Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epoxy

[Not a rant] Nerf Daggers?

90 posts in this topic

I was in that event at Heine's fortress and a Treasure Hunter came behind us hidden(silent move) so the guards don't see him. No problem with that. Pretty clever actually.

I start hitting him from a long range for at least 4 seconds before he saw me. He dashes, and has that skill on which cancels the target. He kills me once next to our spawn. I respawn instantly and go again and try to kill him.

He kills me again. (This target cancelling skill is annoying)

I respawn again and go again to him and we PvP. He kills me yet again.

4th time. He kills me again.

He killed me 4 times while I went with full hp, and he with what I had left him before I died. I dealt an average of 700 damage. Only 1 magic critical, even with Siren's dance, for 3.100 damage.

I got him 3 times fear, a few times slow. Aura flash didn't help at all. 

He dealt 3196 damage with first skill. 4156 with second skill. 1794 with third skill.

I never had the chance before to fight 1v1 with dagger in this server, but damn. I didn't know they are that overpowered. I really expected to kill him the 2nd time. Anyhow, he got 40 adena, I got nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well when i was saying about daggers everyone told me im a crying so i stopped giving a fuck

I think class balance is pretty good right now, but daggers are a bit OP as fuk. There are literally 10-20 per side that runs around and hits for 3-5k nonstop.

and they dont die cause they are full resist

i played last season dagger so i know what is goin on with the class

Yeah I'm about to reroll to dagger to join FOTM, since emerald most likely won't touch class balance for interlude. 

Epoxy, no offense, but i saw the way you play at events and u are a noob. Blow damage reduced, bluff chance low as fuk, lethals removed, no cp pots and on top of that, cancel is 100%, if dagger ain't one of the most, if not the most nerfed one here, dunno who is ...
I'm playing this server for 5 seasons, only every one i had mage on sub, yet against most of the daggers i didn't face any problems 1v1 (most of them are total noobs anyway). 
If you know how to play a mage correctly, either u won't die from daggers most of the times, or at least u will be pain in the ass to be killed, thats not the case with u and most of the mages in this server, who know only to spam their primary nuke and stand motionless like a dumb sloth.

No disrespect to the OP but dagger is more specialized 1 vs 1,its his strength.Mage should evoid such encounters with melee fighters in general especialy if they are geared.Maage strength is mass pvp and pvp in zerg situation,not 1 vs 1.If mage would be top 1 vs 1 than fighters should be deleted.Still a lucky cancel can do the job even in 1 vs 1.Also there are top mage who can do pretty decent even 1 vs 1,and mage critical can be stacked till 1/3 rates wich is pretty decent, i saw this is not bullsh1t.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Tarzanule said:

No disrespect to the OP but dagger is more specialized 1 vs 1,its his strength.Mage should evoid such encounters with melee fighters in general especialy if they are geared.Maage strength is mass pvp and pvp in zerg situation,not 1 vs 1.If mage would be top 1 vs 1 than fighters should be deleted.Still a lucky cancel can do the job even in 1 vs 1.Also there are top mage who can do pretty decent even 1 vs 1,and mage critical can be stacked till 1/3 rates wich is pretty decent, i saw this is not bullsh1t.

What irritates me the most, is that I went 4 times, and I also landed many fears, slows. I played him smart. After I caught fear and slow together, I run the opposite direction, landed my vortex, and he still managed to kill me.(That was on the 2nd encounter)

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Redman said:

Epoxy, no offense, but i saw the way you play at events and u are a noob. Blow damage reduced, bluff chance low as fuk, lethals removed, no cp pots and on top of that, cancel is 100%, if dagger ain't one of the most, if not the most nerfed one here, dunno who is ...
I'm playing this server for 5 seasons, only every one i had mage on sub, yet against most of the daggers i didn't face any problems 1v1 (most of them are total noobs anyway). 
If you know how to play a mage correctly, either u won't die from daggers most of the times, or at least u will be pain in the ass to be killed, thats not the case with u and most of the mages in this server, who know only to spam their primary nuke and stand motionless like a dumb sloth.

There a difference between 1v1 and an event with 20 people. I actually play pretty good with the mage.

Now if you're talking about the few times I ran into the group of enemies, and just casted Aura Flashes or AoEs, I did this to earn more adena from assists.

Edited by Epoxy

a wr or a gh lands most of his skills

and they do alot of dmg

last season i had wr so i know what im saying

In this particular case there is no point since daggers are supposed to own mages and archers.

What makes me mad is that daggers can land 5k+, make it max 40%HP+CP like destros and everything will be fine.

Shot00041.jpg

make 40% cp hp ahahahana why dont just delete the class :D 

5 hours ago, iPlay said:

In this particular case there is no point since daggers are supposed to own mages and archers.

What makes me mad is that daggers can land 5k+, make it max 40%HP+CP like destros and everything will be fine.

Shot00041.jpg

wow dude you got hit for 5k from dagger with zerk2 and magnus, this is insane! they should hit for 2k max on 800pdef and archers 1k

3 hours ago, ss123 said:

wow dude you got hit for 5k from dagger with zerk2 and magnus, this is insane! they should hit for 2k max on 800pdef and archers 1k

3.5-4k is good.

Lethal Blow is broken.Dagger damage overal is ok i quess but stabs damage are java like proportions and not offi.I got 2500 from 2 rings ghost hunter in guts from this lethal blow.Thats why i dont play dagger.They are not how it should be.All run and spam lethal,this is nonsence to me.

36 minutes ago, Epoxy said:

3.5-4k is good.

No, it's not, he's on robes (0% reduction against dagger skills), berserker spirit (-8% pdef) and magnus (-20% pdef against cov) and not using greater shield (+15% pdef)

Lots of people people here need to realise there are tradeoffs with every buffset you make and gear you use, (most of the times) you must choose between being agressive, critical-attack-agressive, fast, mage defensive, specific mage defensive, shield defensive.. that's the nature of having a limited amount of buffslots and itemslots, you need to understand the way your skills work and your enemies' skills work. Maybe while doing that you would realise that with iPlay buffset, skillset and gearset it's madness to face a physical DD as he's basically a cannonglass, maybe he can withstand some magic damage because of elemental resistance and magic def passives, but physical? impossible

He can use DC set, greater shield and tattoo for + speed and defense, COV for tankiness, drop the 2handed weapon and get 1h and a shield and not give enemy daggers his back.

Just my 2cents, he can also make a screenshot and post it on forum, but that won't prevent him from taking 8k from a geared dagger.

1 minute ago, NOKIA said:

No, it's not, he's on robes (0% reduction against dagger skills), berserker spirit (-8% pdef) and magnus (-20% pdef against cov) and not using greater shield (+15% pdef)

Lots of people people here need to realise there are tradeoffs with every buffset you make and gear you use, (most of the times) you must choose between being agressive, critical-attack-agressive, fast, mage defensive, specific mage defensive, shield defensive.. that's the nature of having a limited amount of buffslots and itemslots, you need to understand the way your skills work and your enemies' skills work. Maybe while doing that you would realise that with iPlay buffset, skillset and gearset it's madness to face a physical DD as he's basically a cannonglass, maybe he can withstand some magic damage because of elemental resistance and magic def passives, but physical? impossible

He can use DC set, greater shield and tattoo for + speed and defense, COV for tankiness, drop the 2handed weapon and get 1h and a shield and not give enemy daggers his back.

Just my 2cents, he can also make a screenshot and post it on forum, but that won't prevent him from taking 8k from a geared dagger.

Fair enough!

Daggers hit alot and they are really tanky

Something must change from that

Last season as wr i could go inside 10 ppl kill 3-4 and still go out 

The thing that must change is those who play mages should learn how to play correctly so they don't get owned by some random daggers.

Well i was doin fine vs daggers as mage expect if 2 were comming

Thing is they are really tanky

57 minutes ago, detro said:

Well i was doin fine vs daggers as mage expect if 2 were comming

Thing is they are really tanky

i know you are sps in game, tell me do you want to kill daggers at AOE? 

No 

You are sad dagger i guess

Posted (edited)

Yeah its sad that a dagger can't throw daggers in people at the speed of light like mages do. gotta keep that F1 lockdown. 

Edited by ss123

This guy wants daggers to be nerfed so that he can continue playing with magnus so that he can kite archers because hes afraid that with cov he will be meat for archers.