Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epoxy

[Not a rant] Nerf Daggers?

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Every season is same.Season starts people cry mages OP,than after a while midgame all say tyrant/glad OP,and when people reach endgame everyone shouts dagger OP ::).Its every season like this,this repetition is so predictible :).

Class balance is good with few exceptions wich require more fix rather than balance.About daggers most skills doesnt work properly and official like but rather l2j like and i can list them wich is:bluff.fd/fp/lethal blow/backstab/deadly.

Titan is balanced btw,and someone earlier had a good point,why not make for all classes max damage 40% hp+cp so no newbie cant be 1 shot from veterans.Also about titans people need understand how to make a good buff setup,this is a free advice from me>its actually vital.With this 40% hp+cp u can sacrifice some offense and take some resists instead,

Edited by Tarzanule

take s armor for more p defence 

On 7/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, NOKIA said:

No, it's not, he's on robes (0% reduction against dagger skills), berserker spirit (-8% pdef) and magnus (-20% pdef against cov) and not using greater shield (+15% pdef)

Lots of people people here need to realise there are tradeoffs with every buffset you make and gear you use, (most of the times) you must choose between being agressive, critical-attack-agressive, fast, mage defensive, specific mage defensive, shield defensive.. that's the nature of having a limited amount of buffslots and itemslots, you need to understand the way your skills work and your enemies' skills work. Maybe while doing that you would realise that with iPlay buffset, skillset and gearset it's madness to face a physical DD as he's basically a cannonglass, maybe he can withstand some magic damage because of elemental resistance and magic def passives, but physical? impossible

He can use DC set, greater shield and tattoo for + speed and defense, COV for tankiness, drop the 2handed weapon and get 1h and a shield and not give enemy daggers his back.

Just my 2cents, he can also make a screenshot and post it on forum, but that won't prevent him from taking 8k from a geared dagger.

Exactly, but why do I have to hit these mages (and at least 60% of mages buff like this) with my destro 3 freakin times? Correct, because all mages cry destro's are op destro's are op and TY @Emerald for ultra-nerf.

22 hours ago, Tarzanule said:

Every season is same.Season starts people cry mages OP,than after a while midgame all say tyrant/glad OP,and when people reach endgame everyone shouts dagger OP ::).Its every season like this,this repetition is so predictible :).

Class balance is good with few exceptions wich require more fix rather than balance.About daggers most skills doesnt work properly and official like but rather l2j like and i can list them wich is:bluff.fd/fp/lethal blow/backstab/deadly.

Titan is balanced btw,and someone earlier had a good point,why not make for all classes max damage 40% hp+cp so no newbie cant be 1 shot from veterans.Also about titans people need understand how to make a good buff setup,this is a free advice from me>its actually vital.With this 40% hp+cp u can sacrifice some offense and take some resists instead,

Wow, like people who play titans on the server didn't know that lol.

And it's not balanced until they nerf daggers coz I get 1.5k backstab through freakin GUTS and TMH 6664 (that's around 4k p.def)

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, iPlay said:

Wow, like people who play titans on the server didn't know that lol.

And it's not balanced until they nerf daggers coz I get 1.5k backstab through freakin GUTS and TMH 6664 (that's around 4k p.def)

There are many who have no clue how to play titan here,u have no ideea.And its not backstab that u get much damage its the freakin lethal blow,since its buged as fuk with damage.

Edited by Tarzanule

On 8.07.2017 г. at 9:00 PM, Epoxy said:

I was in that event at Heine's fortress and a Treasure Hunter came behind us hidden(silent move) so the guards don't see him. No problem with that. Pretty clever actually.

I start hitting him from a long range for at least 4 seconds before he saw me. He dashes, and has that skill on which cancels the target. He kills me once next to our spawn. I respawn instantly and go again and try to kill him.

He kills me again. (This target cancelling skill is annoying)

I respawn again and go again to him and we PvP. He kills me yet again.

4th time. He kills me again.

He killed me 4 times while I went with full hp, and he with what I had left him before I died. I dealt an average of 700 damage. Only 1 magic critical, even with Siren's dance, for 3.100 damage.

I got him 3 times fear, a few times slow. Aura flash didn't help at all. 

He dealt 3196 damage with first skill. 4156 with second skill. 1794 with third skill.

I never had the chance before to fight 1v1 with dagger in this server, but damn. I didn't know they are that overpowered. I really expected to kill him the 2nd time. Anyhow, he got 40 adena, I got nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let me guess mage + berserk + magnus( p def below 1k:( )

You are lucky one (looking at damage you deal on him), 700 normal damage mean that he is not very good with jewels/buffs/resists.

Do not forget, you are playing with mass pvp char against char that is strong in 1 vs 1.

The picture can be different if you have set ++, cov, rebirts and knowledge how to play 1 vs 1 vs different types of characters in this game.

There are people who play mages and have no problem when they meet daggers.......

4 hours ago, ichakala said:

Let me guess mage + berserk + magnus( p def below 1k:( )

You are lucky one (looking at damage you deal on him), 700 normal damage mean that he is not very good with jewels/buffs/resists.

Do not forget, you are playing with mass pvp char against char that is strong in 1 vs 1.

The picture can be different if you have set ++, cov, rebirts and knowledge how to play 1 vs 1 vs different types of characters in this game.

There are people who play mages and have no problem when they meet daggers.......

Fair point. But without the berserk and magnus I would deal 600 damage and have 1300 c speed. Unfortunately, I didn't have any rebirths. I had 1.1 - 1.2 pdef.

12 hours ago, Epoxy said:

Fair point. But without the berserk and magnus I would deal 600 damage and have 1300 c speed. Unfortunately, I didn't have any rebirths. I had 1.1 - 1.2 pdef.

In this game you have choice how to setup your char(items,dyes,buffs). In each setup you will be stronger vs someone but weaker against other.If you use MA set +6 (for example), COV and rebirth for p def, and you if you keep the dagger in front of you (the most common mistake is that people leave the dagger to hit them from behind, then come here with complaints)maybe you again will die(depends) but it wont be easy.

If you prefer to have more cast, speed, m crits the cost for this is your p def and you should not complain that you receive big dmg from daggers(wait a little you will receive big dmg from archers also).

Just for example -> alone dagger can't kill good healer, the chance is zero.

if a mage goes tanky def he wont be able to kill someone

if he lose matk and cast

Why everytime a noob get raped we have to nerf something???? I have a challenge for all those who thinks that daggers are OP . Go in game cr8 a TH (its the human dagger in case some pro players here dont know ) and join a event. You will QQ in 2 minutes. 

Only bad players show their back to daggers, from front they do low dmg. Maybe stop watching things only in front of you like a horse.

Posted (edited)

Dagger's de-target must get nerfed.

Magic defense must get nerfed.

Bluff must be buffed, which means bigger chance to succeed, and turn your back on dagger.

Backstab should get buffed.

Lethal must be nerfed.

Deadly blow/mortal strike chances must be buffed.

Edited by Epoxy

3 hours ago, detro said:

if a mage goes tanky def he wont be able to kill someone

if he lose matk and cast

In low rate server if you play with magnus in pvp you are free frag with 0 chance to win pvp. I agree that in ovc is different but the rule is the same.

Everyone who played pvp in low rate server knows : berserk is not pvp buff, magnus is farm buff.

No one can have everything in this game, if you want to be stronger then your attack power will be low, the same is for daggers. You can see for sure on the map daggers with pow + berserk, they have a lot of speed, attack speed but they die fast.

It is the same if any dagger with pow and berserk (who will receive maybe 1,5k normal from every mage) to come here and cry "nerf mages" ....

1 hour ago, Ntropy said:

Why everytime a noob get raped we have to nerf something???? I have a challenge for all those who thinks that daggers are OP . Go in game cr8 a TH (its the human dagger in case some pro players here dont know ) and join a event. You will QQ in 2 minutes. 

Why th when wr or gh is better

4 minutes ago, detro said:

Cuz epoxy's post was about his encounter with a TH the worst dagger in ovc.

7 minutes ago, ichakala said:

No one can have everything in this game, if you want to be stronger then your attack power will be low, the same is for daggers. You can see for sure on the map daggers with pow + berserk, they have a lot of speed, attack speed but they die fast.

It is the same if any dagger with pow and berserk (who will receive maybe 1,5k normal from every mage) to come here and cry "nerf mages" ....

No, they don't die faster. That's how the top daggers on the server buff and I can tell you they don't get hit for even half of what you said.

5 minutes ago, detro said:

If they are better why does Sin get top player over them with TH?

17 minutes ago, Epoxy said:

Dagger's de-target must get nerfed.

Magic defense must get nerfed.

Bluff must be buffed, which means bigger chance to succeed, and turn your back on dagger.

Backstab should get buffed.

Lethal must be nerfed.

Deadly blow/mortal strike chances must be buffed.

If you mean with "de-target" (maybe in other game can be called like that...) mirage then its already nerfed -> reuse time and success rate(look at the forum).

For magic defence - its not about it, its for how resists work in IL. If you don't know how they work then you play the wrong game. IL is the chronicle in which everyone easy can decrease mage damage, just need basic knowledge that is the problem in ovc cry, cry community...

Bluff in ovc is with very, very low chance but looking at what you wrote just one question :  how long you played l2 ? Month? Two months ? Not more.....

about backstab only you know what is the problem....

Lethal is completely removed in ovc(Once again I'm convinced that you have no idea what you are talking about)

Again for blow only you know what you mean....

3 minutes ago, maze said:

No, they don't die faster. That's how the top daggers on the server buff and I can tell you they don't get hit for even half of what you said.

You always can do a test. As someone who played dagger many, many seasons in ovc go try.

Get cov and no berserk and hit with mage.Then replace cov with pow and add berserk and come back here to discuss the result.

Just to remind : Berserker Spirit - Decreases a party member's P. Def. by 5%, M. Def. by 10% and Evasion by 2

I know what I'm talking about, I actually play ;)

13 minutes ago, maze said:

I know what I'm talking about, I actually play ;)

Then you should know that without COV dagger has -20% m def and with berserk -10%. In ocv pow + berserk daggers are people who stay away from the battle and run only after runners. They have no problem to escape from the battle or to catch everyone who trying to run.

2 minutes ago, ichakala said:

Then you should know that without COV dagger has -20% m def and with berserk -10%. In ocv pow + berserk daggers are people who stay away from the battle and run only after runners. They have no problem to escape from the battle or to catch everyone who trying to run.

Are you playing this season or not? It looks like you're not talking about the same server lol

37 minutes ago, ichakala said:

If you mean with "de-target" (maybe in other game can be called like that...) mirage then its already nerfed -> reuse time and success rate(look at the forum).

I don't know. He canceled my target like 6 times in a row.

40 minutes ago, ichakala said:

For magic defence - its not about it, its for how resists work in IL. If you don't know how they work then you play the wrong game. IL is the chronicle in which everyone easy can decrease mage damage, just need basic knowledge that is the problem in ovc cry, cry community...

To be honest, I never played in a balanced server. I played in a few low rates, but I wasn't part of mass pvps, and I never got the chance to break down all the details of the game. Unfortunately, because of school, university, job I never got to devote many hours on this game. I always went for farming, either with sps or warlord, or spoiler. I have't enjoyed the game in all those years, and that's why I'm still playing.

47 minutes ago, ichakala said:

Bluff in ovc is with very, very low chance but looking at what you wrote just one question :  how long you played l2 ? Month? Two months ? Not more.....

Well, that's embarrassing. I play 13 years. Since C3 - The Game.

47 minutes ago, ichakala said:

about backstab only you know what is the problem....
Again for blow only you know what you mean....

Emd3pi3.png

Yes. The mage had his back turned on me. He was afk.

48 minutes ago, ichakala said:

Lethal is completely removed in ovc(Once again I'm convinced that you have no idea what you are talking about)

Lethal is not removed. Check the post of other people. Except if the system message "Lethal Strike!" and the disappearance of my whole CP means something else.

7 minutes ago, Epoxy said:

Lethal is not removed. Check the post of other people. Except if the system message "Lethal Strike!" and the disappearance of my whole CP means something else.

You have around 2k cp as a mage, even if the dagger gets lucky to hit the nerfed Lethal on you, he will only remove ur CP. Retail Lethal does a lot more then that.

1 hour ago, maze said:

Dude, come on, u from all should know that most of the players here sux hard. Hence you should not drag about getting top or something. Do you think if there were some decent mages ur daggers will do the same frags as they do now ? Name me 1 mage here that plays mage how it should be played, and i'm not talking about some random mage like Luffy or other cunt that makes 50 or more kills per map, mostly on newbies or some other noobs who don't have the knowledge of simple buffing.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, maze said:

Aw/pw is alot better.Sin said himself.He makes decent amount with kills cause hes stacked and he has u as his permahealer.With aw/pw he would do alot kills go ahead and ask him dont speak from your ass.You have no ideea about daggers.All this is blabla this and blabla that,truth is this arent daggers what we have here in l2ovc i dont know how to call them and th is the furthest away of what th should mean.All dagger skills and no exception except autoattack are bugged.Emerald wont bother he ignores this but he knows very well.People said it over and over i said also over and over until the point i give up and i dont care anymore.

Edited by Tarzanule

Posted (edited)

And aw/pw can have 230+ speed without zerk and without blinding.With powi only.I dont think there are daggers with zerk,but i wouldnt be suprised aboout it because many are noobs.They are fast they go in and out fast,lethal blow from aw/pw combined with fd is such buged with damage that is quite ridicoulos,

Edited by Tarzanule