Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epoxy

Suggestion (Maybe for new Season)

11 posts in this topic

PvP areas instead of 30-Minute Events?

 

A handful of years ago, I played on a GvE server. On that server there were fixed pvp areas/locations, such as Rune Castle.

Gatekeeper had like 8-10 zones where you could teleport. There was constantly pvp, no matter what zone you chose. 

There was spawn killing of course, but we would just teleport on other zones and go kill them.

 

My suggestion:

1) Chose a few towns, castles, areas, whatever you want, where we can teleport and pvp.

2) Reroll them every 1 week. Every week there are different pvp areas.

3) Keep the mini-events. Simon Says, Russian Roulette, Boss in the middle, Capture the flag, etc etc

4) Remove 30-minute events

 

Why I am suggesting this:

1) Even though I like the 30-minute events, I hate that I have to run 1/3 of the event and search for enemies, only to find a whole flock of them and die instantly.

2) I - personally - don't like the whole flock vs flock, because

          a) there is not any 1v1 fight,

          b) PvPs are being ksed(one can't do otherwise),

          c) and the only way to take adena, is from assists; except when you get lucky and last hit.

 

Results:

People will be scatted, therefore they will be more "equally" distributed on the whole PvP area/location, and there'll be more 1v1 PvPs, and more chances for people to make some money.

People will enjoy PvPing more, I believe.

People can still join the rest mini-events.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Epoxy said:

 

 

A handful of years ago, I played on a GvE server. On that server there were fixed pvp areas/locations, such as Rune Castle.

 

Mafia L2? good times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fbs said:

Mafia L2? good times

You got me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no, this system is better

fixing 1v1 fights can be done by adjusting the respawn points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KimJongNoo said:

no, this system is better

fixing 1v1 fights can be done by adjusting the respawn points 

So you like running and searching for enemies 1/3 of the time, only to find a group of them to take you down in 2 seconds?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Server just needs something to do besides events. L2gve had the unique concept of capturing zones etc. eckokinetics had the idea of capturing areas with npcs that guarded towns that dropped mats etc. and infinitel2 had pve zones where clan actually had a purpose to raid etc. 

or make event wins important, one win = 1 medal and need 100 medals plus mats and arenas for a trade or something like that. To actually give incentive to an event besides a stupid box of luck.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scaretactic said:

stupid box of luck.

Only to get 55 Adena, or EAB/EWB(?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 9:57 AM, Scaretactic said:

Server just needs something to do besides events. L2gve had the unique concept of capturing zones etc. eckokinetics had the idea of capturing areas with npcs that guarded towns that dropped mats etc. and infinitel2 had pve zones where clan actually had a purpose to raid etc. 

or make event wins important, one win = 1 medal and need 100 medals plus mats and arenas for a trade or something like that. To actually give incentive to an event besides a stupid box of luck.

Playing L2 solo feels wrong. L2ovc should strive to be team based server.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Star64 said:

Playing L2 solo feels wrong. L2ovc should strive to be team based server.

 

Well, it kinda is. You can see the clans and rofl-spawnkilling-parties. 9_9

Edited by Epoxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've written a note to myself about this, it will probably happen on next seasons that there will be more than 1 map running, based on population.

But it will still be event-based, i.e. every 30 minutes maps will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0