Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epoxy

[Not a rant] Nerf Daggers?

90 posts in this topic

Guys, this topic is not made to bring your fights here.

This is a discussion, and a discussion with a question mark. I, my self, am not sure if the daggers need a nerf, and that's why I ask(see questionmark on title).

I tried to play dagger, and my skills constantly fail, or I deal 800-1k damage. So I really can't know if they are overpowered or normal, that's why I'm asking here.

2 hours ago, Epoxy said:

Guys, this topic is not made to bring your fights here.

This is a discussion, and a discussion with a question mark. I, my self, am not sure if the daggers need a nerf, and that's why I ask(see questionmark on title).

I tried to play dagger, and my skills constantly fail, or I deal 800-1k damage. So I really can't know if they are overpowered or normal, that's why I'm asking here.

dagger only do decent dmg when u get 79 and minimum qa or/and +10 skills. any other class with this setup can rape pretty much anyone if knows how to play. thats only it, no secret, no big deal

37 minutes ago, Lesley said:

dagger only do decent dmg when u get 79 and minimum qa or/and +10 skills. any other class with this setup can rape pretty much anyone if knows how to play. thats only it, no secret, no big deal

I don't really think everyone has AQ and +10 skills(this is not hard though).

1 hour ago, Epoxy said:

I don't really think everyone has AQ and +10 skills(this is not hard though).

avg player can make it in 2 days

23 hours ago, Redman said:

1) Blow damage reduced

2) bluff chance low as fuk

3) lethals removed

4) no cp pots

5) cancel is 100%

1) Hmmm so before the reduce what were they hitting for? 10k frontstabs?

2) Stop bullshiting us or you were trying bluff on OLs?

3) wut? since when?!?!

4) yeah ok, selfbuff doesnt count i see.

5) run away 5sec get your buff back.

Seems legit

Its funny how before the server everyone shouting about wrong damage on daggers/low land on skill etc etc...

Its a custom server with mass pvp events. Why a dagger should be even viable?! Still tons of daggers in every map.

And qqing for archer/mages on a damn fucking c6 java server when the m.crit is dragged to the ground with that 75% and crits i dont even know...

I've been hit from 2k to 4.6k, you're probably missing level and the needed jewelry for that.

14 minutes ago, ifym said:

1) Hmmm so before the reduce what were they hitting for? 10k frontstabs?

2) Stop bullshiting us or you were trying bluff on OLs?

3) wut? since when?!?!

4) yeah ok, selfbuff doesnt count i see.

5) run away 5sec get your buff back.

Seems legit

Its funny how before the server everyone shouting about wrong damage on daggers/low land on skill etc etc...

Its a custom server with mass pvp events. Why a dagger should be even viable?! Still tons of daggers in every map.

And qqing for archer/mages on a damn fucking c6 java server when the m.crit is dragged to the ground with that 75% and crits i dont even know...

1. so 1k dmg on blow seems op to u ?
2. so u are saying that bluff lands very often ? the chance is pretty low, and even if it lands it's for less then a second.
3. do u even know how Lethal works ?
4. that self buff's cp reg is slower then the actual cp pots
5. run away ? :D What if it's an open field, without objects, so i need around 2-3 secs to get in close range near a mage, who meanwhile would had used more then 8-9 nukes, and u are saying that when i get in the 600 range for him to cancel me, i should run back to w8 for my buffs to return and then turn back against him again. Cool logic dude.
Btw, u must be confused or something, i never qqed about anything, just saying facts that dagger is the most nerfed/bugged one here.

8 hours ago, ss123 said:

This guy wants daggers to be nerfed so that he can continue playing with magnus so that he can kite archers because hes afraid that with cov he will be meat for archers.

Im not mage anymore so idc and kite archers? Lol

Posted (edited)

Point is daggers dont need any nerf.They need stabs fixed damage and rate,bluff needs also fix,other than this is just useless talk.At this point of server th became extinct>all i see now is aw/pw spaming lethal from all directions.Same as previous season.

With a fix damage spike should be lowered because of lethal blow,but all stabs should deal arround same damage except backstab wich receives minor bonus.

Edited by Tarzanule

58 minutes ago, Tarzanule said:

Point is daggers dont need any nerf.They need stabs fixed damage and rate,bluff needs also fix,other than this is just useless talk.At this point of server th became extinct>all i see now is aw/pw spaming lethal from all directions.Same as previous season.

With a fix damage spike should be lowered because of lethal blow,but all stabs should deal arround same damage except backstab wich receives minor bonus.

don't worry about th, I will destroy ppl this week with it.

30 minutes ago, elxdark said:

don't worry about th, I will destroy ppl this week with it.

Just dont cry when u will miss 4 backstabs in a row...wich is very common.

6 hours ago, Redman said:

1. so 1k dmg on blow seems op to u ?
2. so u are saying that bluff lands very often ? the chance is pretty low, and even if it lands it's for less then a second.
3. do u even know how Lethal works ?
4. that self buff's cp reg is slower then the actual cp pots
5. run away ? :D What if it's an open field, without objects, so i need around 2-3 secs to get in close range near a mage, who meanwhile would had used more then 8-9 nukes, and u are saying that when i get in the 600 range for him to cancel me, i should run back to w8 for my buffs to return and then turn back against him again. Cool logic dude.
Btw, u must be confused or something, i never qqed about anything, just saying facts that dagger is the most nerfed/bugged one here.

1. Seems better than 8k stabs which they hitting every now and then. I mean destros cant take out more than 40% hp/mc power,rate/critical reduced while archers hitting 2.5-3k on dc robes with aq/baium. But now feel free to 8k stab someone, not to mention frontstabs /laf.

2. Hmmm 49 con, res. shock and boom!!! Bluff lands like a charm. Dont even try to convince me.

3. So when he removes full cp it aint a lethal?

4. Again none has cp why daggers should have that option in this server? Yeah im totally confused

5. If its an open field you have no reason been there with a dagger...thats the point. But no lets make dagger number one priority everywhere.

18 minutes ago, ifym said:

1. Seems better than 8k stabs which they hitting every now and then. I mean destros cant take out more than 40% hp/mc power,rate/critical reduced while archers hitting 2.5-3k on dc robes with aq/baium. But now feel free to 8k stab someone, not to mention frontstabs /laf.

2. Hmmm 49 con, res. shock and boom!!! Bluff lands like a charm. Dont even try to convince me.

4. Again none has cp why daggers should have that option in this server? Yeah im totally confused

5. If its an open field you have no reason been there with a dagger...thats the point. But no lets make dagger number one priority everywhere.

show me a pic of a 8k backstab also your pdef and buffs.

bluff doesn't even land wtf are you saying.

full lethals are removed and the cp ones you say are really low chance.

1 hour ago, ifym said:

1. U using devotion set while getting hit for 8k ? I never said destros shouldn't hit for full dmg, in fact i was one of the few who were against the frenzy nerf. Facestabing comes because of the geodata.
2. U obviously speak bull sh1t, dunno how bluff lands like a charm here, have u ever played offi platform server ?
3. Full cp, yeah, that low chance when u remove some lame mage his 1.5k cp, gg. Elxdark wrote it to u, cuz u don't know that too.
4. Never said only daggers should have cp pots. Daggers are one of the most afflicted of it because they are close range.
5. So what, if it's an open field we shouldn't play daggers ? Only mages and archers ?

11 hours ago, Lesley said:

avg player can make it in 2 days

Well, then obviously I'm a fucking noob, because I don't have AQ and it took me 5-6 days to get the required SP to make all my skills +10-11.

6 hours ago, Tarzanule said:

Just dont cry when u will miss 4 backstabs in a row...wich is very common.

I tried dagger and I'm already missing 4 backstabs in a row. Yet, when I play with mage, I get 3k, 4k, 2k, in a row and die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, elxdark said:

show me a pic of a 8k backstab also your pdef and buffs.

I never got hit for 8k, but I got hit for 6k.

I have DC Robe +5443. In my buffs there is Berseker Spirit, Magnus Chant, and Greater Shield. My P. Def is about 1,1-1,2k.

I deal an average of 700 damage with +3 Daimon Crystal. That would be 3999 M. Attack with Arcana Power on.

With +6 Daimon Crystal I had 4269 M. Attack and dealt 800+ damage.

What dagger you play and what is your lvl 

59 minutes ago, detro said:

What dagger you play and what is your lvl 

I tried Wind Rider. I am 76(I know, the buffs of 78-79 level are missing).

5 hours ago, Epoxy said:

Well, then obviously I'm a fucking noob, because I don't have AQ and it took me 5-6 days to get the required SP to make all my skills +10-11.

I tried dagger and I'm already missing 4 backstabs in a row. Yet, when I play with mage, I get 3k, 4k, 2k, in a row and die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never got hit for 8k, but I got hit for 6k.

I have DC Robe +5443. In my buffs there is Berseker Spirit, Magnus Chant, and Greater Shield. My P. Def is about 1,1-1,2k.

I deal an average of 700 damage with +3 Daimon Crystal. That would be 3999 M. Attack with Arcana Power on.

With +6 Daimon Crystal I had 4269 M. Attack and dealt 800+ damage.

I have GH, Ant Queen, skills + 10, level 79. I hit from 900 to 6k dmg from behind. Frontstabs don t work really well, max 2k dmg, but i got a lot of fails. I got fails from behind too. 

About mages, a strong one hit me with almost 1k on normal hit, surrender and vortex have like 90% chance, so it's not a big deal with dagger.

You can't do much things if you don t have a support near you (bishop, ol). And if you play only wall of argos, death pass, cemetery and other maps for range classes, you can t do much.. Everyone run in a circle and if you go close to enemies you die so fast.

1 v 1 vs mage dagger is trash.. Bluff have low chance, fronstabs sucks, lethal is removed, trick / veil don t work, hex have a big cast time.

8 hours ago, Epoxy said:

I tried Wind Rider. I am 76(I know, the buffs of 78-79 level are missing).

when you go 78 you will see the dmg you will deal will be really op

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Redman said:

1. U using devotion set while getting hit for 8k ? I never said destros shouldn't hit for full dmg, in fact i was one of the few who were against the frenzy nerf. Facestabing comes because of the geodata.
2. U obviously speak bull sh1t, dunno how bluff lands like a charm here, have u ever played offi platform server ?
3. Full cp, yeah, that low chance when u remove some lame mage his 1.5k cp, gg. Elxdark wrote it to u, cuz u don't know that too.
4. Never said only daggers should have cp pots. Daggers are one of the most afflicted of it because they are close range.
5. So what, if it's an open field we shouldn't play daggers ? Only mages and archers ?

dc +6 set. was on sps back then. poop is the one,katwe the 2nd, gas and  some other random daggers. Qa,baium for sure but still, why destro can remove 40% and dagger can go through it? (besides magnus,berz, full def buff on).

I repeat dworf on 49 con (+con - str), resist shock an had couple times with 3/3 bluffs 3/4. So yeah whatever. Im bullshiting you.

So what? Isnt that a lethal? imagine a tank getting lethal, i mean features saying lethals off. not me.

My point after all is that daggers shouldnt be vaible in open maps but still you can see a tons of them. Tower maps and stuff like that is another story. Close range, full of corners you can see like 30% daggers every now and then and thats normal.

For the other post: yeah ive been in off platform even on retail back to c6. I know how bluff,blinding blow works and the chances for the 1st one so its pointless to convience me otherwise i've allready told you.

Still dont get why we got customs dmg/crt/m.crt and stuff like that but still dagger goes ham. Anyway its pointless for this server, aint gonna change and i dont even care if it gonna change. The sad part is that daggers still QQing for low dmg and low blow rates...

Enjoy the pvps close range or full range.

Edited by ifym

Lethal on server is like a kamael+ lethal ; Only CP and not CP + HP.

11 minutes ago, ifym said:

dc +6 set. was on sps back then. poop is the one,katwe the 2nd, gas and  some other random daggers. Qa,baium for sure but still, why destro can remove 40% and dagger can go through it? (besides magnus,berz, full def buff on).

I repeat dworf on 49 con (+con - str), resist shock an had couple times with 3/3 bluffs 3/4. So yeah whatever. Im bullshiting you.

So what? Isnt that a lethal? imagine a tank getting lethal, i mean features saying lethals off. not me.

My point after all is that daggers shouldnt be vaible in open maps but still you can see a tons of them. Tower maps and stuff like that is another story. Close range, full of corners you can see like 30% daggers every now and then and thats normal.

For the other post: yeah ive been in off platform even on retail back to c6. I know how bluff,blinding blow works and the chances for the 1st one so its pointless to convience me otherwise i've allready told you.

Still dont get why we got customs dmg/crt/m.crt and stuff like that but still dagger goes ham. Anyway its pointless for this server, aint gonna change and i dont even care if it gonna change. The sad part is that daggers still QQing for low dmg and low blow rates...

As i said numerous times before, i'm against the frenzy cap too, but just cuz Titan is fuked up let's fuk up daggers too ? Just cuz someone got lucky to bluff u 2-3 times doesn't mean the chance is high, not to mention that it's almost impossible to see the other side effects of bluff ( ain't only about shock resistance). Why shouldn't dagger be viable on open maps lol ? Dagger is the most varied class, it can be played in numerous ways. So if u have been playing offi platforms, i don't need to convince you anything, u should know by yourself that bluff rate is low as fuk here, not to mention blindings too.
Ye, it's a custom server, and ye, mages m.crit dmg/rate is pretty low, but as opposed to dagger skills, theirs aren't with fuked up formula/geodata. There is an difference between qqing and showing facts about skills formula.
Do u know what will happen if we were playing on an offi files, without those reduces and nerfs of skills and crit/m.crit dmg ? Most of the noobs playing would quit after first days, because all u need is 2 archers or 2 daggers to wipe them all.

32 minutes ago, ifym said:

still waiting the 8k backstab pic.

Meh daggers even on open maps do alot of kills.they are really broken

A good wr can have 275 speed all time 

They do because dumb mages try to nuke the hell out of them all the time.