Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
costam

error when changing resolution

13 posts in this topic

2019.6.2 21:50:30
CPU : AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3394 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video : AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (1004)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DEVICELOST). Please delete your Option.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UUIScript::execSetResolution <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (OptionWnd Transient.OptionWnd0, Function Interface.OptionWnd.OnClickButton) <- NCButton::OnClickButton <- NCButton::OnLButtonUp <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::PassToFocusedWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::DispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd::MasterConsoleEventProcess <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- ALineagePlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

any fixes? downloaded client and patch from urs download section

try deleting Option.ini and L2CompiledShader.bin and try again.

Posted (edited)

If that doesn't help, you can try manually entering the resolution you want into your Option.ini

example:

[Video]
GamePlayViewportX=1920
GamePlayViewportY=1080

Edited by Asmodin

3 hours ago, Emerald said:

try deleting Option.ini and L2CompiledShader.bin and try again.

I have the same problem, I deleted Option.ini but I dont have L2CompiledShader.bin.
I did changed the rez but I wanna play the game on windowed screen and it's not working.

The error I have is

2019.6.2 20:56:34
CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3706 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (3086)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DEVICELOST). Please delete your Option.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::EndFullscreen <- UWindowsViewport::ToggleFullscreen <- WM_KEYUP <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- DispatchMessage <- 000C116A 261 <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

I also would like to change my mouse main button and I cant do it, can you help me please?

up any1 knows at least how can I change mouse buttons?
Cuz I did change it on PC/Razer Synapse, but it dont affect in game.

Can probably modify l2.ini to do that, since u can also remove the middlemouse = camerareset bind there

42 minutes ago, Asmodin said:

Can probably modify l2.ini to do that, since u can also remove the middlemouse = camerareset bind there

L2.ini is encrypted and there is no line for option.ini for this, can u help me?
I really need this to play cuz I use the mouse with the left hand, so it's really hard to play using inverted buttons.

6 minutes ago, GniTs said:

L2.ini is encrypted and there is no line for option.ini for this, can u help me?
I really need this to play cuz I use the mouse with the left hand, so it's really hard to play using inverted buttons.

Use this file as adm>use open and decrypt> edit what you wont>save > in header -select version - 413

l2 File Edit.exe

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Venth said:

Use this file as adm>use open and decrypt> edit what you wont>save > in header -select version - 413

l2 File Edit.exe

Worked! Made a few trys and found the option on user.ini

Have to make this "PlayerPawnMoveTo" as right mouse click and the camera option as left and now it works!
Thanks a lot for your help!

And another thing , if you getin' crit errors whilst you try to go window screen (,alt+enter) use the other alt key. If you getin' errors windowing screen with the left alt then use the right alt , if it's the other way ,same. 

On 9.06.2019 at 5:01 AM, Venth said:

It need more optimization like mojo guide i also recommend to start l2.exe as vista service pack 2/no optimzation on full screen if play on alt+enter(full screen)+optional for full screen modifi  UseWindowFrame=false option in l2.ini it will bordless. 

modifi l2.ini

window bordless its better but it like to crash when you click exit game or rr i didnt see other crashes

9 hours ago, Zirconium said:

And another thing , if you getin' crit errors whilst you try to go window screen (,alt+enter) use the other alt key. If you getin' errors windowing screen with the left alt then use the right alt , if it's the other way ,same. 

also look for the scroll lock to not be on. 

I didn't read everything but the fix to this is to disable discord overlay option.

You are welcome.:x