Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PePeR

Random Formula > Democracy

10 posts in this topic

I don't know if I'm sure but I think now when people vote for a let's say an event the event gets picked because it had the most votes which means the most of the server picked the event, Right?

What I'm suggesting is to make it more fair also for others... Because people vote only good events for their class (which is basically most of the time VIP PvP or BattleField), and these events aren't always good for other classes. So here is my solution

let's say you have 5 maps to vote for:

A,B,C,D,E

and they got votes accordingly A-5;B-2;C-0;D-1;E-10

so you create an array and put into it { A,A,A,A,A,B,B,D,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E} and you pick a map from this array.

I think you get my point.

Most of the time the event/mini event will be picked with the most votes - because the more people vote it the higher the chance, but it also gives a chance for maps that aren't always good for majority (mages/archers).

I think it will be fair for minority also... Waiting for your opinion

4 people like this

Fully agree with the idea.

It makes value to votes put into not so popular maps, even when they have no chances to win.

Good idea indeed, cant think of any flaws using this.

1 person likes this

Really nice idea peper! People don't always want to play the same maps/events every single time.

On 22/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, PePeR said:

I don't know if I'm sure but I think now when people vote for a let's say an event the event gets picked because it had the most votes which means the most of the server picked the event, Right?

What I'm suggesting is to make it more fair also for others... Because people vote only good events for their class (which is basically most of the time VIP PvP or BattleField), and these events aren't always good for other classes. So here is my solution

let's say you have 5 maps to vote for:

A,B,C,D,E

and they got votes accordingly A-5;B-2;C-0;D-1;E-10

so you create an array and put into it { A,A,A,A,A,B,B,D,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E} and you pick a map from this array.

I think you get my point.

Most of the time the event/mini event will be picked with the most votes - because the more people vote it the higher the chance, but it also gives a chance for maps that aren't always good for majority (mages/archers).

I think it will be fair for minority also... Waiting for your opinion

why do you even care? you stay hidden 15km away from fight with your summoner and you farm b grade robes giving you 3-4 adena per kill

5 minutes ago, poxbane said:

why do you even care? you stay hidden 15km away from fight with your summoner and you farm b grade robes giving you 3-4 adena per kill

I also suggest you to get a life... and if you want to trashtalk this is not the place so don't post here...

People will start voting less since it's random. Also you will see Fellmere Lake and huge maps at 3-4am because all they need is 1 vote to be put in the array. 

38 minutes ago, maze said:

People will start voting less since it's random. Also you will see Fellmere Lake and huge maps at 3-4am because all they need is 1 vote to be put in the array. 

Its random with weight, don't see the problem with it.

If 40 people voted x and 20 people voted y, there's no reason that y won't get the chance to run at all.

2 people like this

if you add this formula on 1st and 2th most voted and only if 2nd has at least 50% of the 1st votes seems ok 

i mean vote will still matter 

This will be added next update.