Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkerbell

about population / future steps

78 posts in this topic

max enchant +6 ? what the hell.... come on the server is good like this. stop saying crazy things. people come and go.

a battlefield chat on the other hand could help teams have better communication

could be used for higher level ranks such as generals or coould be used for every rank for a couple of times every day depenting on your rank

+6 is a bit too less, +10 could be ok.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Fungry said:

+6 is a bit too less, +10 could be ok.

+16 weapons

+10 armor

but i think it is something like that allready :P

If the idea is to allow everyone to have a weapon +16 after some time of farming the server will look all the same. Everyone with the same max stats. If everyone will b havin max stats it might rather be +6. There is no need for a ++++ weapon, that was and always will b a problem in L2. 

19 minutes ago, Never said:

If the idea is to allow everyone to have a weapon +16 after some time of farming the server will look all the same. Everyone with the same max stats. If everyone will b havin max stats it might rather be +6. There is no need for a ++++ weapon, that was and always will b a problem in L2. 

making max enchant +6 (for both weapons/armors) will make daggers/tanks have the advantage in any occasion

also we all need to know that there are clans which their main purpose on server openings is to farm and make this kind of weapons (+16) in order to make olympiad characters... we can suggest either make them harder or either make them easier in both ways we will have people with different oppinions

we can keep telling ideas about enchanting system but i think there is not a golden line/system could be followed and be enjoyable by all simply because someone could be unlucky and start a whole domino with other unlucky people about that.

on the other hand is the part of characters which dont really need a +16 weapon to make you high dmg (im refering to daggers)

or tanks on full defensive buffing (+6 on them enough to abuse a big number of oppopnents)

maybe (?) and i say maybe because i am a new member and i have not played enough this chronicle (c6) a reconsideration of profecies could be talked as an idea

but dont forget this need a lot of convertation. in my oppinion profecies is something special so should be more rare

tommorow is sunday and i will make a summary new topic with ideas liked more and discuesed more on this topic 

*sorry for my bad-average english :P

Actually ur right, daggers and tanks would have advantage. Maybe it was a bad idea.

3 hours ago, Tinkerbell said:

+16 weapons

+10 armor

but i think it is something like that allready :P

11 hours ago, NecroLukeM said:

max enchant +6 ? what the hell.... come on the server is good like this. stop saying crazy things. people come and go.

As mentioned above, maybe +6 is not the best cause of dagger/tanks

But +16 is even worse. I tell you why. Make a char when ppl running around 10++ weaps. you have armor 0, weap 0. I dare you to try it.

On the other side, with lower max ench, the first main goal would be to max out your main gear, and it wouldnt be that hard even if you start late. AND ppl who farmed out their main, could easily experiment with non played classes. Thus developing a way to make them better and playable.

Long term thinking. I know people dont even know what this word mean. But I do. 

1 person likes this

+10 enchant cap is fine, as it was suggested before couple of seasons.

6 minutes ago, KoSzOs said:

As mentioned above, maybe +6 is not the best cause of dagger/tanks

But +16 is even worse. I tell you why. Make a char when ppl running around 10++ weaps. you have armor 0, weap 0. I dare you to try it.

On the other side, with lower max ench, the first main goal would be to max out your main gear, and it wouldnt be that hard even if you start late. AND ppl who farmed out their main, could easily experiment with non played classes. Thus developing a way to make them better and playable.

Long term thinking. I know people dont even know what this word mean. But I do. 

i totally agree in the fact that a new player on +0 has no chance against a +16 veteran

also about the classes experiments with a non profecy npc buff you will meet more ee/ol/pp/wc/se for sure (ee/wc mostly)

to protect and make their experience better ,im refairing to newcomers, either you have to build a system (will be hard and i dont know if it really worths to give some time to that direction) on which pvp fields have true generalds and commanders to lead this masses on pvp with strategical moves because as we all see in game there are not too many clans which can lead an attack and get either advantage / disadvantage of enemy team +/-'s

as for +0 peoples i will agree in 2 facts 

the 1 is that it is possitive to have new peoples in a server that will stay and support it

and the other is that you cant avoid that they cant do much even you give them such an advantage like a free s grade or anything like that

most people i saw starting here (i mean newcomers) they chose a saggitarius and go straight on 3 hero's which means that u really cant do anything to have them in server. either they will stay either not

im trying to get the best approach to this phenomen which i think is the communication any team should have in any game because on lineage2 even if it is a 20 years old game u still see people wondering why a clan leader has a +16 or why clans get really fast geared..

making a better communication system like emerald allready has auto party creations etc is the thing IN MY Oppinion which can avoid people having a 1st pvp "bad" experience. i dont know guys i aint here at server start i judge what i see atm on server. you should correct me or even tell me if i am thinking right

*ps i am not trying to save this season or focus on that

not because it cant but because i dont know if it worths it

as i already said i like this project and i am trying to put a small stone to make the next better one

i hope this topic will be a plust to that and i will be on next season maybe not on start but i would like to see more things of this project

I would just like to point out that before you make your summary topic:
* Check in the changelist to see that what you suggest doesn't contradict with anything i've already changed, for example on upcoming seasons game progression will be slower and A-grade will be locked aswell, I saw some people mentioning that here.
* Check the suggestions section to see if something wasn't already suggested before, and if it was, why it got denied... so far the ideas are simply repeating themselves and I will not be replacing a system with flaws with another system with flaws (notably all these enchant related suggestions).

By far I didn't really saw anything that would change the situation in regard of players joining a server at a later stage or creating more balance between older/newer players, these stuff are nearly impossible to achieve in 2018 where all the community wants is fast paced gaming and if you're late even in a few days then you don't join anymore.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Emerald said:

By far I didn't really saw anything that would change the situation in regard of players joining a server at a later stage or creating more balance between older/newer players, these stuff are nearly impossible to achieve in 2018 where all the community wants is fast paced gaming and if you're late even in a few days then you don't join anymore.

• Add a combat buff; you die a lot? you get +% enhanced dmg and +% dmg reduction, you kill a lot? you get a big X on your head, you carry a big bounty and you get dealt more dmg. As for healers, make a debuff that if you heal the same target over and over heal decreases over time
  • as for events, where people run in circles and its clown fiesta, add mini events on it, like you spawn random chests with 1 scroll in it, a big fkin mob with tons of hp that per each hit drops adena, etc
  • or simply add more RNG factors so people have more chances to win later on

19 hours ago, Emerald said:

So far the ideas are simply repeating themselves and I will not be replacing a system with flaws with another system with flaws (notably all these enchant related suggestions).

So you keep trying on the same way and getting same results. I do not get the point.

Is there a problem to open a votation about enchant system, so everyone can speak about that instead of move to denied section.

I dont see the problem, it just a conversation about something in the forum to see what the ppl think. You dont have to change nothing if you dont want, but at least let us make a votation.

Well I dont know why I keep trying to help the server because you are closed to new ideas. I asked to removed limitation to change base class on maestro and moved to denied section. Whats the problem with that, gonna hurt the server? 

All ideas or sug rejected.

thanks!

28 minutes ago, IRNL said:

So you keep trying on the same way and getting same results. I do not get the point.

Same way? read the changelists each season, nothing is the same between 2 seasons, not even near.

Is there a problem to open a votation about enchant system, so everyone can speak about that instead of move to denied section.

I dont see the problem, it just a conversation about something in the forum to see what the ppl think. You dont have to change nothing if you dont want, but at least let us make a votation.

Why do you need me to do it? you can do polls yourself, topics in suggestion sections are mainly there for my review only, if you want players opinions, open a poll in General Discussion.

I just know that polls for such a things will not reflect the real community opinions, most people who don't like enchanting or are failing their enchants will vote yes and others will vote no.

And I will be the one that have to deal with the massive amount of cries in PMs on next seasons about it because they weren't on the forum when the poll was made.

Also there are clear flaws to the system you suggest, if I make it too long people will ask to add the scrolls back to make it faster for these who want to "risk it", and if ill make it too short then its a fair good bye to any newcomer.

People don't like being limited with progress if they know they can get it faster the "old fashion way", that is exactly why gear cannot be locked for longer than a few days / week max, as people want it to be.

Bottom line: when you make a suggestion you'll also have to think of all flaws possible in what you suggest and how you can overcome them and include it in your suggestion, if you can't do that, don't expect me to do that for you.

Well I dont know why I keep trying to help the server because you are closed to new ideas. I asked to removed limitation to change base class on maestro and moved to denied section. Whats the problem with that, gonna hurt the server? 

I told you i'll change it, but still, you had my reason for why its denied, so why do you ask about it again?

Yes, OLs/Maestros who will try to do a class change and won't read that their mains will be deleted becasue of it is going to hurt the server, clearly.

Rule of thumb: people never read anything, if a feature has to be explained, then it is probably wrong, as I have learned it the hard way when we had the Strange Machine feature.

I would like to point out, that Emerald does his best and he actually listens to us :) I strongly believe that self enchanting system gonna be in future updates even if Emerald denies that :P 

I agree that seting cap for max weapon to +10 would be ideal .And this would improve slightly the balance .The only problem i see with this is that archers and titans will take the hit the hardest .As i know this 2 classes  were a little underpowered already last time i played compared to daggers/mages  so maybe a little boost to them would fix the issue perhaps .

It's not only the features, cuz most of them are good indeed, its the season too, in Interlude there is nothing to do, u get s grade in 2 weeks, full RB 3 weeks and the game is just end. nothing else to do, while newer seasons has more option for gearing, element, talismans etc..etc..

2 hours ago, Soulka said:

It's not only the features, cuz most of them are good indeed, its the season too, in Interlude there is nothing to do, u get s grade in 2 weeks, full RB 3 weeks and the game is just end. nothing else to do, while newer seasons has more option for gearing, element, talismans etc..etc..

While those H5 features would indeed add more options to farm for those players who invest half of their day farming it would be the opposite for those who play for couple of maps per day. So in the end those new features either must be implemented in a way that they won't make the item-wise balance in favor of the constantly playing players, otherwise the picture would be a lot worse than it's now in that simple IL client. Now with the current server setup in this monotonous IL chronicle that we are playing for the last few seasons we see how unbalanced things can be when those hard farming +16 geared players are driving out 95% of the newcomers from the server.
And finally we reach to the main point where those hard farming players moan plenty if someone else have the accessibility to reach their level gear-wise without the effort/hours grinded they have done to achieve that level.
Thus the OVC community must decide what thing they prefer - to have item-wise equally strong player base, or to continue as it was heretofore, and from my close observations of those 8 seasons that i have played here sadly it's the later.
P.S. To even initiate into more detailed discussions about those H5 settings the server needs to own decent H5 server files (which i don't think it possess), and for us to know if a H5 season is even into consideration in the first place, otherwise it's just simple tittle-tattle !

1 person likes this

Idea: what if PPL would start LVL 62-65 ? B grade at start, ir even C grade, then after a weej PPL would b like 75 or 76 and would start buyin A grade, then when start to arrive LVL 80 S grade would b unlocked ! 

After the first week, new players would start LVL 70, and new players that would join after 2 or 3 weeks woukd start lvl 76.

Maybe with such a simple change the server would last longer.

3 hours ago, Redman said:

While those H5 features would indeed add more options to farm for those players who invest half of their day farming it would be the opposite for those who play for couple of maps per day. So in the end those new features either must be implemented in a way that they won't make the item-wise balance in favor of the constantly playing players, otherwise the picture would be a lot worse than it's now in that simple IL client. Now with the current server setup in this monotonous IL chronicle that we are playing for the last few seasons we see how unbalanced things can be when those hard farming +16 geared players are driving out 95% of the newcomers from the server.
And finally we reach to the main point where those hard farming players moan plenty if someone else have the accessibility to reach their level gear-wise without the effort/hours grinded they have done to achieve that level.
Thus the OVC community must decide what thing they prefer - to have item-wise equally strong player base, or to continue as it was heretofore, and from my close observations of those 8 seasons that i have played here sadly it's the later.
P.S. To even initiate into more detailed discussions about those H5 settings the server needs to own decent H5 server files (which i don't think it possess), and for us to know if a H5 season is even into consideration in the first place, otherwise it's just simple tittle-tattle !

But every1 forget the fact that Lineage2 is not a game for casual players, there are lots of game that benefits casual players. If some1 cant play that much just 2-3h daily, then they shouldnt complain about the balance, yet they should be ignored for those complaints. As for new comers it's a little easier, lets say when u unlock lets say Moria set, new comers should get full element S grade untradeable in their boxes, so older players wont take advantage of it.

1 person likes this

You cant make someone that just logged on the server stronger than a guy that plays more time better

10 hours ago, Soulka said:

But every1 forget the fact that Lineage2 is not a game for casual players, there are lots of game that benefits casual players. If some1 cant play that much just 2-3h daily, then they shouldnt complain about the balance, yet they should be ignored for those complaints. As for new comers it's a little easier, lets say when u unlock lets say Moria set, new comers should get full element S grade untradeable in their boxes, so older players wont take advantage of it.

It wasn't a casual game back in 2005-2011, when most of us were bunch of kids who were dumb enough to farm those mobs for hours and hours just so we could be in contention with your Anotherways, Laylows, OOCs, Infrareds, Tempests and so ons. Now it's late 2018, most of us have university, work or other common responsibilities. If back in those C2-Interlude times i was a kid who wasn't fully aware of life and preferred to spend half of his day after school to grind some farm spots playing for 5h+ per day a PC Game, rather than read some books, hit the gym or just to do something more significant with my time, now that's not the case. It's not like those old school players can be surprised by something new in those old chronicles that we played for years and years. I don't want to sound that i'm imposing my opinion on behalf of the community, but if you really read and rationalize the above, you will get my point. It's pretty obvious how every season we have almost the same amount of recognizable players who are said to be the core of the server. And that amount of "Core OVC players" is not large enough to sustain a diversified server season, because this is an MMPORG, it's not Battlefield/COD or some other game where you can play with/against 20-30 players per map. So after all the opinion/complains of the newcomers or those who play couple of maps a day should not be ignored ! Otherwise things will continue just as they are now, you will have your common random greek necro who will lose his sleep at first just so he can get his gear advantage and "own" those newbies for 1-2 weeks, and then suddenly when from 100-200 players there are only 15-20 not so suitable for instant kill players left, he will shout for a wipe because of "no competition/fun" and then quit.

5 hours ago, detro said:

You cant make someone that just logged on the server stronger than a guy that plays more time better

If you sight at me with your sentence - i never said that someone who just started should be exactly on the same level as those who played before them ! The point is that those who are new should be at least somewhat close to equivalent in terms of PVP competition. Dunno if you played this IL season, but when A went free a large amount of players moaned and most of them even quited, just because others could take it for free, and i'm talking about moaning guys who had +16 weapons and OE gear. Imagine some archer/mage with DB/AM +16 bitching about some newbie starting directly with A grade set .... And imagine if the chronicle was not IL, but H5 or a newer one, where you have talismans, attributes, +30 skills and who knows what else shit to achieve. 
Actually, there is no need to imagine, just remember how long the H5 season ended for, or even those last 2 IL seasons !

1 person likes this