Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PreVy

Dagger Skills - AW/PW

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would start with a question repeated over a thousand times,

I would like to know with how many percentages is decreased the Focus Death | Focus Power Skills power, compared on original effect of the skills,

Also I would like to know, Why I am dealing less damage with Deadly Blow compared to Backstab , since those two skills are having almost the same skill power(even Deadly Blow has more power )

Thank you in advance.

P.S. If need a proof, I can prepare anytime :)

Backstab always had a bonus dmg by default,about 20-30% compared to deadly blow.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The damage is ok(ish),the lethal success ehh but the worst of all things is that bluff is a dead skill,i dont even use it with this 1/100 landrate i dont know if its ever gonna be fixed but it surely needs too,i mean if you go on 2 mages you need to bluff the first in order to win this fight,i mean to kill the 1 of them,lets be honest..dont forget you are allready with 10 buff less for just moving on them,my point is nukers are discustingly strong with this 100% cancel success rate and if you are a melee your only chance is either to him be afk or hit someone else to kill him,archers now fixed and not missing all the time (previous season you had to play with the accuracy expertise,dont think im kidding..but now its legit),now..5 out of 10 maps is unplayble for someone that is a main melee lets say main dagger,he just afk 15 mins waiting the opposite team to rush to jump on someone and hopefully get a kill,to close it out i just want to mention that some other GvE servers is aware about this unfairness lets say of melee classes and for example the Elf Dagger that i played had Fake Death LvL 2 which works like a trick but its like 90% landrate so when you engage the fight and lets say 3 ppl focusing you,you can double click it fast to reset the threat on you or even avoid a cancel from a mage because its also stoping the enemys cast,the last part was me dreaming about an OvC with this feature but i just felt the need to put this on the table,lets just wait for Emerald now :)

Edited by Deity

Fake Death should cancel targets when used but here it's a useless skill

1 hour ago, Balistical said:

Fake Death should cancel targets when used but here it's a useless skill

There is a long way until fake death, since bluff/blinding aint working as they should.

38 minutes ago, ifym said:

There is a long way until fake death, since bluff/blinding aint working as they should.

instead of telling us in every topic what doesnt work could you consider to tell exactly how things should work ?

Thats means any video sources, source codes whatever because otherwise your words are nothing else as feelings how things should have to work in your opinion

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, ifym said:

ah yes,forgot to mention that,blinding blow says "It causes the enemy to show hes/her back" my source is the skill that i was reading 5 secs ago and pmfun if you want to check it out @Chevignon

1 person likes this

bluff and blinding blow is actually the only way to kill a necro for example as a dagger,bluff never lands and blinding is just a skill to give you movespeed here :/

3 hours ago, Chevignon said:

instead of telling us in every topic what doesnt work could you consider to tell exactly how things should work ?

Thats means any video sources, source codes whatever because otherwise your words are nothing else as feelings how things should have to work in your opinion

I guess you understand that its a bit harsh to find things since 2006-7.  And its not my opinion, we are playing this game since ages now and i was lucky enough to even play on l2 off back then as a teenager.

About bluff as i can recall from the first days of c5 it was pretty much 100% which they nerfed later in interlude. Still targets back was turning on use of bluff, with way lower chance on cancel and stun which as you allready said was depended on mental+resist shock/con.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33328FF9487CE8C4&feature=view_all

Above some of gustavs video back in the day. That guy was always on backstab use after a bluff, even if the bluff resisted. And as i remember he was one of the tops back then.

About the blinding blow im 100% sure that even if the blinding blow fails the enemy turns his back no matter  what. And that was the power of aw/pw back in the days.

Im not asking for changes allready called that, but would love to see some effect on blinding since touching bluff could be a bit op even if  its grounded to 0 right now.

About the servers balance the problem to be honest isnt the broken bluff/blinding and 0 chance on switch/tricks but the abuse of cancel. Since all a dagger can do is just spamming a lethal/deadly from front while he got 2-3 cancels on him, not to mention that all the above must be into a close range map

2 people like this

22 hours ago, ifym said:

I guess you understand that its a bit harsh to find things since 2006-7.  And its not my opinion, we are playing this game since ages now and i was lucky enough to even play on l2 off back then as a teenager.

About bluff as i can recall from the first days of c5 it was pretty much 100% which they nerfed later in interlude. Still targets back was turning on use of bluff, with way lower chance on cancel and stun which as you allready said was depended on mental+resist shock/con.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33328FF9487CE8C4&feature=view_all

Above some of gustavs video back in the day. That guy was always on backstab use after a bluff, even if the bluff resisted. And as i remember he was one of the tops back then.

About the blinding blow im 100% sure that even if the blinding blow fails the enemy turns his back no matter  what. And that was the power of aw/pw back in the days.

Im not asking for changes allready called that, but would love to see some effect on blinding since touching bluff could be a bit op even if  its grounded to 0 right now.

About the servers balance the problem to be honest isnt the broken bluff/blinding and 0 chance on switch/tricks but the abuse of cancel. Since all a dagger can do is just spamming a lethal/deadly from front while he got 2-3 cancels on him, not to mention that all the above must be into a close range map

Hello ifym and thanks for your input.

I took the time to take a look on your video source and have to be inconsistent with your arguments about bluff.

Take a look at this video of your source:

I started to check out his bluffs, his effect and which skill he uses right after

1:03 bluff - failed - lethal

1:17 bluff - failed - lethal

3:02 bluff - failed - not sure

3:16 bluff from the enemy - failed - not sure

3:20 bluff - failed - not sure

3:41 bluff - failed - deadly blow

4:18 bluff - failed - lethal

i stopped watching after because till then he didnt landed even a single bluff on his enemys

So in conclusion of this i dont see anything wrong with bluff on our server and i also dont see him using backstab after at any time and cant confirm anything youve said above about the skill bluff.

Since Th doesnt have blinding blow all are welcome to share facts, that the skill doesnt works like it should. But please check your source before that we dont get the same result as we got with bluff here now.

On 22.8.2019 at 4:18 PM, Deity said:

ah yes,forgot to mention that,blinding blow says "It causes the enemy to show hes/her back" my source is the skill that i was reading 5 secs ago and pmfun if you want to check it out @Chevignon

Hello Deity, thx for your input.

I know about this skill description but as you might know L2 is known for wrong descriptions since it exists.

If you find any video source of blinding blow it would be great to have an idea about the chance that the enemy shows his back if so

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Chevignon said:

So inconclusion of this i dont see anything wrong with bluff on our server and i also dont see him using backstab after at any time and cant confirm anything youve said above about the skill bluff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpYBQYkIeo

Imagine something like this, +emerald words from older season.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:12 PM, Emerald said:

Blinding Blow turn back effect does work, but unlike bluff skill, it has no stun effect, so basically your target can still move freely right after it got the turn back effect, making it not really visible.

From c4 scions of destiny patch notes:

Bluff (77): Tricks the enemy into showing its back. Instantly puts the enemy in a stunned state. Must be equipped with a dagger.(note: This skill works in PvP as well as PvE. The enemy is turned around (100%) and loses his/her target. The stun effect of the skill has a low landing rate, and breaks more easily than the usual stun. Cooldown time is 40 seconds.)

Its funny how we came to conclusion that gustavs wasnt using bs after bluff from a 30sec video on total with 7 attempts.

A player who was trying again and again to fight and win eventually his grouped enemies and make those kind of videos.

Anyway im out of this since this class looks like a taboo from dark ages.

Edited by ifym

1 hour ago, ifym said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpYBQYkIeo

Imagine something like this, +emerald words from older season.

From c4 scions of destiny patch notes:

Bluff (77): Tricks the enemy into showing its back. Instantly puts the enemy in a stunned state. Must be equipped with a dagger.(note: This skill works in PvP as well as PvE. The enemy is turned around (100%) and loses his/her target. The stun effect of the skill has a low landing rate, and breaks more easily than the usual stun. Cooldown time is 40 seconds.)

Its funny how we came to conclusion that gustavs wasnt using bs after bluff from a 30sec video on total with 7 attempts.

A player who was trying again and again to fight and win eventually his grouped enemies and make those kind of videos.

Anyway im out of this since this class looks like a taboo from dark ages.

Hello ifym, thanks for your affords and input again.

According to the video about blinding blow (even when its from some private server) i wil do a deeper investigation how it works on our server and do some tests about chances etc.

I will post my results later on in this topic. (please give me some time for since im currently very busy in RL)

About bluff you probably missunderstand the skill/skilldescription.

The enemy isnt turned around with 100% chance. The enemy is turned around with 100% baselandrate WHEN the skill bluff themself lands. (otherwise in the fraps from offi enemys would allways turned around)

So first of all there is a chance to land the bluff. And after that you have chances to turn the enemy around, cancel his target and/or stun the target depending on the resists.

About my conclusion of gastav doesnt use backstabs after bluff:

This conclusion was made according your argument: "That guy was always on backstab use after a bluff, even if the bluff resisted"

7 resisted bluffs and zero backstabs speaks, atleast in this case, for themself.

@Chevignon to quote your "So in conclusion of this i dont see anything wrong with bluff on our server and i also dont see him using backstab after at any time and cant confirm anything youve said above about the skill bluff."

I'm not sure if it's cause you dont play this server or what but for you to even logically say that is absolutely insane. I do not play dagger on this server but it is pretty obvious something is wrong with bluff here. Based on the last 3-4 seasons i've played here, I think i've had bluff landed on me maybe 2-3 times in 3-4 seasons combined. While stun shot, warlord stun, etc all land consistently through resist shock, anthy/zaken, castle crown resist etc. So let's just say, the skill is working as intended (which it doesn't) on this server, the land rate is absolutely busted at least. 

If not, then something is seriously busted about the warlord stuns, stun shot, dwarf level 1 stun, etc.

1 person likes this