because 1 side is in spawn guards area and offen pvp take in this spawn guard points.Best examples for this maps are giran and gludin town.

And speaking of this 2 maps,i think both tvt version are with spawn guards,its very awkard pvp zerg vs zerg and not all over the place like it should be.Goddard,rune and oren are great and are perfect example how tvt map should be.But i dont see old towns such dion,talking village,classic giran wich were greatest.

Btw speaking about spawn guards,their purpose should be just for protecting spawned players to be camped or im wrong here?.And not refugee camp where players to run to feel safe after they engange in pvp.Thats why i made sugestion to remove spawn guards so people wont refugee and hide behind them.A protection respawn that i sugested should have same purpose again spawn kill but wont allow to refuge there for players after they are enganged in pvp.

In last week it is normal, that one unnamed clan with S+16 archers, OL bots and 2+ healers only spawn camp. Rest of faction (mostly newbies or low geared players) going for the objectives and they die and die and die = they are leaving server.

Edited by Eleanora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think pvp flow and class balance its more important than spawnguards and spawn zones.Sure it stops spawn camping but there can be alternative solutions for doing same thing no need for this spawnguards,1 example is what i sugested.This spawnguards can be abused big time and make it worse than campspawning.Sure its less issue when server is highly populated but it all depends of how many abusers server has,percentage wise it rase with population drop.

Maybee more types of maps need this spawnguards removed beside tvt,1 type i can think of is forts.This are smallest maps i see offen more players run from less players into spawn guards.What melees can do in this type of scenarios beside looking?Wasnt forts suposed to be more melee friendly?

Edited by Agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 days + and still haven't played on Dion/Giran TVT map type. I play for 2-3h per day and it's like 95% of the time Fortress/Flag type of map. Random greeks simply prefer to vote for some lame sh1t so they can take flags/capture for 3-4 adena, instead of doing actual pvp in a pvp server.
Anyway, Fortress maps are good for pvp only if players could realize that it's better and in their own benefit if they chose to focus on pvp instead of capturing.
 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0