Emerald

Adena & Progressive Gameplay

60 posts in this topic

New formula can take effect on daggers  when he get  epic and before that can by consider as class typ 1 . But as i sayed before it need a lot of balancing thing. 

btw this idea was from other faction server where was calculated player value  w/o class typ . I didnt play there just login and check whats going on maybe someone knows more about this server . Lesley?

Moved to accepted, check the changelist topic to see what was added.

Changelist #5

*Reduced A-grade prices from 7k to 5k.

A-grade weapons have 3 tires low - mid - interlude , u could set different prices for them .

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, ImmunE said:

Changelist #5

*Reduced A-grade prices from 7k to 5k.

A-grade weapons have 3 tires low - mid - interlude , u could set different prices for them .

+1  Daimon Crystal its not equal for Sword of Miracle same as Carnage bow and Shyeed bow

Changelist #5

Significantly improved gear dependent reward system.

We can get any specific changes info like example how it will work?

2 hours ago, Venth said:

+1  Daimon Crystal its not equal for Sword of Miracle same as Carnage bow and Shyeed bow

SoM is one-handed which allows you to wear shield in addition while Daimon Crystal isn't.

Carnage Bow has slow attack speed while Shyeed Bow has very slow.

There are differences, people will pick whatever they want - the point of the price reduction is to allow players to be able to upgrade quickly at any stage of the server, since now prices won't reduce anymore along the season.

2 hours ago, Venth said:

Significantly improved gear dependent reward system.

We can get any specific changes info like example how it will work?

Read through the topic to get the general idea, the exact formula will not be shared becasue there are too many copycats who come to this forum trying to steal ideas.

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

SoM is one-handed which allows you to wear shield in addition while Daimon Crystal isn't.

Carnage Bow has slow attack speed while Shyeed Bow has very slow.

There are differences, people will pick whatever they want - the point of the price reduction is to allow players to be able to upgrade quickly at any stage of the server, since now prices won't reduce anymore along the season.

You are right about the advantages of SOM/FDS, but as Immune said, there are 3 tiers of weapons, and almost no one bought the low/mid tiers, with the exceptions of couple SS/SOM. If the prices for top A-grade are going to be set at 5k, i personally don't see a problem if those for low A and mid A were set to 3/4k respectively.
That way we will have more game diversity weapon-wise, players can buy according to their needs, for example someone would prefer to save 1-2k and take Spiritual Eye/Dasparion, Meteor/Elysian, Tallum/DLE and so on. Another thing is that if you get full item drop of a low/mid tier weapon you could sell it to someone else, because there will be a market for it. Previously those items were almost unsellable and went straight to the trash 99% of the time.
With different prices for the different weapon tiers there will be better supply & demand market-wise, which will lead to more options for the players, and overall greater money flow and game variety.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Redman said:

You are right about the advantages of SOM/FDS, but as Immune said, there are 3 tiers of weapons, and almost no one bought the low/mid tiers, with the exceptions of couple SS/SOM. If the prices for top A-grade are going to be set at 5k, i personally don't see a problem if those for low A and mid A were set to 3/4k respectively.
That way we will have more game diversity weapon-wise, players can buy according to their needs, for example someone would prefer to save 1-2k and take Spiritual Eye/Dasparion, Meteor/Elysian, Tallum/DLE and so on. Another thing is that if you get full item drop of a low/mid tier weapon you could sell it to someone else, because there will be a market for it. Previously those items were almost unsellable and went straight to the trash 99% of the time.
With different prices for the different weapon tiers there will be better supply & demand market-wise, which will lead to more options for the players, and overall greater money flow and game variety.

I agree 100% with that. Since it would be the right prices at the merchant, people will want to buy them from player. It should only concerns weapons ofc, armor prices should not be touched for the opposite reason: regarding balance instead of regarding the true price value. lul. DC Robe and Tallum heavy, mage/duelist server ! Oh wait...

Peace i'm out =þ

Yes, the adena difference between items in the Merchant store should be regarding mainly the weapon section. Phoenix jewelry should be cheaper than MJ too, if they weren't already previous seasons(not sure if i remember correctly about that).
We all know what's the situation with low A-grade armor sets status-wise, like DC/Tallum, who are one of the most used ones, so there shouldn't be any differences between armor sets.
I don't see any downsides for the server with this change, only positives, like those that were written above. 

On 2/3/2019 at 5:36 PM, Emerald said:
On 2/3/2019 at 5:20 PM, Lesley said:

In my opinion this would work as long as I could see that killing a B graded guy relative to my actual gear is worth low adena before I kill him. 

Same in the opposite way: newbies can see in advance that gathering to kill a geared player is very adena-worthy

There's no way to make it visible before the kill.

Lesley is absolutely right!

Actually, if computation power is enough, server can show each player reward of all other players in their names, like

YourBiggestEnemy [10]

The number can be interpreted as how much adena you can get for solo killing this particular player.

This also opens some interesting reward mechanics and potential quest system, where reward is not fixed, but can be flexible depending on situation, like reward immediately changes when player gets a flag.

As for healers, I think, there can be additional reward for killing a player if he has a healer in the party.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Madlaxy said:

Actually, if computation power is enough, server can show each player reward of all other players in their names, like

YourBiggestEnemy [10]

The number can be interpreted as how much adena you can get for solo killing this particular player.

Very good idea.