PreVy

The Best Faction Server BY FAR !

58 posts in this topic

Big thanks  to Emerald, Ruby and all other guys I don't know for their awesome job!
I would like to thanks them all cause they keep my dream alive with this gorgeous server.
If you need my help or experience with anything you want to implement/improve/upgrade/change be free to ask me anytime  I think i could be very helpful for your future projects :) Just leave a message  !
P.S.

<3

Waiting for your response! 

1 person likes this

It's funny I just logged in to pm that exact same message to Emerald. 

This server has given me some of the best fun I've had in Lineage 2 since C1, it's the reason I stayed and I think it has room for improvement. We all witnessed the crazy fun at the start of this season, I think there are ways we can make that last a lot longer. There's a decent community that's loyal to the server, everyone understands if the Administration doesn't have enough time to look after it 24/7 and I guess what Prevy and I are trying to say is that you can delegate some of that work over to some select people.

<3

Thanks guys I appreciate it :)

Soon i'll have some news regarding the server.

2 hours ago, maze said:

There's a decent community that's loyal to the server

* Although it's true that the server is by far one of the best I've seen in quite some time in various aspects, I totally disagree with the decent/loyal community part. Are you talking about ppl that join and fap around for 15 days and then ask for wipe and create negativity? Because 65% of the players I saw in this season did that. If they were decent, they would realise the fact that there is nothing better out there and the server would keep on going for much more time than it eventually did.

* I don't even get the concept of having a new season since it's a pvp server; players who join want to get geared quickly and then non-stop pvp. So, what's the point of starting from scratch over and over again when your purpose is to get full geared and just pvp? Anyhow, it was my first season here and I hope that another one will begin soon enough.

Keep up the great work Emerald

It's tetrislude, cant be best by default:/

Edited by zosiek

9 hours ago, Mayhem said:

If they were decent, they would realise the fact that there is nothing better out there and the server would keep on going for much more time than it eventually did.
 I don't even get the concept of having a new season since it's a pvp server; players who join want to get geared quickly and then non-stop pvp. So, what's the point of starting from scratch over and over again when your purpose is to get full geared and just pvp? Anyhow, it was my first season here and I hope that another one will begin soon enough.

The main problem is that those players who join lately, start from scratch, while there are some full geared malakas targeting only newbies, so they can post scores on forum. 90% of the newcomers pick wrong classes when they join with the intention to jump directly to pew pew action, while most of them can't even take the right buffs.
So, with the common logic of a new coming newbie to the server he picks archer/mage, join some event with Avadon/Doom getting 2 shooted while he does 100 dmg with BOP/W.Tear seeing how 95% of the community is in full S, some with OE weapons, goes back to town with the intention to gear up by buying A grade and Tattoo and realizing he will need 2-3 days to get full A while playing with B against full geared jerks. Then he check the prices of S grade and Epics, realizing he won't get those in coming weeks and leaves the server. There is a small % of new comers who know what to pick and how to play, staying in the server for more them 2-3 days, but that % is very low and not enough to keep the server alive longer. So, when those lame newbies leave, the main target of our lame full geared players is gone and they can't make those easy kills anymore, leaving them to compete against other high geared players, and from doing scores like 100-30, they go to 30-20, forcing them to emoquit too. In this case, the main problem with newbies leaving, is that those noobs who play from start can't do sh1t anymore and they start the bitching about wipe and stuff.
Thats why i suggested numerous times before, that after some period A grade should be completely free, while price of S and Epics should decrease by some amount.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Redman said:

Thats why i suggested numerous times before, that after some period A grade should be completely free, while price of S and Epics should decrease by some amount.

That feature was in the server the previous season and people gone mad because of items "all of a sudden" going free, so that's why it was removed from this season and gotten just cheaper.

There's no miracle solutions for what to do in order to prevent such problems after people getting geared up, our situation is actually pretty good compared to most other pvp servers out there with imba donations and 700% enchant rate / endless limit.

I know that a lot of players started idiotically to rage after B/A grade got completely free, because they were dumb enough to buy overpriced parts to craft it, while someone wasn't stupid as they are and bought it for free. They did not realize that it was for the best of the server future, because those bunch think only about themselves.

Emerald, the sooner u stop making bad decisions/changes because of listening to the ignorant part of the community(which is more then the advised part sadly), the better for u, for the rest of us and for the server as a whole.

Edited by Redman

That has nothing to do with bad desicions/changes, even with clear announcements telling the percent until the next stage becomes free people still gone mad about it, and like you said, that was the majority of the people, so that feature wasn't really solving anything.

Thats my main point, just because the majority wants something that doesn't mean it's for the good. 

13 hours ago, Emerald said:

Thanks guys I appreciate it :)

Soon i'll have some news regarding the server.

;)  As prevy said if you want we can help you about upgrade/changes etc for new server.

I wanna say: Thank you to emerald and the whole community too. All together managed to get the best OVC Season so far.

Offering ur help/skills and experience for future improovements is something that makes parts of community very worthful for the Gm Team.

However, im pretty sure, the time will come and all of us have to stay together to prepare a new, great and successfully season ;)

So, stay tuned and prepared for future Announcements

We often tend to forget, including myself, that Emerald and the rest who help him out, provide us with this gaming experience for free and consume their own free time for the rest of us. ( I doubt you make any /or big/ profits out of donations, but only to cover your running costs and time spent).

The L2 Community as a whole has changed so much in the past 10 years. We've become much more demanding, while in the same time the game's golden times have long passed and there is much less to offer in terms of server quality. There are less enthusiasts like Emerald to provide a high quality server to play with nothing in return (whether it is customized or close to/retail like)...What I am trying to say, L2 community nowadays is too spoiled.

So, just a thank you for your efforts, and in that context, I wish the OvC community more patience and understanding ...

Yup, I agree.

I used to play L2 religiously, but now I am working a full time job and living the adult life. This server allows me to still enjoy L2, but on a casual level.

I agree, only thing i cant accept is we still trapped in tetrislude :(

2 hours ago, Soulka said:

I agree, only thing i cant accept is we still trapped in tetrislude :(

To me,Interlude is the best client,also c4,you wanna play on the latest client?where lineage is no longer lineage?

where lineage is no longer lineage?

That part, I used to say it myself once aswell, but I gave a chance to the higher game versions and I actually enjoyed them.

I'm not going to be forever stuck managing an interlude server, infact, I think this season was our last interlude season (hard words to say, it was easier to say it on High Five :D ).

The options we got on the table now are Helios and Classic.

Which game version we use shouldn't really matter much to you when it comes to "this is not lineage anymore", we are using our own unique gameplay, our own features, whatever l2 does there with their new server features matters nothing to us, infact you should be happier for getting a more stable client because the interlude client starts to be unbearable stability wise.

We'll use the new features l2 offers that are good for us, such as new bosses, new places for events, new gear and so on obviously.

Anyway I said it sometime ago but I'll say it again, our next season is going to run Helios, and after that there'll be a Classic server, its all already planned and being worked on, but there's defenitly no ETA for a new season, there's still tons of work to do.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Scaretactic said:

Yup, I agree.

I used to play L2 religiously, but now I am working a full time job and living the adult life. This server allows me to still enjoy L2, but on a casual level.

Good to see you are still around! Never saw you again since the old infinite l2 days

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

That part, I used to say it myself once aswell, but I gave a chance to the higher game versions and I actually enjoyed them.

I'm not going to be forever stuck managing an interlude server, infact, I think this season was our last interlude season (hard words to say, it was easier to say it on High Five :D ).

The options we got on the table now are Helios and Classic.

Which game version we use shouldn't really matter much to you when it comes to "this is not lineage anymore", we are using our own unique gameplay, our own features, whatever l2 does there with their new server features matters nothing to us, infact you should be happier for getting a more stable client because the interlude client starts to be unbearable stability wise.

We'll use the new features l2 offers that are good for us, such as new bosses, new places for events, new gear and so on obviously.

Anyway I said it sometime ago but I'll say it again, our next season is going to run Helios, and after that there'll be a Classic server, its all already planned and being worked on, but there's defenitly no ETA for a new season, there's still tons of work to do.

Good to know. I think Helios can be really funny, If you manage to find balance with so many small things that exist nowadays :D

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Tsuky said:

Good to see you are still around! Never saw you again since the old infinite l2 days

Yeah, this is my first server after infinitel2, I quit L2 for a long time. I am just back for nostalgias sake. I heard people were using my name for other servers /shrugs.

But mainly, I just play the first week of each wipe and quit once i've had my fun, L2 is just too time consuming.

Hey , i start playing again Lineage 2 since 2009 for your server. A friend of my played on H5 and suggested me to join as we did. This Interlude Season was your best, i saw h5 did hold that long as the previus interludes.

My suggestion is to improve with new events and gamestyle and fix your server from bugs much more. So a wipe on Interlude will be just fine i guess. Helios and Classic are new chronicles means less players,i don't know if pvp servers exist on this chronicle, plus you arleady got a huge community on IL.

Good luck

46 minutes ago, Xasiklis said:

Hey , i start playing again Lineage 2 since 2009 for your server. A friend of my played on H5 and suggested me to join as we did. This Interlude Season was your best, i saw h5 did hold that long as the previus interludes.

My suggestion is to improve with new events and gamestyle and fix your server from bugs much more. So a wipe on Interlude will be just fine i guess. Helios and Classic are new chronicles means less players,i don't know if pvp servers exist on this chronicle, plus you arleady got a huge community on IL.

Good luck

trust xasiklis about interlude client  he was running lot of servers cheating money from pooor brs 

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

Why you are not thinking about Gracia Final ? better balanced client than High five. it would be perfect GF. As I remember last h5 season was unbalanced that's why im saying.

Edited by Abc*

Hellbound was a nice chapter also.If we exclude OP element system without much resist its quite balanced chapter.Kamalols arent as op as in GF also.

Anyway whatever chapter will be,if its latter than Hi5 will be a fail ,because that isnt l2 animore.So any chapter before that will be good.

Edited by Tarzanule

Hi, I wanna thank you Emerald and all team, ofc to all community too (bad or good guys :D ) for this season, after 7 years of pause it was pretty nice to play again to a very good server but, Helios? Really?

As Abc said, Gracia Final is much balanced than H5, in my opinion the most balanced client of all chronicles. Obviosly its the team choice but I think Helios will fail hardest.

Regards,

My personal opinion is that the current Interlude client you're using is very close to being perfect. I wouldn't mind trying out Classic but I have zero interest in Helios/H5/GF. Even Hellbound would be better with some limits on elements, but, once again, it's just my personal opinion and it's worth what it's worth :)