Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haruspex

Newcomer's question

48 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Star64 said:

Server would last longer if it was more team focused.

• Events are clown fiesta, people running in circles and killing people who can't buff properly: mages dominate early on with magnus+zerk and kill every nerd that has a 78 buff with speed penalty. After a few events it becomes dull and boring.
  • At some point we had 04.00 am sieges for EU people, fuck sake.
  • If you're playing a support you're shafted. Why would you play SWS/BD/PP/WC or whatever? there's no reason to play any of them cause even rebuff mechanic is gimped, cancels last for 4 seconds and even so people cry about it.
  • When you play BP you can even read people calling you a noob, 2v1 and whatever shit they can imagine.

So, no clans, no supports, no team play, you're left with nukers, daggers and archers: that is 2-4 out of 9 slots in any retail constant party. Therefore you're left with: F1 spammers/grasshoppers that jump from server to server/retarded kids like luffy. Do you expect a season to last longer than 10 days with this kind of people?

Me, personally, i would only play this server when either Rio, Tamas, etc would play.

It's not that I disagree with your arguments, however, you are talking about retail setups on the forums of a PvP faction server. Tbh, I would be ashamed to even form a constant party to play here. It would simply make it way too easy and people would quit even faster. If I had the time to fap around all day long with a cp, I'd definitely be playing more 'serious' servers vs actual enemies and not talents who are bragging in OVC's chat about how amazing they are. The mechanics and the features of this server are perfect, it has been designed amazingly well for people who enjoy pvp (not for people who want to form cp parties and run around with 20 archers, bps, tanks and so on). I think you need to set your facts straight and realize that low, mid, high rates will always have different play style. High rates are servers for total noobs or veterans who don't have time to play low/mid rates anymore. You can't expect to see serious clan gaming here other than pretty basic stuff. The only people who try to form something in faction servers and run around with serious setups are the ones who are always getting stomped in any other server they play. Regarding ovc, it's an extremely relaxing and enjoyable server as long as you have in mind that you are here to pvp vs all and have some fun. If you expect to gather a group of people to join it, well, then that's awkward.

2 people like this

But if u look it up, H5 season lasted almost a month, cuz it had a very nice progressive gameplay. What u have here in tetrislude? You make S grade in 5 days, then pvp for 1 week and just leave the server cuz its boring as fuck, and super easy to achieve anything. At least on h5 u had  to work for endgame gear, if u wanted max element elegia/vorpal, ++++ weapons and so on. But some noobs cant use more than F1-2-3 thats why ppl dont have other season than this tetrislude

7 hours ago, Mayhem said:

If you expect to gather a group of people to join it, well, then that's awkward.

I would disagree witht his statement we had 7-8 ppl in our group/clan and without bragging we dominated most of the season with our archer set up, ppl who actually knows what they are doing can put up a good fight, not liek these clowns that spamming F1 for no reason. And on H5 there were a few pretty strong groups beside us and the pvp was super fun. Now is it's jus tthe same boring gameplay log in--->s grade in feew days-->pvp a week---->get bored-->quit.

7 minutes ago, Soulka said:

You make S grade in 5 days

Stopped reading after that phrase. Maybe we've been playing in different servers or you haven't played ovc at all. Or maybe by getting S grade in 5 days u mean donating 200 euro + farming non stop 5 days to get an AM? Idk which one you prefer, however, personally, I got S wpn after 10 days and almost completed my gear after the 20th day. Still, I haven't completed all the gear I want since I haven't got the augments I need. So, the only way to be FULL GEARED which means S grade armors/ Wpns / Epics / Augments / Skills + and not in just 1 class (I have to explain that because you obviously think that making full gear is getting just an S grade weapon) you need much more than a month unless you donate or people who quit give you their items or literally play 24/7 without having grasped a single second of sleep for almost a month. So, before typing anything more, play the server first, get an ACTUAL FULL GEARED character and then let me know about it. I'm sick of you talents who get dc set +0 and am +3 and then spamming about being full geared in a week. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Soulka said:

I would disagree witht his statement we had 7-8 ppl in our group/clan and without bragging we dominated most of the season with our archer set up

Ok, now I'm sure we've been playing on different servers. Who are you? That soulka nick has never existed or I haven't even noticed it for 3 seasons now. No archer setup has dominated something in this season so far.

Well, even tho i'm happy enough with IL, i cant say i miss some QoL changes/features from later chronicles.
Most noticeable being 4th hotbar, hotkeys, cert skills & overall balance that makes more classes playable.

About F1/F2 spammers, well, doubt it'll change much, instead of mages/archers ppl will use kamaels/ST/Pala instead.

17 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Ok, now I'm sure we've been playing on different servers. Who are you? That soulka nick has never existed or I haven't even noticed it for 3 seasons now. No archer setup has dominated something in this season so far.

i am not speakign about tetrislude but h5, and i was playing on diff nick, maybe u are new on ovc. And yes previous IL season i had drac set in 5-6  days without donating, and it was super easy lol.

16 minutes ago, Soulka said:

i am not speakign about tetrislude but h5, and i was playing on diff nick, maybe u are new on ovc. And yes previous IL season i had drac set in 5-6  days without donating, and it was super easy lol.

You just said that in previous IL season (which launched in July) you had drac set in 5-6 days. Yet, noone had drac set in 5-6 days and the first drac set I saw was after the 12th day. So, tell us the actual name of the server where you got that set because ovc wasn't the one. Still, who the fuck would waste adena to get draconic set instead of weapons or epics? Seriously, just stop posting non sense. I doubt you've ever played this server more than 2 days but alright. Regarding the me being new here. I've played here for 3 seasons, tried every possible setups to farm more adena always being in top list as well as  setting buy/sell shops and still max adena I had first week with all the things I mentioned before was 55k + and that's because it's me. Only a bunch of players which I know playing here can do that. You are not one of them. So, for one more time, either you have never played ovc more than 2 days and quit with b grade gear or got a loan from your local bank to make those super easy things you are talking about. If you've tried any other way, you would know that getting fully geared in ovc isn't easy at all and takes much time. Also, even if your delusional draconic set was so easy in 5-6 days, maybe you forgot about getting a full epic jewels set and enchanting it to +7/8 , getting a wpn to +10/14 and so on. If your goal is to join a server and consider yourself full geared in drac set +0, peril and black ore then I'm surprised with myself that I keep replying to you. What are you going to post next? Are dinosaurs still alive? 

Edited by Mayhem

Why reaching endgame gear makes the season boring as fuck ? How much time do you think a normal person with social life/uni/work etc. have to spend in a 14 y old game so he can compete against the others ? Thats why every single low/mid rate fails so miserably now, because we have those guys who play 10h+ per day and reach Full end game gear in 1-2 weeks and leave because of "no competition" while the ones who play this game for 2-3h progress slowly and eventually end up the only ones left in the server. It's an ancient game, where most of the good players know everything about it, so there ain't something new to find or achieve.
Reaching full gear before others means that you would not have fun anymore ? Why can't you spend less time in game and progress slower as others and eventually end up at the same level gear wise ? Or even if you invest more time and get your gear faster why can't you enjoy the game and wait couple of days/weeks so the others can reach you ?
What difference does it make if you need 2 weeks to farm full S in IL while others need 3+, or if you need 3 weeks to farm 2-3 sets more, some talismans and sh1t in H5, while the others need 2-3 weeks more ? In IL at least you can compete against others with inferior gear, which isn't the case in H5. Wasn't the gear difference the reason that H5 ended up empty after 25 days ?
I'm not saying IL is more or equal complex as H5, but it's a lot more than F1-F2, but most of the noobs playing can't realize that, thats why you have players who die 20-30 times per map and mages/archers/daggers with 6k deaths.
The thing that i agree with you Soulka guy is on the level of the community here. They cry all the time about "balance", nerf this, nerf that, without the real knowledge how the certain class ever worked, crying non stop about someone "running" from them, yet they die from the "running" guy all the time and fail to kill a dagger in IL while they have 100% cancel and shit. I skipped the H5 season but i can only imagine playing a dagger with all the H5 features how much more they would qq.

So at the end, the biggest significance is the community of the server followed by the server files. Even if Emerald had better H5 files, the result could be the same, because the players are lame and random as fuk.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Stopped reading after that phrase. Maybe we've been playing in different servers or you haven't played ovc at all. Or maybe by getting S grade in 5 days u mean donating 200 euro + farming non stop 5 days to get an AM? Idk which one you prefer, however, personally, I got S wpn after 10 days and almost completed my gear after the 20th day. Still, I haven't completed all the gear I want since I haven't got the augments I need. So, the only way to be FULL GEARED which means S grade armors/ Wpns / Epics / Augments / Skills + and not in just 1 class (I have to explain that because you obviously think that making full gear is getting just an S grade weapon) you need much more than a month unless you donate or people who quit give you their items or literally play 24/7 without having grasped a single second of sleep for almost a month. So, before typing anything more, play the server first, get an ACTUAL FULL GEARED character and then let me know about it. I'm sick of you talents who get dc set +0 and am +3 and then spamming about being full geared in a week. 

last season i had am +7 in the first 5 days so its not a lie

2 minutes ago, detro said:

last season i had am +7 in the first 5 days so its not a lie

max adena I had first week with all the things I mentioned before was 55k +

Well done. 

What about that?  OE S grade armors/ Wpns / 5/5 Epics / Augments / Skills + and not in just 1 class. Let me guess. You needed 2 days more?

Alright.. After spending 48h within server(with breaks).. I can say.. That  this faction server is worst I know . 

Lets be straight to problems. 

extra master skills are not even needed.. New player can't catch party members. even with wind walk + song + berserk.  
Damage output same case.. My  archer sagitarius  shooted to AFK mage for ~3min. And nothing.  So how I  have to kill someone in fight??

That Mage back to game, turns to my poor archer. 1 hit> GG

Picked Cardinal > healed warlord, gladiator mages archers. In any cases. Even I spam Greater Battle heal, they died within moment.  Or my cardinal died from 1 slap.. 

I played lineage 2   pvp servers.. But this is first server where you can see such nonsense/crap/madness. 

2 hours ago, WhiteMist said:

Alright.. After spending 48h within server(with breaks).. I can say.. That  this faction server is worst I know . 

Lets be straight to problems. 

extra master skills are not even needed.. New player can't catch party members. even with wind walk + song + berserk.  
Damage output same case.. My  archer sagitarius  shooted to AFK mage for ~3min. And nothing.  So how I  have to kill someone in fight??

That Mage back to game, turns to my poor archer. 1 hit> GG

Picked Cardinal > healed warlord, gladiator mages archers. In any cases. Even I spam Greater Battle heal, they died within moment.  Or my cardinal died from 1 slap.. 

I played lineage 2   pvp servers.. But this is first server where you can see such nonsense/crap/madness. 

I played on the good old RvB alot, here not so much, just here to read some comments

I think this whole concept of the server should be repacked...

You should be able to get adena from farming mobs, and not like 1/100 chance for droppin max 3-4 adena(dont know the current mob farm, I dont play) BTW this would be a big help for late comers to get gear.

But make pvp system more rewardable than pve, if you cant keep up with op (overenchanted) oponents, just go pve

Make skill ench pvp reward only (i mean bogs/codex) for like blank scroll (maybe 1blank scrl for every 5 kill)

Same with aug

seen some servers IL wich can offer more then h5 content thinking of items.. make custom (hella boring for farming for the same time and time again for 8+ years)

Boost the fucking hell up BD SWS 

OR delete some dances/songs from the buffer, same with prophecy/CoV/etc

Hell maybe even put all mobs back and be like a normal server, but with 2sides

18 hours ago, Mayhem said:

The mechanics and the features of this server are perfect, it has been designed amazingly well for people who enjoy pvp (not for people who want to form cp parties and run around with 20 archers, bps, tanks and so on). I think you need to set your facts straight and realize that low, mid, high rates will always have different play style. High rates are servers for total noobs or veterans who don't have time to play low/mid rates anymore. 

I can't play half of the classes here, how is that amazingly well designed? You can call it noob-friendly but not well designed when all debuffs last 1-2 seconds and buffs last 20hours.

18 hours ago, Mayhem said:

The only people who try to form something in faction servers and run around with serious setups are the ones who are always getting stomped in any other server they play. Regarding ovc, it's an extremely relaxing and enjoyable server as long as you have in mind that you are here to pvp vs all and have some fun. If you expect to gather a group of people to join it, well, then that's awkward.

Why is it awkward? If i play a MMO is to play it with people.

By playing with people you have a more diversified server and you don't have to stick to the "mages=>archers/daggers" every season. For instance, i made an archer party work since day 1 during last H5 season.

Also, gearing up in l2ovc during the first days is easy, 5 days to pick up an AM seems slow compared to other seasons. If you get to that break-point you're jsut a money machine and can gear up a full party within days.

S-grade costs should go higher imo, or limit it at the beggining with some rank related stuff... 

4 minutes ago, Star64 said:

S-grade costs should go higher imo, or limit it at the beggining with some rank related stuff... 

Fuck me, what did I suggested to Eme...

Make it like b grd free,  a grd like 4k , sgrd like 300for weap, and 300k for armor (to have some progressive progression... geared ppl shold farm more for better gear, cus if u have agrd just a walk in the park till u get some s grd)

1 minute ago, KoSzOs said:

Fuck me, what did I suggested to Eme...

Make it like b grd free,  a grd like 4k , sgrd like 300for weap, and 300k for armor (to have some progressive progression... geared ppl shold farm more for better gear, cus if u have agrd just a walk in the park till u get some s grd)

Indeed, also another issue is that Bgrade vs S grade sux, while dynasty vs vesper.... you can play around it much better

2 minutes ago, Star64 said:

Indeed, also another issue is that Bgrade vs S grade sux, while dynasty vs vesper.... you can play around it much better

+1 

But IMO simple S grd vs Dynasty Vs morai would be like better take vesper out, but maybe dyna vs vesp can be better

Btw when i have a relative good idea usually eme says naaah its not woth it... well then i say its not worth to play here... and it is actually true... 

I think there is about 40 constant player, the other 200+ like oh new season, good the first 2 maybe 3 days will be fun but after that its just not worth it

9 hours ago, KoSzOs said:

Boost the fucking hell up BD SWS 

OR delete some dances/songs from the buffer, same with prophecy/CoV/etc

Buffing system on old rvb was really unique and awesome. Free unlimited self-buffs made bd/sws/tk etc playable. OTOH lack of CoV and some other buffs on the list caused huge disbalance between random solo players and stacked groups with ee/wc/pp.

BTW i recall that i was using key remappers when i played other IL servers to solve hotkey problems. Are they allowed here?

The thing is ppl are idiots, if they see something cost "too much" they simply wont play it, cuz its not easy to get. Ppl playing here cuz getting items are pretty easy, but when you wanna raise the cost of the items every1 going to bitch mode and come to the forum to cry omg Emerald it cost so much only nolifers will have it QQQQQQ. This is why u cant make a faction server hard nowadays.

On 11/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, detro said:

h5?

yeah everyone wait for that

too bad emerald wont open the h5 server again

u.U That's So Lovely. :x Is It Fo' REAL ? xD.

1 hour ago, Soulka said:

The thing is ppl are idiots, if they see something cost "too much" they simply wont play it, cuz its not easy to get. Ppl playing here cuz getting items are pretty easy, but when you wanna raise the cost of the items every1 going to bitch mode and come to the forum to cry omg Emerald it cost so much only nolifers will have it QQQQQQ. This is why u cant make a faction server hard nowadays.

it's not too easy either is it? 

1 hour ago, Soulka said:

I call It Balanced ^^'