Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maasikas

Resume Progressive game play (partially) and some other thoughts

5 posts in this topic

Just some ideas, thoughts: discuss.

Some interlude seasons ago progressive game play was enabled and It had a lot of negative side effects. After 1 week A grade was completely free, thus who invested several game hours quit since new players could acquire their status instantly. 
How about to implement this feature half way in H5? Progressive game play should be enabled until Vesper is completely free, depending on how many S80, S84 items are bought. Every set of items bought, the price lowers step by step (every item bought 0.05%). Elegia and Vorpal shall never be free. Enable costum Attribute system for (elegia, vorpal) items to get attribute lvl 450 on weps and also 200 on armors. Those items shall be called something else than stones.
Boss jewels are restricted for 7 days after server stat, so is FA to adena in npc. Elegia and Vorpal from SHOP are restricted for 7 days.

Strange machine should be enabled, This concept was interesting. Sacrifice 10x items to increase enchant rate for (skills, weps, armors, augmentation). After entering 10 items the 11-th enchant item USED would use the enchant rate determined by the sacrifice machine. Perhaps this machine would be too overpowered for H5, so maybe sacrifice 10x Agathion stones to acuire super agathion stones which increase success rate by 24%for weapons instead of 12%. Whilst top players are sacrificing items, low players can sell these items and their progress is boosted and the cap of items can be lifted more quickly. So top players also dont whine about getting too few rewards whilst killing lowbies.

Options:
a. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Dont nerf mage AOE and aura blast skill. Instead nerf Empowering echo: on sph: Decrease casting speed by 10% and increase mp consumption by 35%. Also, add this skill to other mages in a nerfed manner?
b. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Dont nerf mage AOE but nerf aura blast dmg by 30% and crit chance by 10%. 
c. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. 2x delay on aura blast. 
d. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Remove Emp Echo, add + 3 WIT to sph.

Expert skills and books were a perfect feature in interlude, these also can be and should be implemented to H5. I mean, their effects should be reduced significantly, but slight diversity is always fun. Especially the Scavanger Exper skill, for more adena drop!

I liked the old L2 ovc times, where you could have ranks lvl over 100+; This is more progressive, fun and rewarding - please bring it back. Players can acquire ranks more easily but with lesser rewards. Even acquiring mere adena for ranking up is fun. For every 30 levels one expert book shall be acquired. 

Vitality should be utilized more: If a player has full vitality, increase adena drop, item drop by 400%. Vitality shall be restored every 24h for one block, and fully every Monday morning. Vitality shall drop by score acquired?

Increase the epic boss events! I've been playing since the beginning and i've seen 2x AQ, 1x valakas and 1x antharas. Reduce their re spawn time. Increase their respawn rate during active hours! OR make a baseline of active players, and when there are the most active players then the chance of re spawning an epic boss is HIGHER. Restrict epic spawns during nighttime. There should be no restriction during weekends.

PS: NEVER ever remove the grade penalty feature. This way, normal players have chances vs nolifers and wallet heroes.
PS: DO NOT bring back interlude, keep working on H5. I will and most of the community will support it, even with real donations.

Edited by Maasikas

13 hours ago, Maasikas said:

Some interlude seasons ago progressive game play was enabled and It had a lot of negative side effects. After 1 week A grade was completely free, thus who invested several game hours quit since new players could acquire their status instantly. 
How about to implement this feature half way in H5? Progressive game play should be enabled until Vesper is completely free, depending on how many S80, S84 items are bought. Every set of items bought, the price lowers step by step (every item bought 0.05%). Elegia and Vorpal shall never be free. Enable costum Attribute system for (elegia, vorpal) items to get attribute lvl 450 on weps and also 200 on armors. Those items shall be called something else than stones.
Boss jewels are restricted for 7 days after server stat, so is FA to adena in npc. Elegia and Vorpal from SHOP are restricted for 7 days.

Progressive gameplay will never be introduced back, it was replaced with the gear dependent reward system which is basically the same thing, just without annoying old players - the more geared old players get, the better  rewards newbies get from them.

Restricted items in shops was only done to avoid donations on first day, since donations for adena opens only a week later, i dont see reason to limit players progress, especially when they can anyway get such items from grand bosses.

Strange machine should be enabled, This concept was interesting. Sacrifice 10x items to increase enchant rate for (skills, weps, armors, augmentation). After entering 10 items the 11-th enchant item USED would use the enchant rate determined by the sacrifice machine. Perhaps this machine would be too overpowered for H5, so maybe sacrifice 10x Agathion stones to acuire super agathion stones which increase success rate by 24%for weapons instead of 12%. Whilst top players are sacrificing items, low players can sell these items and their progress is boosted and the cap of items can be lifted more quickly. So top players also dont whine about getting too few rewards whilst killing lowbies.

Strange machine will also never be added back, most people didn't understand it at all, stuff need to be kept simple.

Options:
a. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Dont nerf mage AOE and aura blast skill. Instead nerf Empowering echo: on sph: Decrease casting speed by 10% and increase mp consumption by 35%. Also, add this skill to other mages in a nerfed manner?
b. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Dont nerf mage AOE but nerf aura blast dmg by 30% and crit chance by 10%. 
c. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. 2x delay on aura blast. 
d. Dont remove cat and pony buffs. Remove Emp Echo, add + 3 WIT to sph.

For now enough modifications were made, see the last changelist.

Expert skills and books were a perfect feature in interlude, these also can be and should be implemented to H5. I mean, their effects should be reduced significantly, but slight diversity is always fun. Especially the Scavanger Exper skill, for more adena drop!

I liked the old L2 ovc times, where you could have ranks lvl over 100+; This is more progressive, fun and rewarding - please bring it back. Players can acquire ranks more easily but with lesser rewards. Even acquiring mere adena for ranking up is fun. For every 30 levels one expert book shall be acquired. 

Vitality should be utilized more: If a player has full vitality, increase adena drop, item drop by 400%. Vitality shall be restored every 24h for one block, and fully every Monday morning. Vitality shall drop by score acquired?

None of these will be done, if there's a retail feature that can replace custom feature, it'll be taken (in this case cert skills over expert skills), I could however increase the adena rate abit to make up for the expert scavenge loss (since everybody was picking it anyway).

Increase the epic boss events! I've been playing since the beginning and i've seen 2x AQ, 1x valakas and 1x antharas. Reduce their re spawn time. Increase their respawn rate during active hours! OR make a baseline of active players, and when there are the most active players then the chance of re spawning an epic boss is HIGHER. Restrict epic spawns during nighttime. There should be no restriction during weekends.

Don't see a reason to increase boss events rate, even right now all bosses except freya are dead anyway so what's the point...you were simply unlucky.

There is a bigger chance for boss events to run during weekends, however at nighttimes etc the rate is the same (why would someone who can only play at night not enjoy boss events?)

@Emerald Remove fucking drops from raidbosses im saying this from few seasons

Add something elsere but no weapons,armors also and rb jws

please incr the drop for players with top gear men i have 1fcking top s84 wep and valakas and im not getting anything thats so annoying im saying this hundred times i dont why you make it so fcking hard 

change the farm system !!!