• русский
  • Ελληνικά
  • Español
  • Português
  • Lietuvių kalba
Sign in to follow this  
somemage

Mages,Rune protection rate and so

My opinion about archers is just like archers are much easier to play than mage, i got dead eye/vicious stance/archery/bow mastery +10 and i hit 4,5-5k almost everyone at least. Mages need more skills to be enchanted in order to be competititive and that's the reason server is full of archers.

You just can't blame archers while there are so many more things that has to be nerfed like bishop score/assist or even land chance of vortex. I'm not talking about Mellany who got +10 chance i think even an Private (1) mage lands vortex 95%. I DONT BLAME it but just think before you post.

PS. I do not have attributes on weapon

PS2. Got baium/aq/icarus bow+10.

21 minutes ago, LondonGrammar said:

My opinion about archers is just like archers are much easier to play than mage, i got dead eye/vicious stance/archery/bow mastery +10 and i hit 4,5-5k almost everyone at least. Mages need more skills to be enchanted in order to be competititive and that's the reason server is full of archers.

You just can't blame archers while there are so many more things that has to be nerfed like bishop score/assist or even land chance of vortex. I'm not talking about Mellany who got +10 chance i think even an Private (1) mage lands vortex 95%. I DONT BLAME it but just think before you post.

PS. I do not have attributes on weapon

PS2. Got baium/aq/icarus bow+10.

yeah, just quit commenting on this topic please

Edited by somemage

9 hours ago, Mellany said:

i dont talking about my damage i dont need more i complane about rune of protection because something is wrong with that skill it even activates when i get physical damage. i can prove it next time when happens gonna upload video here.

It only tells that it triggers by dmg acquire and doesn't define what kind of dmg has to be. Btw it would be nice to see how it's working on some retail fraps.

image.png.79cfabb83d866deb2b10999d653514f9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, l0l said:

It only tells that it triggers by dmg acquire and doesn't define what kind of dmg has to be.

Trigger description {300; 20; diff} means activation when more than 300 damage taken with 20% probabiliy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Madlaxy said:

Trigger description {300; 20; diff} means activation when more than 300 damage taken with 20% probabiliy.

yep

2 hours ago, l0l said:

It only tells that it triggers by dmg acquire and doesn't define what kind of dmg has to be. Btw it would be nice to see how it's working on some retail fraps.

image.png.79cfabb83d866deb2b10999d653514f9.png

if u want to see it how it works on PTS h5 server feel free to pm me i have 100h+ fraps on decent h5 pts server and i can show u how it works 🙂

I checked the trigger chance of Protection of Rune and that's the reason why it triggers a lot:

skill_begin    skill_name=[s_protection_of_rune1]    skill_id=755    level=1    operate_type=P    magic_level=81    self_effect={}    effect={{p_magical_defence;{all};15;per};{p_trigger_skill_by_dmg;{enemy_all;1;99};{300;20;diff};[s_trigger_protection_of_rune1];self;{all}}}    multi_class=0    is_activation_skill=1    skill_end

skill_begin    skill_name=[s_protection_of_elemental1]    skill_id=756    level=1    operate_type=P    magic_level=81    self_effect={}    effect={{p_defence_attribute;attr_fire;20};{p_defence_attribute;attr_water;20};{p_defence_attribute;attr_wind;20};{p_defence_attribute;attr_earth;20};{p_trigger_skill_by_dmg;{enemy_all;1;99};{100;20;diff};[s_trigger_protection_of_rune1];self;{all}}}    multi_class=0    is_activation_skill=1    skill_end

skill_begin    skill_name=[s_protection_of_alignment1]    skill_id=757    level=1    operate_type=P    magic_level=81    self_effect={}    effect={{p_defence_attribute;attr_holy;20};{p_defence_attribute;attr_unholy;20};{p_trigger_skill_by_dmg;{enemy_all;1;99};{100;20;diff};[s_trigger_protection_of_rune1];self;{all}}}    multi_class=0    is_activation_skill=1    skill_end

All 3 skills (protection of rune/elemental/alignment) has a 20% chance to trigger Protection of Rune, so that makes sense.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I checked the trigger chance of Protection of Rune and that's the reason why it triggers a lot:

All 3 skills (protection of rune/elemental/alignment) has a 20% chance to trigger Protection of Rune, so that makes sense.

Op skill vs mage damage but its correct formula 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

3 hours ago, Dragonpower said:

Op skill vs mage damage but its correct formula 😉

Well, mages are a bit weak due to the fact it can trigger so often in conjunction with the mage nerfs applied.

5 hours ago, Emerald said:

21 minutes ago, Maasikas said:

Touching the runes formulas will create more untested chaos, it is easier to lessen the mage nerfs

Just an idea or a suggestion:

The rune system is a delicate system and affects all classes. It is harder to test and re-balance after.

And also think about classes with higher sustain stats - if you just lower the rune trigger chance it will trigger anyways fairly often since these "beasts/tanks/tyrants/gladis" sit in the middle of the fight getting damaged from every direction thus eventually gaining 100%++/s trigger chance.

On the contrary @Emerald you did a lot of mage nerf TESTS and boosts last season - maybe find an average from there and reduce the current mage nerfs instead of touching the rune formulas?

Edited by Maasikas

I don't think of doing anything atm, this is totally not important, all you guys talk about is making adjustments based on archers/mages, totally forgetting there are a dozen other classes out there.

Boosting mages will bring them back on par with archers, but will make all other classes even weaker than they already are in comparison.

If something will be done, then it will probably go to the direction of another small nerf to archers (about 5%) OR another option would be to completely remove archers nerf and introduce back Song of Windstorm, this will nerf archers, but at the price of a buffslot to all classes.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Emerald said:

another option would be to completely remove archers nerf and introduce back Song of Windstorm, this will nerf archers, but at the price of a buffslot to all classes.

Strongly agree with this option!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Emerald said:

another option would be to completely remove archers nerf and introduce back Song of Windstorm, this will nerf archers, but at the price of a buffslot to all classes.

Very many strongly agree. 

Edited by Maasikas

11 minutes ago, Maasikas said:

Very many strongly agree. 

I think nothing gonna change. Right now pr hitting with 15 dynasty bow qa baium 4-6k  even if u have 270 + fire/eart/dark attribute + elegia set.

40 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I don't think of doing anything atm, this is totally not important, all you guys talk about is making adjustments based on archers/mages, totally forgetting there are a dozen other classes out there.

Boosting mages will bring them back on par with archers, but will make all other classes even weaker than they already are in comparison.

If something will be done, then it will probably go to the direction of another small nerf to archers (about 5%) OR another option would be to completely remove archers nerf and introduce back Song of Windstorm, this will nerf archers, but at the price of a buffslot to all classes.

This game is ment to be played mainly with archers/mages we all agree that.The point of this topic was all about rune protection basically.Even if you nerf archers by 5% or bring windstorm etc. nothing will change trust me.Mages over nerfed but theyr still fine when you go againts non rune protection target.Stacked archer does 4-5k damage crit, the nerf you thinking to implement is gonna reduce their crit damage by 200-250 damage :) And we are not counting the archer's damage with real target, it goes up to 7k~.

You can easily see, and im sure you are already aware whats going on.Whole server playing double zerk with dynasty jewels(most of archers) and mages still cant kill them under rune protection.

And imagine us trying to kill tyrants/tanks/gladi etc. it takes 20 30 seconds lol.(mages cant 1v1 tyrant/glad btw)

The nerf on protection rune is neccesary, and nerfing archers wont solve the problem of this season. Thanks. @Emerald

7 minutes ago, somemage said:

The nerf on protection rune is neccesary, and nerfing archers wont solve the problem of this season. Thanks. @Emerald

50% Agree

Edited by Maasikas

23 minutes ago, somemage said:

Yes, that will just lower the archers dmg, but all the other classes will be still strong. 

Maybe try keeping the archers nerf as it is and reduce the rune trigger rate. Instead of 20% + 20% + 20% to 5%?