Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saintly

Better rewards for obj.

21 posts in this topic

At the moment no matter what the event is the overwhelming majority is just running around like headless chickens chasing frags/trying to maintain a high k/d,and that ok rly.
What's not ok at all, is those of us who are working our ass off trying to win, ruining our K/D getting far less rewards.

The top players atm get an extra box of luck, hoorah, who doesn't want 5 primeval crystals when those who chase frags will get a box also + a crap-top of loot from kills.

So what i'm suggesting is slightly increase the winning award & give it only to those who contributed or greatly increase the rewards for the players at the top of the scoreboard.

2 people like this

I'm for that, but it's hard to tell the nature/amount of the reward. Too much means "one sided season" in the mind of the losing side, because of the snowball effect, which can be real sometimes. Meaning people emo quiting.
Wrong or right, they do leave. And leaving is a damn certain snowball effect.

I'm maybe exaggerating, since Emerald changed it for the Top five players.
Atm the reward is that you can win territories for you whole faction by winning maps, which is far from bad. But remains the problem that you pay your taxes and others don't, in your mind =p
Maybe Emerald would consider giving a lot more boxes of luck to the whole Top 10 ?

10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, 8 for 3rd, etc. I'm maybe exaggerating again =p

Edited by Canou
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Canou said:

I'm for that, but it's hard to tell the nature/amount of the reward. Too much means "one sided season" in the mind of the losing side, because of the snowball effect, which can be real sometimes. Meaning people emo quiting.
Wrong or right, they do leave. And leaving is a damn certain snowball effect.

I'm maybe exaggerating, since Emerald changed it for the Top five players.
Atm the reward is that you can win territories for you whole faction by winning maps, which is far from bad. But remains the problem that you pay your taxes and others don't, in your mind =p
Maybe Emerald would consider giving a lot more boxes of luck to the whole Top 10 ?

10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, 8 for 3rd, etc. I'm maybe exaggerating again =p

that actually isn't too bad of an idea, but 10 seems kinda of high. maybe tone it down to something like 5 boxes for 1st, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and the rest get 1

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JohnnieWalker said:

that actually isn't too bad of an idea, but 10 seems kinda of high. maybe tone it down to something like 5 boxes for 1st, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and the rest get 1

Well, that ain't a bad idea at all, it will more or less balance the average gains/profit between obj pushing / plain fragging.

2 hours ago, Saintly said:

At the moment no matter what the event is the overwhelming majority is just running around like headless chickens chasing frags/trying to maintain a high k/d,and that ok rly.
What's not ok at all, is those of us who are working our ass off trying to win, ruining our K/D getting far less rewards.

The top players atm get an extra box of luck, hoorah, who doesn't want 5 primeval crystals when those who chase frags will get a box also + a crap-top of loot from kills.

So what i'm suggesting is slightly increase the winning award & give it only to those who contributed or greatly increase the rewards for the players at the top of the scoreboard.

Let me ask you a question, which i asked dozens of time the random greeks, yet all they did was to insult.
From which thing you will earn more on Fortress/CTF map type - doing pvp for 30 minutes or praying like some idiot to a statue only to get some 3 adena and shorten the map to 5 minutes ?
I'm not playing this server to capture flags or some other meaningless sh1t, i'm playing to stab the shit out of randoms and make them qq. After all, it's an pvp faction server, but as you can see, some guys are taking it too hard and play 10h+ per day spoiling people.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Redman said:

Let me ask you a question, which i asked dozens of time the random greeks, yet all they did was to insult.
From which thing you will earn more on Fortress/CTF map type - doing pvp for 30 minutes or praying like some idiot to a statue only to get some 3 adena and shorten the map to 5 minutes ?

A single golem stone/BEWS as drop from PvP >>> Obj  even if you are the only one capturing atm value wise.
Here's your answer without any insults. I wonder why would anyone insult you tho. :poker:

4 hours ago, Redman said:

I'm not playing this server to capture flags or some other meaningless sh1t, i'm playing to stab the shit out of randoms and make them qq. After all, it's an pvp faction server, but as you can see, some guys are taking it too hard and play 10h+ per day spoiling people.

I'm not going to tell you what to do since neither i have the right to, neither i rly care, but ill just drop a suggestion and do wherever you want with it.
Wouldn't an actual PvP server fit your needs/way of playing better over a faction server with and i quote "meaningless shit" & "guys that are taking it too hard"?

I'd say again how pointless it is to call others random when one is a "self-proclaimed" factor...
But on the other hand, i can start a conversation with a wall about what’s the best TV show of all time and believe it or not i'd rather do the latest.

11 hours ago, Redman said:

There are not only DDs in event.. and extra loot/rewards would give a lot of help to new comers.

7 hours ago, Saintly said:

A single golem stone/BEWS as drop from PvP >>> Obj  even if you are the only one capturing atm value wise.
Here's your answer without any insults. I wonder why would anyone insult you tho. :poker:

I'm not going to tell you what to do since neither i have the right to, neither i rly care, but ill just drop a suggestion and do wherever you want with it.
Wouldn't an actual PvP server fit your needs/way of playing better over a faction server with and i quote "meaningless shit" & "guys that are taking it too hard"?

I'd say again how pointless it is to call others random when one is a "self-proclaimed" factor...
But on the other hand, i can start a conversation with a wall about what’s the best TV show of all time and believe it or not i'd rather do the latest.

I'm playing here because it suits my needs, it's ideal for solo players, you can log in for 1-2h per day without the need of an CP and do almost non stop pvp all the time. I stopped playing low/mids years ago, got invited in OVC by a friend and never searched for other PVP server.
Just because there is an map objective, it doesn't mean i should play by it if it's not my liking. I know most of the map types are made for variety but i prefer to focus on PVP, not to take flags, capture fortress or kill kings. It's like going for a run outside and you choose to go through the woods instead on the pathway.

About the random thing, it's not pointless when it affects emotionally most of them, as you can clearly see that by the chat and their actions. It's called flaming. It's fun to be targeted and chased all around the map by some guys who at the end fail miserably because they are below your skills and start to insult you and act unreasonably.
Anyway, the truth is 99% of them are really lame randoms, you can tell it by the way they play. 

I'm not going to add anymore rewards to the game, I don't even understand how can people keep suggesting to add more and more rewards, people are going around with dozens pieces of every item, selling / buying items is completely worthless, and this is going to change, but not this season since its too late for me to start removing rewards.

You can be sure next season you wont see people selling bogs/LS for 1 adena, each and every item is going to be important and hard to get, and yes, most of the items you will get only through event goals - players will give strictly nothing besides of exp/sp/adena, and i'll make sure to finally kill the AoE festival that currently going on.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I'm not going to add anymore rewards to the game, I don't even understand how can people keep suggesting to add more and more rewards, people are going around with dozens pieces of every item, selling / buying items is completely worthless, and this is going to change, but not this season since its too late for me to start removing rewards.

You can be sure next season you wont see people selling bogs/LS for 1 adena, each and every item is going to be important and hard to get, and yes, most of the items you will get only through event goals - players will give strictly nothing besides of exp/sp/adena, and i'll make sure to finally kill the AoE festival that currently going on.

Hoorah! That's better than what i was expecting to be honest.

Thanks for the reply & info Emerald. ^^

On 8/11/2017 at 8:11 AM, Emerald said:

One thing to say, if you eliminate all the drop (ls-enchants-bog-mats-etc) ..... you have to concentrate on what will be the drop of adena ... because if you eliminate all this, and the drop of Adena is still the same, this will be hell

Just now, metallica said:

One thing to say, if you eliminate all the drop (ls-enchants-bog-mats-etc) ..... you have to concentrate on what will be the drop of adena ... because if you eliminate all this, and the drop of Adena is still the same, this will be hell

Everything will be listed once the time is right.

Why dont you keep it simple for the next season : siege the castle , seal the the city...w/o those routine events, maybe some events made by GM : korean type , hide and seek...or w/e event makes ppl have fun . Ppl need to see that GM's are online not just to complete donations and ban players.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, ImmunE said:

Why dont you keep it simple for the next season : siege the castle , seal the the city...w/o those routine events, maybe some events made by GM : korean type , hide and seek...or w/e event makes ppl have fun . Ppl need to see that GM's are online not just to complete donations and ban players.

Very good idea 

5 hours ago, Zeff said:

Said the guy with 2 posts on the forum... you must be really participating in the server's life...

2 hours ago, PePeR said:

Said the guy with 2 posts on the forum... you must be really participating in the server's life...

2 hours ago, PePeR said:

Thank you for the heads up ...ill post some sh1t everyday until ill get 402 post in a year from now, to make a big  difference in the server life...

the server is like this for more than a year and you are coming here and typing one post to completely remove the system and you think someone will take you seriously? you're shit posting here not me... and if you don't know what you've typed read it again or learn english if u don't know what you type...

1 hour ago, PePeR said:

the server is like this for more than a year and you are coming here and typing one post to completely remove the system and you think someone will take you seriously? you're shit posting here not me... and if you don't know what you've typed read it again or learn english if u don't know what you type...

....and its working just fine. Server activity tells me something different.

About my english...i know it sucks. It was a irony about your post count.

4 hours ago, ImmunE said:

...and its working just fine. Server activity tells me something different.

as you can see this seeason was first IL season since long time and as u can tell the system had nothing to do with it, because there were many good seasons here better and worse... the problem was with the progress... items selling for 1a on the market and +16 weapons in 1 week isnt something cool... that's why I am with Luffy about what he said about golem... this gives too much boost... or maybe I think it is too good, because the drop rate was high...