Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifym

Skills in general

14 posts in this topic

So its a custom server but help us out to understand this. This post has nothing to do with nerfs or boosts i just need to know thats all.

Cancel is about 100% even on 2k m.deff with mental/arcane.

Bluff is about ... i dont even know, less than 15%. Should at least turn enemy's back but it seems that even this doesnt work.

Blinding blow the same. Should show enemies back even if skill fail. Thats not the case here.

Stuns. Like 100% even with resist/zaken/anthy on you. Nothing seems to works against it. Con doesnt affect it either.

Trance. Its the new plague i guess. Epic chance to land and in that duration you just pay a visit on your kitchen to make a coffee or a tea.

Surrenders looks tricky aswell. They base on caster's m.atk? Target's m.def?

Aggression? its totally 100%.

Lethal aswell seems wrong with the damage it does. Or more like deadly is somehow nerfed? Since backstab has same power but in a target's back both do way different damage.

So the real question is whats the role of m.def, mental, arcane, resist shock etc in this server. And since we are  talking about resists, buff slots are important in this one.

1 person likes this

First you should use the forum search, cause most of your answers are here. Some would say it is useless to answer that, but maybe it will help others.

CANCEL:
Cancel is not a "debuff". It is a "removal-buff". Like Warrior/Mage Bane.

"Removal-buff" have close to 100% land rate on retail. That's why Hero Pole is called "cancel stick", you cancel your target's buffs on each critical made with the pole. Almost no chance to resist it (on retail again ^^).
That's why EE use no weapon while using blockww in olympiad against Tanks. They don't get the reflect debuff (cause of low M.Atk when reflected), but the "removal-buff" part of blockww will land even with 0 M.Atk, because it doesn't depends on that. Video proof below from Teon. Starts at 3:25.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM6hssxhIqU

Therefore, your M.Def doesn't matter. Epics dont matter. Only matters the level of your buff that gets cancelled (if you have wind walk +15 cost, it has more chance to resist, against warrior bane too for example) and some buff that says "resist to remove-buff attacks" like arcane protection.

I remember a similar old server (x)) where cancelled buffs didn't come back, you had to be out of combat and type/use a macro to rebuff. Nobody complained.

TRANCE:
When you reach a certain amount of resist (streambuff+expert+valakas+clanskills), you are almost immune to sleep. And with just Mental Shield and Expert you resist already pretty well. Kinda first time I see a complain about sleep skills.

DAGGER BLOWS:
Read this, maybe more, use forum search. Some discussions on blow damage.

Anyway, since dagger is doing more than fine, even if it is a "fix" (bluff, dmg from blows, soulshot bonus, etc.), it might need some rework on balance when it wasn't needed for this class before (but that's just my opinion here).

For the rest, read my first sentence. And bring proofs if you think something is wrong, because Emerald will do nothing without proof. And proving the land rate of something on Interlude retail... well...

1 person likes this

Other link for dagger discussion 

And you clearly see in the squeez video a duelist that doesn't turn his back when bluffed.

I dont think there is dmg problem with daggers, your skills crit just enough times i think, but the bluff skill it self, doesnt even worth to put it on bar.

22 minutes ago, Canou said:

Other link for dagger discussion 

And you clearly see in the squeez video a duelist that doesn't turn his back when bluffed.

Which part of my first line you didnt understand?

ITS A CUSTOM SERVER NOT A RETAIL and IM ASKING to see how things works HERE IN THIS SERVER once more not in retail.

About the bluff and gladi. The back will turn no matter  what even if the visual isnt clear. If i can recall corect there was a video back then for this one.

Still once more. I dont ask for changes or whatever. I just want a clear answer about the way they work here. Since the main post about features and fix arent clear enough.

Dude you say something wrong about cancel and you say help me out. My first instinct was right. Just use search.

2 minutes ago, Canou said:

Dude you say something wrong about cancel and you say help me out. My first instinct was right. Just use search.

So arcane isnt a buff to get a better chance to resist it... you even said so when you were trying to tell me about cancel in RETAIL.

So its ilogical if the cancel was about m.def in this server?

And no, search wont help me since there are about 100-200 thread just crying about cancel.

I just need to know how this custom thing works here.

If you dont know there is no point of answering for real...

And once more i dont want to know how it works on retail, but how it works here. in our lovely custom ovc server.

thnx

17 hours ago, ifym said:

So its a custom server but help us out to understand this. This post has nothing to do with nerfs or boosts i just need to know thats all.

Bluff is about ... i dont even know, less than 15%. Should at least turn enemy's back but it seems that even this doesnt work.

Blinding blow the same. Should show enemies back even if skill fail. Thats not the case here.

Stuns. Like 100% even with resist/zaken/anthy on you. Nothing seems to works against it. Con doesnt affect it either.

Trance. Its the new plague i guess. Epic chance to land and in that duration you just pay a visit on your kitchen to make a coffee or a tea.

Lethal aswell seems wrong with the damage it does. Or more like deadly is somehow nerfed? Since backstab has same power but in a target's back both do way different damage.

So the real question is whats the role of m.def, mental, arcane, resist shock etc in this server. And since we are  talking about resists, buff slots are important in this one.

They have the same role as on offi interlude.

18 hours ago, ifym said:

Oh boy here we go:

Cancel = RNG, def not 100%, arcane prot influences effect

Bluff = shock attack, resist shock/antharas/zaken/frint resists this (WHY CANT I LAND MY STUNS?)

Blinding blow; probably does show back, but as it doesnt detarget, if the enemy is casting it wont show anything (imagine having a brain so u can think of this urself)

Stuns; see bluff (BUT GM I STILL GET STUNNED WITH EVERYTHING - good thing u leave out the fact that after 20 stuns, 1 lands) I play warlord and trust me, theres a HUGE difference between players who use these jewels and who dont

Trance: supposed to be high land rate, 10s duration (should prolly be nerfed), affected by mental shield & boss jewels

Surrenders i have to agree, VERY high landrate

Aggression is supposed to be 100%, but here I believe u only have to agro 1x instead of retail 2x to actually walk to/attack the target thats agroing u

Lethal = removed

Many daggers had bluff before ppl actually got zaken/anti, and the landrate was still close to 0.

bluff is a pretty special skill since it combines 3 different effects and is due to this also effected by many kind of resists.

The chance that just none or just 1 out of those 3 effects gets applied is high because even the base landrate is low.

22 minutes ago, Chevignon said:

bluff is a pretty special skill since it combines 3 different effects and is due to this also effected by many kind of resists.

The chance that just none or just 1 out of those 3 effects gets applied is high because even the base landrate is low.

Its duration is decreased as every other debuff effect, thats weird :)

20 hours ago, ifym said:

Good Questions, I am looking for the answer of all of them too :)

19 hours ago, ifym said:

Which part of my first line you didnt understand?

ITS A CUSTOM SERVER NOT A RETAIL and IM ASKING to see how things works HERE IN THIS SERVER once more not in retail.

About the bluff and gladi. The back will turn no matter  what even if the visual isnt clear. If i can recall corect there was a video back then for this one.

Still once more. I dont ask for changes or whatever. I just want a clear answer about the way they work here. Since the main post about features and fix arent clear enough.

thats not tru, i havent played for years but if i recall correct retail bluff had 3 effects kinda..

turn
lose target <-pretty much 100%  if i recall correct
stun.

so u could have just a stun u can have just a turn u can have stun + turn

here on other hand it seems to have only 1 function
stun + turn

lose target in this server with all costum systems flying around is useless pretty much every1 is on hold target >.<.