Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PePeR

Extra currency?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I think there should be an independent currency, which you could only get by winning in events and it would not be tradeable/sellable etc... and every S grade item would cost that currency... and enchanting items would consume that currency.. which means every try of getting progressed would cost you this currency. and the only way to get that currency is to actually win events...

This way you could limit the early S grades, 16+ weapons and could delay the progress...

The only thinking it would require is to match the proper numbers with certain actions. How much would cost enchanting a weapon... buying a weapon, buying armor etc... winning events etc...

Even if you have a lot of adenas and u dont do objectives u can't buy anything.... this would actually force people to try to win events, now they do PvP because adena is the only thing they need to progress... and everything else can be bought by adena... 

that's why we need something that can't be acquired by more adena.

This also would make people try and play more classes, for example if they have a lot of money and cant still get items they want cause they have no currency they would go other class and buy some A grades for them because they can afford it.

lets be claer what would cost (decrease) your extra currency value:

enchanting armors/weapons/jewels (A and S grade)

enchanting skills

buying S grade

The only way to get the currency would be:

Win an event ( for example 100 points)

and I've been thinking about giving a 1 point per minute playing in an event.

You can always tweak the numbers but the ratio must be pretty solid, so that for playing an event you wouldn't get more than 30% of as you woudl win the event.

PROS

+ forces people to make objectives instead of AoE Fiesta

+ now there is no big difference between lose and win. And this is gonna change it. (People would like to actually win more 

+ Slows the progress (depends on the numbers for certain actions)

+ You won't be able to cheat the system (this currency is not tradeable)

+ Might actually change the gameplay of the server. Everyone playing mages might be not the key to the victory. 

+ It will actually allow newcomers to catch up to others faster.

For example you might give a newbie buff that gives 2x points or similiar buffs, and this way they could get faster items in a way ( they would still need adenas and other items though)

CONS

- Limits the player progress

- people will QQ they can't get S grade first weekend cause they have no points and they can't afford em.

- Player would have to make decisions if they want S grade weapons or armors or jewels first, because (I hope) S grades will cost a lot of damn points.

I think it's good idea :) if it Passes the exams I want to call the currency "PePeRons" Kappa123 

Waiting for Emerald's reply about it

PS: I've been thinking about it quite a long time, and I can't think of a scenario it would be bad to implement such a thing. I know thought it will require a lot of coding and at least 1 season of testing, but I think it might be very good kind of idea of limitation.

You know as a developer you expect from a player to do let's say 100% in a 10 days, but now on this server there are people that do 300-400% in 10 days, that's why newbies have no chance... and this currency is kind of preventing them from doing that.

The only bad thing is that if they do 100% in 3 days what would they do in the left 7 days? well the point is they can't get 100% because it means they would have to be playing all the time, ebcause they get the rewards for the winning the events.

Anyway waiting for some good discussion, and please Emerald don't say We don't need that I already did XXX and it will fix it, because I'm 90% sure it won't. Just think deeply about that, because it might be the thing this servers needs. Peace out

2 people like this

58 minutes ago, PePeR said:

Hi, 

I think there should be an independent currency, which you could only get by winning in events and it would not be tradeable/sellable etc... and every S grade item would cost that currency... and enchanting items would consume that currency.. which means every try of getting progressed would cost you this currency. and the only way to get that currency is to actually win events...

This way you could limit the early S grades, 16+ weapons and could delay the progress...

The only thinking it would require is to match the proper numbers with certain actions. How much would cost enchanting a weapon... buying a weapon, buying armor etc... winning events etc...

Even if you have a lot of adenas and u dont do objectives u can't buy anything.... this would actually force people to try to win events, now they do PvP because adena is the only thing they need to progress... and everything else can be bought by adena... 

that's why we need something that can't be acquired by more adena.

This also would make people try and play more classes, for example if they have a lot of money and cant still get items they want cause they have no currency they would go other class and buy some A grades for them because they can afford it.

lets be claer what would cost (decrease) your extra currency value:

enchanting armors/weapons/jewels (A and S grade)

enchanting skills

buying S grade

The only way to get the currency would be:

Win an event ( for example 100 points)

and I've been thinking about giving a 1 point per minute playing in an event.

You can always tweak the numbers but the ratio must be pretty solid, so that for playing an event you wouldn't get more than 30% of as you woudl win the event.

PROS

+ forces people to make objectives instead of AoE Fiesta

+ now there is no big difference between lose and win. And this is gonna change it. (People would like to actually win more 

+ Slows the progress (depends on the numbers for certain actions)

+ You won't be able to cheat the system (this currency is not tradeable)

+ Might actually change the gameplay of the server. Everyone playing mages might be not the key to the victory. 

+ It will actually allow newcomers to catch up to others faster.

For example you might give a newbie buff that gives 2x points or similiar buffs, and this way they could get faster items in a way ( they would still need adenas and other items though)

CONS

- Limits the player progress

- people will QQ they can't get S grade first weekend cause they have no points and they can't afford em.

- Player would have to make decisions if they want S grade weapons or armors or jewels first, because (I hope) S grades will cost a lot of damn points.

I think it's good idea :) if it Passes the exams I want to call the currency "PePeRons" Kappa123 

Waiting for Emerald's reply about it

PS: I've been thinking about it quite a long time, and I can't think of a scenario it would be bad to implement such a thing. I know thought it will require a lot of coding and at least 1 season of testing, but I think it might be very good kind of idea of limitation.

You know as a developer you expect from a player to do let's say 100% in a 10 days, but now on this server there are people that do 300-400% in 10 days, that's why newbies have no chance... and this currency is kind of preventing them from doing that.

The only bad thing is that if they do 100% in 3 days what would they do in the left 7 days? well the point is they can't get 100% because it means they would have to be playing all the time, ebcause they get the rewards for the winning the events.

Anyway waiting for some good discussion, and please Emerald don't say We don't need that I already did XXX and it will fix it, because I'm 90% sure it won't. Just think deeply about that, because it might be the thing this servers needs. Peace out

Agree

I agree to a certain extent.

For enchanting we could still have golems (maybe harder to get than now?)

But I thought too about having some new currency from winning events and going for objectives (you may tryhard an event and still lose it because your team wont cooperate, and that doesnt mean you deserve nothing imo) that could be necessary for crafting.

Should they be tradeable? I think they should be like Quest Items so that each one has to work for their points and not having a group of people rushing to buy S grade to a single player to get the advantage on the first days.

Anyways I think it is a good topic to discuss and I hope it leads to an improvement for next season. 

I do not agree, new people or novices or people who play alone when entering the server will make it much more difficult than now to be able to progress, therefore, it is unfavorable.

all the servers (gve-faction) its base is pvp, pvp = adena is how it works, the events are to provide another game mode, and so that it is not repetitive and boring.

6 minutes ago, metallica said:

I do not agree, new people or novices or people who play alone when entering the server will make it much more difficult than now to be able to progress, therefore, it is unfavorable.

all the servers (gve-faction) its base is pvp, pvp = adena is how it works, the events are to provide another game mode, and so that it is not repetitive and boring.

You are wrong.. in gve u needed adena for items yes, but for S grade the system was optaining primaveral crystals and this dont was tradeable, So after 6k kill u was starting to take crystal, and then when u had all those crystals and adenas and medals u get S grade, was the best way. U should make items enchantable by kill too, cuz a lot players leave when all his enchants fail, i know a lot ppl who leaved for this reason.. put how it was in old faction sv, 60 kill for +1 enchant in B, 150 for +1 in A, 800 or 1000 for S.. so new ppl can get +++ weapon faster and ppl with S cost more make a difference. A new player with 1500kill can have +10 weapon and fight an S grade that who did too 1500 kill but just enchanted +1 or +2 S grade, there is a balance. Well.. its my idea, but i Agree the peper idea too.

PD: Sorry for my english i know its bad.

16 minutes ago, DoctorStrange said:

You are wrong.. in gve u needed adena for items yes, but for S grade the system was optaining primaveral crystals and this dont was tradeable, So after 6k kill u was starting to take crystal, and then when u had all those crystals and adenas and medals u get S grade, was the best way. U should make items enchantable by kill too, cuz a lot players leave when all his enchants fail, i know a lot ppl who leaved for this reason.. put how it was in old faction sv, 60 kill for +1 enchant in B, 150 for +1 in A, 800 or 1000 for S.. so new ppl can get +++ weapon faster and ppl with S cost more make a difference. A new player with 1500kill can have +10 weapon and fight an S grade that who did too 1500 kill but just enchanted +1 or +2 S grade, there is a balance. Well.. its my idea, but i Agree the peper idea too.

PD: Sorry for my english i know its bad.

maybe you talked about a gve 8 years ago
Do you think that a new player will have 1.5k of pvp in front of an old player?...

could be the system (enchant x pvp) but we are in it.

think that if there are donors, keep the server, but none would like to be denied your articles S.

but this would be suitable for the donors, full item of the first day, how many pvp would they do? 800-1k? Would he have his weapon + 5 + 6, while qualification b would have weapons + 4 + 5?

it makes sense, put a limit to get the "S" ... but always will be those who play in cp-clan-bp all the time those who get it, so there will never be a balance for a nobb or new player.

and place a system where you only get items if you win events ... then we would have to be lucky to enter the faction, where the Cp clan or the professional players are organized ... remember that there is always 1 faction that earns more than the other

Edited by metallica

I already suggested this twice recently. See the double kill triple kill post. 

Your suggestion may be great or terrible. Even if Emerald implements that, the outcome won't change. So, let me repeat myself once more because you are obviously missing the MAIN point. Every season, people start suggesting things for the new season, and when the new season comes and they get exactly what they had asked for, then they (most of them) play for 1-2 weeks and leave asking for a new season. Most of the nicknames I read posting suggestions are people who haven't played the server for a long time or quit after ~ a week in every season. So, let me suggest something else. Create a group and gather every single ape who cries in a server's forum about everything or quits after a very short period of time for various reasons (weapon failed to be enchanted, donated too much but eventually people caught up and couldn't do shit anymore, didn't like the features and sooooooooooo on) and go have some group therapy sessions. Only when you complete that part, a server can stay alive successfully. Any other solution has brought up the same result over and over again.

If you're waiting for discussion then its moved to the discussion section.

I already mentioned in 3 recent topics regarding items that there are going to be changes regarding items, there are MANY things to do before I even consider adding yet another item to the game - but its nice you are 90% sure nothing else but your ideas would solve the problem.

Edit: PePeR, I'd really suggest a guy so experienced as you to open your own server, locked - you're nowhere in the position to start asking me on each and every change I make (or about to make) to send you the full details of my plans so you can give (or better say, force) me your ideas and say what I should or shouldn't be doing and go crazy if I don't go your way.