Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elxdark

Suggestions for New Season

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So with the upcoming season I'd like to point some suggestions that can make the server a lot more better and competitive.

Maps:

- Remove big maps such as PI and Blazing swamp, these are the ones I remember that are incredible annoying to play the map is just too wide even with enough population.

- Remove or rework Eleven Village TvT, it is really fun to play it but it has serious fps problems and no I don't play in a potato.

- Fix/rework sieges, the idea behind them is good but the fact you can lure the king and kill it outside the castle is pretty dumb also buff the king +hp and dmg.

Economy/shop

One of the best features I've seen was when you didn't put mats in shop and people had to actually farm them in pvp to make weapons/sets, I'd like to see this feature returning but only for S grade.

- C/B free, A for adena, S locked first 3 days or until enough A items, Epics locked 3 first days.

- S increment adena and mats. (so you actually have to work for it)

Epic Bosses

This is the theme that I'd like to talk about more in deep, as a competitive player the boss system in this server is boring and extremely unfair depending of what respawn you got.

Make boss fights actually boss fights, like in retail(or every other random server tbh) you HAVE to win their respawn before you kill it, so my suggestions are:

- Teleport people outside boss respawn e.g. AQ teleport us in the cave different sides( not in the AQ respawn ofc) Baium the same, make us fight in the last floor instead of running around circles in the respawn... Zaken outside the ship and so on..

System :

-Teleport people outside boss respawn TvT 15m max, either the team that has most kills wins or the team that killed in totally the other, get teleported to boss respawn ( you can't respawn in boss fights)

This will make people to actually think before going out and fight and would fix some unfair respawns (hello AQ and Zaken) also clans would enjoy this a lot more because it will be more competitive.

Noblesse/Hero/Oly

- Make Barakiel the only way to achieve noblesse, same as epic bosses teleport teams in different sides and make them fight until one of them win (15m max) The team that wins can kill Barakiel which will drop an item and with that item you will get noblesse.

- Increment the minimum players requirement for Oly from 4 (I think) to 8-10 so clans won't be able to feed that easily.

- Improve Oly rewards e.g. 

-Blessed Scroll: Enchant Weapon (Grade S): 300,000 Noblesse Gate Passes

to 

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Weapon (Grade S): 15,000 Noblesse Gate Passes 

-The rate of exchange is 1,000 Noblesse Gate Passes for 1 Olympiad point, so with 15 points you will be able to buy an blessed scroll.

I don't know if you can add more items in exchange for oly points or maybe you can make a olympiad points section in shop, it would be pretty cool.

I think that's all I probably left some things but I don't remember it well, I hope you can implement at least some of these suggestions.

Edited by elxdark

Good suggestions, I agree with pretty much everything except for Barakiel.

I'd also make some basic changes to some classes (outside of olympiad ofc) people don't play:

Dorfs: increase dmg/speed

Tanks: increase dmg/speed

Healers: give them a nuke for Deathmatch :(

Sawing what happend last season I have one sugesttion myself and its about dominators:

-make cp heal to work only in party(except for sieges where should work normal).This cp heal from dominators can be abused big time,i remember some clans used 3-4 ol same time wich is a big heal bonus for an entire clan.

Just now, Tarzanule said:

Sawing what happend last season I have one sugesttion myself and its about dominators:

-make cp heal to work only in party(except for sieges where should work normal).This cp heal from dominators can be abused big time,i remember some clans used 3-4 ol same time wich is a big heal bonus for an entire clan.

I'd rather have an increment in the cd despite the casting speed/renewal effect 5-6s should be enough to stop the spam.

1 hour ago, Tarzanule said:

The problem was that you can make sub-class Overlord, which is not acceptable and not fair. That's why everyone was going for OL sub, because it was available.
If there are restrictions "retail like" there wont be a problem.

Also, make epic bosses special, event it! Dont simply put a antharas a random time no one knows, make it be heard.

5 minutes ago, Lesley said:

Also, make epic bosses special, event it! Dont simply put a antharas a random time no one knows, make it be heard.

This is a good idea.Make epic bosses have fixed time respawn and put timer at npc or in website or both.

IMO about Castle Sieges : Its time to improve it, as far as I remember there was only one castle to be used so here's my idea

2 order castles and 2 chaos castles

Order clan can be "attacker" at chaos siege, cant crest.

Chaos can be "attacker" at order siege, cant crest.

Why clans would care for this? Make clan skills a little little better and very more expensive. A custom reward system for clan war (like giving more crp to compensate the price high and encourage pvp between clans), and a big big boost on sieges, like 50% more crp idk. Also make small "quests" which give different rewards like "kill 3 enemy healers" "kill 3 enemy archers" "kill ....." so siege gets less boring and people have different objectives  

26 minutes ago, Tarzanule said:

This is a good idea.Make epic bosses have fixed time respawn and put timer at npc or in website or both.

The problem with stated TOD is the probability that amount of players will log in for epics while the rest of the time there will be less players.

3 hours ago, maze said:

I'd also make some basic changes to some classes (outside of olympiad ofc) people don't play:

Dorfs: increase dmg/speed

Tanks: increase dmg/speed

Healers: give them a nuke for Deathmatch :(

Tanks will be more useful if the aggro skill isn't so nerfed with the longer cd of the skill. Personally i would decrease the cd with 1-2 secs, cuz now as far as i remember it's nerfed to 5-6 secs. 

On 6/26/2017 at 11:09 PM, Redman said:

The problem with stated TOD is the probability that amount of players will log in for epics while the rest of the time there will be less players.

Tanks will be more useful if the aggro skill isn't so nerfed with the longer cd of the skill. Personally i would decrease the cd with 1-2 secs, cuz now as far as i remember it's nerfed to 5-6 secs. 

no tanks dont need anything cause ppl were doin aggro bots just to annoy ppl

its a big no

People may be annoyed by hornets, let's kill all of them, even the bees ...  I never proposed that the cd of aggression to be made insta, just to be reduced to normal values ( for example 4 secs) so tanks can be useful and not completely useless. In a server full of mages, most of them with 100% cc, it's amazing how lame 95% of them are, trying to nuke the hell out of a full resist tank, when u could just use 2 cancels and fuk him up. No wonder u guys get annoyed by things like that ... 

- Remove big maps such as PI and Blazing swamp, these are the ones I remember that are incredible annoying to play the map is just too wide even with enough population.

- Remove or rework Eleven Village TvT, it is really fun to play it but it has serious fps problems and no I don't play in a potato.

You got the ability to vote for next map for a reason, that's your opinion about these maps and while there are many who might not like them, there can be also many who does like.

Anyway about Elven Village we'll keep a watch and if there are indeed issues there it will be removed.

- Fix/rework sieges, the idea behind them is good but the fact you can lure the king and kill it outside the castle is pretty dumb also buff the king +hp and dmg.

Made it so if king is pulled about 1000 range away from its spawn its being teleported back.

One of the best features I've seen was when you didn't put mats in shop and people had to actually farm them in pvp to make weapons/sets, I'd like to see this feature returning but only for S grade.

- C/B free, A for adena, S locked first 3 days or until enough A items, Epics locked 3 first days.

Everything is available in shop so you got a choice either to buy from shop, buy from people or farm.

Besides that everything is already as you listed except the locked part, shops are no longer locked.

- S increment adena and mats. (so you actually have to work for it)

Didn't get what you mean there.. if you mean to increase prices, then again, won't be done.

Epic Bosses

This is the theme that I'd like to talk about more in deep, as a competitive player the boss system in this server is boring and extremely unfair depending of what respawn you got.

Make boss fights actually boss fights, like in retail(or every other random server tbh) you HAVE to win their respawn before you kill it, so my suggestions are:

- Teleport people outside boss respawn e.g. AQ teleport us in the cave different sides( not in the AQ respawn ofc) Baium the same, make us fight in the last floor instead of running around circles in the respawn... Zaken outside the ship and so on..

System :

-Teleport people outside boss respawn TvT 15m max, either the team that has most kills wins or the team that killed in totally the other, get teleported to boss respawn ( you can't respawn in boss fights)

This will make people to actually think before going out and fight and would fix some unfair respawns (hello AQ and Zaken) also clans would enjoy this a lot more because it will be more competitive.

And what will prevent exactly from people to run out of the PvP area and just hide? putting whole AQ nest for the PvP is way too big, aswell as putting TOI 14th floor for Baium's PvP won't even solve your "running in circles" issue, the current spawns are perfectly fine.

Noblesse/Hero/Oly

- Make Barakiel the only way to achieve noblesse, same as epic bosses teleport teams in different sides and make them fight until one of them win (15m max) The team that wins can kill Barakiel which will drop an item and with that item you will get noblesse.

- Increment the minimum players requirement for Oly from 4 (I think) to 8-10 so clans won't be able to feed that easily.

- Improve Oly rewards e.g. 

-Blessed Scroll: Enchant Weapon (Grade S): 300,000 Noblesse Gate Passes

to 

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Weapon (Grade S): 15,000 Noblesse Gate Passes 

-The rate of exchange is 1,000 Noblesse Gate Passes for 1 Olympiad point, so with 15 points you will be able to buy an blessed scroll.

I don't know if you can add more items in exchange for oly points or maybe you can make a olympiad points section in shop, it would be pretty cool.

Noblesse is already changed (if you're not aware of it) from collecting MSS to getting 2 rebirths, that should make it abit harder for players to make alt chars for olympiad, since it won't be only about collecting items, you will have to actually play the char.

And olympiad rewards won't be increased, I reduced olympiad reward by 1/4 because of 1/4 duration (weekly instead of monthly), not so you will come later on to ask for a boost.

It was because players were able to subclass anything they like, so most subclassed into dominators, now the feature is remvoed.

Nope, there's no time so if you see something is alive you'll keep playing.

57 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Noblesse is already changed (if you're not aware of it) from collecting MSS to getting 2 rebirths, that should make it abit harder for players to make alt chars for olympiad, since it won't be only about collecting items, you will have to actually play the char.

unless you changed it since last server its 3 rebirths for noble