Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chevignon

Attribute Test

16 posts in this topic

Hello dear community,

as promised i did a test with the attribute system in different situations.

Please have in mind that this is just a start and i will continue other tests in the next days.

First of all you might be interested in if we have the Pre or Post Freya System.

https://www.lineage2universe.com/images/attribute-system/attribute-system-breakpoints-difference.png

According to my test the pre freya System is applied as you can see yourself on the pictures below

Shot00050.jpg

Shot00051.jpg

Now we had allot of people (including me) who were unsure if this system in his current case will bring allot of unbalance to newbies.

So i did several tests with different setups starting with the startergear and ending up in atleast high end attribute/skill enchant. (i didnt tested it with +++ weapons or s84 weapons for now)

In my first test we have a GK lvl 82 with starting gear (non enchanted skills but with str dyes) vs a Storm Screamer lvl 82 with starting gear (non enchanted skills but with +wit+int+con dyes). Both have a standard buff setup. In defence Case the Mage dont uses zerg and is using COV instead of Magnus. So beware that the dmg output would be higher if you go class cannon build.

Shot00000.jpg

Shot00001.jpg

As you can see most of the defence values are around 100 with starting gear.

I tested it with ogre and Hurricance Aussault (which is in the most situations the strongest attack of a tyrant) with full 8 forces

Shot00004.jpg

In the next Picture i added 150 fire elemental to the Fists and were repeating the Test (please dont hang me because i didnt show the weapon in the skilltest picture)

Shot00006.jpg

Shot00007.jpg

As you can see adding 150 Elemental just increase the Dmg by around 6,5 % to the starter Gear.

Now i added 300 Fire Element to the weapon and got this results

Shot00010.jpg

As it can be seen the dmg increased allot. By around 70 % once you maxed it out.

Since both chars were lvl 82 i also tested the impact of the lvl difference between 82 to 85 which had the following result.

Shot00011.jpg

As it can be seen the dmg difference is kinda low. (this doesnt have any meaningfullness to debuffs which might get other results)

Last but not least i did a dmg test with a +15 enchanted hurricane assault and a +30 one.

Shot00012.jpg

Shot00013.jpg

as it can be seen a lvl 15 skill doesnt made any difference. Just the lvl 30 one had an impact to increase the dmg by around 6 % compared to a unenchanted one. ( In this moment i was attacking with 370 fire power in total)

please take in mind that other defence attribute stats could/will lead to other dmg outputs. For example to get the full 100% dmg bonus in this test you would need 400 fire power in total which isnt reachable. Also dont forget about the Protection triggers which even lift up this limit since they increase the attribute resist values)

Now we doing it the opposite Test with the Storm Screamer on the Tyrant with the same circumstances.

Before you start to talk about: Yes i know the tyrant isnt the best testdummy since he have a high base wit for a fighter and ogre totem which gives another 30 %. I might do another test with for example an archer

in the future. However lets start

Shot00003.jpg

The first hit was a normal hurricance with 0 attribute on the weapon. The 2nd hit was with the protection trigger on the target.

Now with 150 attribute on the weapon

Shot00005.jpg

As it can be seen we already have an increase in dmg. the last hit was with an active protection trigger again.

Now with 300 attribute

Shot00015.jpg

As you can see we have a dmg icnrease by around 30 %. Second hit was with the protection trigger again.

Now with +15 hurricance for vulnerability

Shot00016.jpg

now with +30

Shot00017.jpg

last test was with a +16 weapon +valakas with 13k of matk

Shot00020.jpg

please take in mind that its not easy to get a 300 weapon since crystals have a high fail chance. Also a +16 weapon wont be seen that often. But +10 for sure.

My conclusion of this test is that the starting gear with attributes is well made but once people starting to get top gear (enchants/high attributes/skill enchants/epics) its a pain for low and mid geared people since the dmg from tyrants/gladis and mages are insane. In my tests i saw often crits for 4 or 5k dmg (mages did it with slug) which means most newbies are down in 2-3 hits.

In my opinion the attributes should be limited to lvl 4 (150 on weapon/60 on each armor part) to avoid such imbalance after some progress.

Let us know your opinion about.

Cincerly Chevignon :)

2 people like this

I'm concerned that you guys are so worried about attribute damage in H5, when pvp damage is the way to go in H5.

31 minutes ago, Star65 said:

I'm concerned that you guys are so worried about attribute damage in H5, when pvp damage is the way to go in H5.

In the case of attributes it just was to fulfill all possibilities since it was allways a problem in the last H5 seasons.

8 hours ago, Star65 said:

First we dont have h5 atte system  its before freya.

PVP bonus Its individual thing about every class like final secret(other skills)/gear pvp bonus, but atte system its basic mechanic for every class only diffrence its for fighters( max dmage atte damage its around 360-70 i dont remmber/play long time ) and mages(max damage with slug can go till 530 atte damage? but its easy to make 400-450). But like i say before 

On 7.10.2019 at 8:00 AM, Venth said:

You talk about game braking mechnic and you dont see that you cant farm here like on other hight rates. This will brake games first beacous damage will by hard to read. I see things like that make atte easy to get and then buff or nerf classes. Atte system its ground mechanic since kamael if not for example  "sws with full  attte can rape almost all classes w/o atte."

Like in my or silence  suggestion that was denied direction to go its:

1st option- free lvl 4 atte(1 normal stone = 1 lvl up), for crystals you need spend adena or farm it( normal lvling).

2nd option - its delate crystal  stons from gmshop/drop so max atte lvl will by 4.

I hope @Emerald can do one of this options  so we can start proper beta stage and look into individual classes/mechanics

Edited by Venth

ps. better 1st option ppl will not have feeling that they lost some room to expand something/ lose curent beta  atte lvls

My point wasnt referring that Attirbutes themselves are strong.

its about how TOO-WELL they scale, you did the in test 50% i would say, theres also PvP duel might aug, both passive and active, we have belts with passive PvP skill attack and finally, final secret which provides another 30%, i believe if u would scale them all with skills+30, tyrant would one-Hurricane any mage without Mana Shield. :)

Glads/daggers have enchant Duel which is even more ridiculous dmg.

14 hours ago, Chevignon said:

In my opinion the attributes should be limited to lvl 4 (150 on weapon/60 on each armor part) to avoid such imbalance after some progress.

Let us know your opinion about.

Cincerly Chevignon :)

Anyway, 

Im more than happy with that conclusion :)

Great job @Chevignon

@Silence Of Course you are right. You can add soo much other stuff that influence the dmg. For example i also didnt used Epics. (except valakas in the last screen).

Chevi,

if you follow chronologically( GF->H5) updates made by NCSoft you will understand what the problems of the game were and how they tried to solve them.

I will not explain about stun, paralysis kamaels in general but I think you will understand my thought.

The attributes system has evolved in every single chronicle until NCSoft came to the decision that maximizing the attribute of weapons and armor should be easy for everyone.

They made the stones drop high, in many locations and added the ability to exchange stones.

I guarantee you that you will not do as many tests as NCSoft test team did to reach that conclusion. These people have spent thousands of hours testing all the possible scenarios and after much analysis, they have reached the best possible solution -  maximum attributes should be easily accessible.

To resolve any issues you have with server setup you can track what NCSoft were trying to do. There are many gaps in your testing that you can't predict alone.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Chevignon said:

I will not use this source, I don't find it reliable, read through the topic and you'll see why.

In particular that graph was built by "tests made by other players", which the topic author simply merged into a single graph and posted it, he did not actually made any of these tests himself nor verified them.

Plus our formula is neither the pre nor the post freya graph that is shown there, it is something completely different.

25 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Plus our formula is neither the pre nor the post freya graph that is shown there, it is something completely different.

Could you enlighten us with atte  damage bonus formula working right now?

ps. @Chevignon test didnt show huge unbalance damage boost?

Edited by Venth

1 hour ago, Venth said:

ps. @Chevignon test didnt show huge unbalance damage boost?

I was talking about the formula, not the damage.

I will nerf attribute damage bonus by 20% after next update, that should be enough for the start and can be easily adjusted further if needed.

3 people like this