• русский
  • Ελληνικά
  • Español
  • Português
  • Lietuvių kalba
Sign in to follow this  
Madlaxy

Players leave when their progress slows down

Previous season showed that players farm S80 / low S84 and rank 6 approximately at same time (4-7 days from server start).

It's the very moment they come to a problem: they can't farm S84 being in S80 due to penalities.

1. Some continue running in S on maybe a new character. Still this doesn't increase player count in events.

2. Some prefer staying out of the game till most of the players get middle gear.

3. Some don't see way to farm higher gear grade / epic accessories and just leave the server.

But the consequence is the same every time: server losing poplulation. It decreases due to player progress heavily slowing down.

Obtaining S80 is ok, obtaining S84 being in S80 is four times harder. Only very few players out of thousands farm to full gear.

Nonlinear increase in difficulty is normal for official server. But is bad for private server. Private server can't effort losing old players in favor of newbies.

At least remove dependancy of reward on achievement rank for players who want to make a subclass to farm and / or to try a new class.

And maybe make kind of progressive gameplay when player can exchange lower gear for higher gear and won't be affraid that all his enchants and attribute stones were wasted for lower gear.

Do you know how many adena you need to be full gear? more than 2 million adena. Me personally to make my vorpal set lvl 7 from lvl 4 not 0 cost me almost 1 mllion. The crystal attribute rate is ridiculous. You need to spend lots of hours playing with high population to be full gear otherwise you can't afford it 😄 And i'm talking about attributes in armor only.I'm not talking about overenchant your armor/weapon/jewels + weapon attribute. And also let's not talk about skill enchantment...i spend more than 2 million to make almost all of my skills +30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fakin'er ai',   where u get all those million from ? . Dolla' , Dollah'  Bill Y'All. 

Edited by Zirconium

A friend who quit gave me Elegia set+9,Archangel 300 wind,Ring of Beleth and also i had a second vorpal light set. I sold them all and i had like 1.5 million but the funny thing is that it wasn't enough to make me full gear 😄  As i said if you want to be full/top gear you need really high population otherwise you can't afford it. Even with donate you need spend more than 600-700 euro and still you won't be top.

• Like 2

idk i just observed this seas. xD. .... I'm not into this sh1t. )))))))))))  And i can't have any opinions aswell cause idk the program , Out Of My League :-j . It's mind blowing for me .

Edited by Zirconium

33 minutes ago, TheStinger said:

As i said if you want to be full/top gear you need really high population otherwise you can't afford it.

Exactly!

Players are leaving without even touching endgame content. Only few players stay to obtain it.

In lategame I'd rather see all 100 players in top gear than 10 players in top gear + 20 players in middle/low gear + 70 players already not playing because they can't afford it!

Players should not end season in low grade! Every player leaving in low grade is loss for the server.

I already reduced the prices of BOGs/LS/S80/S84 items.

I also reduced the penalty of killing weaker players by 30%.

So what's the idea of this topic exactly...? because i'm not going to reduce it more without watching how it goes.

I don't think it's about prices! Prices are fine except codex mastery. I believe one the problems are the materials. S84 armor/weapon require huge amount of materials and the material boxes are so few. I was gathering almost 2500 material boxes every night with one more person which means 1250 each. And from these boxes i was getting like 110 MA 90 CL 103 Cry S. Imagine how many material boxes a solo player need to craft both armor and weapon. The amount of materials you get compared to IL is very low. I think it's a major problem for people to enjoy. Personal opinion.

37 minutes ago, Emerald said:

So what's the idea of this topic exactly...?

The idea is not to reduce prices, but to make player progress more linear and stable.

For example, player can farm top S84 in say 15 days.

Then make an option that the same player can farm S80 in 5 days and buy it, then farm another 5 days in S80 and exchange S80 into low S84 with some extra cost. Another 5 days of farming and player exchanges low S84 into top S84.

This way player always sees the opportunity of going next gear tier without farming all the price from scratch. Player sees that character constantly grows and becomes stronger.

Of couse, new players can have opportunity to farm faster. Exchanging at some extra cost makes life much easier for casual players who don't want to spend time on buying / selling.

In contrast, now this progress is broken.

Most players run in S grade, then farm S80 / low S84 and leave server in 5-10 days. Only few farm S84 and leave server in 15 days.

The idea is to make as many players as possible stay 15 days and get top S84.

Can be the reason in players? Because some people know something. And other beginners, and administrative wants to find balance, there where his physically not can be. Because different classes have different tasks. 1 vs 1 \ 5 vs 5 \ 30 vs 30 it's not same. Example.  TK \ Pal \ SK it's different classes. Different task. Where are the support classes? why not make them stronger.

Testers are also a good job.

Better get ready for season 3.  Read post "Reward for old players." 

Edited by Vima

I played this game for 12 years. This game is not about balance. It's about different tasks for different people.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, Emerald said:

I already reduced the prices of BOGs/LS/S80/S84 items.

I also reduced the penalty of killing weaker players by 30%.

So what's the idea of this topic exactly...? because i'm not going to reduce it more without watching how it goes.

That's perfect

On 11/30/2019 at 7:17 PM, TheStinger said:

I don't think it's about prices! Prices are fine except codex mastery. I believe one the problems are the materials. S84 armor/weapon require huge amount of materials and the material boxes are so few. I was gathering almost 2500 material boxes every night with one more person which means 1250 each. And from these boxes i was getting like 110 MA 90 CL 103 Cry S. Imagine how many material boxes a solo player need to craft both armor and weapon. The amount of materials you get compared to IL is very low. I think it's a major problem for people to enjoy. Personal opinion.

Increase solo player droprate/amount of mat boxes 100%. if 2 ppl in pt 50%, 3 ppl in pt and 25% and 4 ppl 0% increase

On 12/1/2019 at 12:43 AM, Vima said:

I played this game for 12 years. This game is not about balance.

This is true, there is no way to balance this game. 

If the new players are equal to the old ones it comes to the question why the old ones spend money on items -  they expect to have an advantage, but seriously because they know how the game is made.

New ones and those with little play time want to be equal to the old ones and those who play a lot -  stupid desire and they should know itBut ... the community here ... no comment  😮 

Over the years, I have seen various attempts to support new players on such servers one of the most successful with rewards from events, but even that doesn't help just prolongs the server life by a bit.

People play to have an advantage over others and if they don't get it they leave.  This is normal and is true in every game and in real life.

The word balance in this server has become a perversion -  try to balance the life of an arab sheikh and a homeless indian - it's the same they cannot be equal 😛 

Well players leaving cause the l2 community now adays is waaay different compared to previous years.As i remember before 5-6 years at ovc server was full for 1-1,5 month and then starting to fall ( totally 3 months open with good online ). People now adays play for 2 hours/day and they expect to be in top geared people and that cannot be done and then they leave.You can't compare yourself to a guy who plays 10 hours/day and u play just 2 its normally that this guy gonna have x3 more your items(maybe more). I remember a lot of "legends" who played for 4-5 seasons at interlude and now they left cause server became newbie friendly... L2 is not newbie friendly and when u try to make it people gonna leave of course.The only Emerald's mistake at my opinion is he makes so many changes AFTER server launch and that's the worst thing u can do to a server especially at a gve server.Just take a loot at this last season h5, a lot of people made sph then emerald nerfed them it's ok they didn't left at all and then emerald just nerf sph more!!!! So i guy who spend so many adena to mage gear MUST sell them for reroll in order to be competitive. Some other people made archer party and emerald reduced critical wtf? all these changes why? What's the point to open an C6 server and buff/nerf almost all classes? and then open H5 server and DO THE SAME THING? YOU CANNOT BALANCE LINEAGE2. L2 needs time if u got no time u can't reach top.If u make server so newbies can reach top then TOP players will leave cause you throw away their progress.

P.S Community makes the game don't forget that.

• Thanks 1