Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lesley

Info

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So after this dagger nerf i would like to confirm how the focus buffs stats are working

I found this on retail 

Focus death: Critical -30%, Blow land rate +60%, Critical Damage from front -30%, Critical Damage from back +90% 

Focus chance: Critical Chance from front -30%, Critical Chance from side +30%,Critical Chance from back +60% 

Focus power: Critical Damage from front -30%, Critical Damage from side +30%, Critical Damage from back +60% 

Is it possible to do same scheme of how is it working in OVC atm? @Emerald @Ruby @Chevignon 

Edited by Lesley

6 hours ago, Lesley said:

So after this dagger nerf i would like to confirm how the focus buffs stats are working

I found this on retail 

Focus death: Critical -30%, Blow land rate +60%, Critical Damage from front -30%, Critical Damage from back +90% 

Focus chance: Critical Chance from front -30%, Critical Chance from side +30%,Critical Chance from back +60% 

Focus power: Critical Damage from front -30%, Critical Damage from side +30%, Critical Damage from back +60% 

Is it possible to do same scheme of how is it working in OVC atm? @Emerald @Ruby @Chevignon 

hey lesley, i prefer to let emerald explain it

On 10/3/2017 at 7:07 AM, Lesley said:

I found this on retail 

I'm also interested :) 

Now after last nerf I have the impression that critical damage from back is reduced to 45%( maybe I am wrong) which I think will make daggers useless.

Out of the topic - people here QQ a lot from daggers but they forget that dagger is killer for 1 vs 1, he can not hit from away, he has no aoe, his bonuses are from behind, his damage is with conditions unlike all others.

For these who keep QQ - If they see damage from official server with the same buffs as in ovc + bonuses from rebirths,voting for sure they will stop QQ. In ovc even vs avadons damage bigger than 10k is rare but it is not in any low rate retail or not. And do not forget - in low rate server there are no crazy people who go on pvp with magnus/pow .....

1 person likes this

keep in mind that there is no blessing of queen also..

This changes are retail like for focus death/power,its 100% legit.But this may can create some issues and make them too weak? such for example they may need a rebalance because when they were it wasnt accounted with the new focus death/power.

Posted (edited)

I hope this info comes out before the opening cuz is very decisve for those who keep playing or plan to reroll to dagger next season.

Cmon is not that hard...

@Emerald @Ruby

Edited by Lesley

* Focus Death / Focus Power are fixed (they give half the critical damage boost to blows - while on normal hits it stays the same).

I think what I said is pretty much clear.

If for example a skill gives you +60% crit damage from behind, it'll be +30% for skills.

Same for crit damage reduction, if a skill gives -30% crit damage from front, it'll be -15% for skills.

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

If for example a skill gives you +60% crit damage from behind, it'll be +30% for skills.

Same for crit damage reduction, if a skill gives -30% crit damage from front, it'll be -15% for skills.

Nice. Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong
Previous season it was like this
* Blow damage bonus reduced from x2 to x1.4  / Focus death / power(90/60% blow crit dmg from behind)
This season its gonna be like this
* Blow damage bonus reduced from x2 to x1.4  / Focus death / power(45/30%  blow crit dmg from behind)

On 10/4/2017 at 8:25 PM, Emerald said:

I can confirm that this is correct and so it should be. I found a person who tested it on the official server and one who tested in ru off. The damage in both servers  from skills is +around 40-50%( can not be tested with perfect precision, but it seems to be about 45% which coincides with what Emerald did)

That FD works as described is great but I think that Emerald made nerf ( * Blow damage bonus reduced from x2 to x1.4 ) to compensate for the wrong working buff.

I think it's fair once FD is working out as well this compensation has to be removed and blow bonus damage to be not reduced anymore.

This reduction was made because of wrong FD and now is not necessary.

Will review balance changes soon and make a post.

Just now, Emerald said:

Will review balance changes soon and make a post.

It makes sence.But emerald dont forget about other issues as well.U have the oportunity now to fix them once and for all.

So what does this means is

We can make a comparation before and after playing with math

Lets say a dagger hits raw damage 3k damage without nerfs or any bonus from focus death on some target(irrelevant)

So 3k raw damage and applying 60% damage nerf is 3k-60%=1200

and 3k raw damage applying 40% damage nerf is 3k-40%=1800

Before:

raw damage after nerf->1200

Frontal damage(-30%)->1200-30%=840

Back damage(+90%)->1200+90%=2280

Present(this season with current changes)

raw damage after nerf->1800

Frontal damage(-15%)->1530

Back damage(45%)->2610

What the hell did i something wrong?Or they hit stronger now Emerald?

agent didnt you know this month theres a party called daggerfest

1 person likes this

anyway even if we get more dmg after all lethal will hit less than back, and the nerf in speed rebirths are compensed by a little more dmg on back. sounds fair for me

I think i got it wrong,the calculus should be this way(i hope)

Lets say daggers hits a target raw 1500 damage before any bonus neither nerf or fd

Before:

Front:(1500-30%)x1.4=1470

Back(1500+90%)x1.4=3990

Present

Front(1500-15%)x1.6=2040

Back(1500+45%)x1.6=3480

It should be ok,comparing numbers from before and after,daggers will hit abit stronger from front and slightly less from back.

i'm not certain about this so dont mark my words

A dagger might take a second longer to kill you on your back than before  - dagger on back used to be overkill so, even nerfing the damage, its probably enough for 2-3 shots per kill

Daggers now can kill you frontstabbing even on focus buffs because now they have a 20% reduction instead of a 40% and the front reduction from focus buffs has been reduced (duh) to 15 instead of 30

• Changes done to focus deathpowerchance  = "balance" (less damage on the back - still usable - now able to kill frontstabbing)
  • Changes done to blow damage reduction = boost (+20%)
  • Current status of daggers in comparison to previous seasons = back dmg -15% / front dmg +30% (the result is definitely a boost)

While the nerf on back dmg (-15% in final damage) might not change the result of the encounter (dagger on your back = still dead in 3 blows) both the +20% and -15 instead of -30 will give as result a dagger killing you on frontstabs (as they have a +30% improvement on final damage)

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, NOKIA said:

back dmg -15% / front dmg +30% (the result is definitely a boost)

also do not mark my words but u taking 15% of a bigger thing which is back dmg and increasing 30% in a smaller thing which is front dmg

percentages fool ppl

result may be same as prv season ig with some minor reduction imo

Edited by Lesley

Difference from front will be 0.85/0.7 x 1.6/1.4 ~38% more damage

while from back will be 1.45/1.9 x 1.6/1.4~13% less damage.

To me this looks OK considering the wrong values before,the rebalance compensate good enough for it.

5 minutes ago, Lesley said:

also do not mark my words but u taking 15% of a bigger thing which is back dmg and increasing 30% in a smaller thing which is front dmg

percentages fool ppl

result may be same as prv season ig with some minor reduction imo

yes, but still "30" is bigger than "15"... take the percentages out of this, if that formula is correct, what do you think has bigger impact? -500dmg from back or +500dmg front?

back damage used to be overkill (dealt more damage than the target's hp) now its hitting 500 less :| 

its not a minor thing that a class that specializes in hitting from the back is now able to deal considerable damage from any side.. as soon as aoe fiesta ends we'll be drowning in daggers with targetnext  lethal macro

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, NOKIA said:

yes, but still "30" is bigger than "15"... take the percentages out of this, if that formula is correct, what do you think has bigger impact? -500dmg from back or +500dmg front?

back damage used to be overkill (dealt more damage than the target's hp) now its hitting 500 less :| 

its not a minor thing that a class that specializes in hitting from the back is now able to deal considerable damage from any side.. as soon as aoe fiesta ends we'll be drowning in daggers with targetnext  lethal macro

Im hoping for a lethal overdamage and deadly underdamage fix as well.So wont be the case people prioritizing lethal form all positions...

Edited by Agent