Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkerbell

about population / future steps

78 posts in this topic

I think its is time for emerald and developers really thing about a major change in game structure, since despite everything we have done these years and specially to interlude which is the "main" run have really increased the overall quality of the server, I mean, for all old players is clearly noticeable that server has been greatly improved along these years, but still, if this is not working, maybe the issue is somewhere else?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Chevignon said:

We would get suggestions to increase the enchant level, to create new archive goals etc. Implementing those new goals would lead into new advantages for veterans against newbies and so on. Main Core of people arent interested in the pvp themself. They wanna see benefits like increasing equipment or total pvp domination or both.

Its a circle, that always leads to the exact same point, as we are now.

Not if u make a mix of interesting short term and long terms goals that are very clear since the beggining.

Why does S grade have to come 2 weeks later? I mean, couldnt it be just locked for the 1st month? Why grand bosses (which is a major thing in the retail game) have to spawn randomly? Why dont make 1 each day of the weekend? There your have the 1st month granted. Why siege have to be on damn sunday? Why there is only one castle avaliable? Limiting all small clans from the fun. Etc...

The pretty source of unbalance and this never-ending fail circle you mention can be the community, but the community is only reacting to some poor incentives which are structural to the server. The appearance of scammers, failure of clan system and mainly objective-abusers is surely community fault but they are no more than the expression of this failure in structural organization.Its such small things that matter in this case. 

I have to say tho, already said, many improvements have been made and i really appreciate all you guys work. But now is time to think different or stay like this forever, you cant just blame the community and everything is OK.

Why dont take off donator discount npc which grants unfair abitrage and make daily/weekly/monthly login rewards? Is such easy to think out of the box

Lesley had a nice point, locking certain things for some weeks might give the server more time. Lets pretend that the first week all the players r restricted to B grade. After that most of the players will b rdy to upgrade into A grade, soooo during the second week A grade will b added to the shop. Ppl will buy A grade after that. Then, after a month S grade will b available. This might result into a longer server time. 

Also another thing, everyone wants a +16 red weapon, and most of the players will quit after they see some with AMs +16. What if max enchant stops at +10 ? There is no need to have huge weapons, with low enchanted weapons PvP will even get better, longer and more interesting.

1 person likes this

Also makes no sense giving adena to votes since people will vote anyway for the buff, you are just increasing the distortion between olds and youngs long term

edit: now pls give money for this free consulting

Edited by Lesley

2 hours ago, Lesley said:

I think reaching low population is inevitable somewhow. By all years i have been here this is a process that sometimes takes less, or takes longer, but it happens anyway. I always come with the same suggestion and they are pretty much ignored, basically one of the issues imo is aden siege. Sieges and olys are indicator of server well being, and for newbies is "motivating" somewhow to see that there is competition going on, and he wont waste his time farming in a dead server.

This season we had at 1st siege (1st one, not 4th one) 2 clans fighting for it. Despite clan shop is good, its not an incentive to early clans leader since the prices of the enchants is always lower in the market at the 1st weeks. 

Imo also PVP in our server (which is pretty much well developed and for me its reaching its "end developement stage" in interlude) should be integrated with some kind of PVE. If we want to dream big, imagine how awesome would be having our server in a open map, which means no need for this 30 minutes event. just a straght open map of pvp mixed with pve and objectives going on throught all time. 

The "events" we have currently could be transformed into real events, for the sake of the word, things that are special and happen occasionaly. 

I hope other people come with suggestions, being it good or not, cause as i see the "good" suggestions that got into "accepeted" thing didnt really change our deal, only postponed it. 

as you probably know, we had a bigger reward for sieges in the past which leaded to ? in my memory always the same no lifer clans took it over and over again and increased their current advantage much more as before. (correct me, if im wrong)

can you be more detailed about your idea to attract sieges for randoms please ?

2 hours ago, Tinkerbell said:

well all these could be tested on a beta (?)

for enchant i have also an idea like +4 = 100 scrolls +5 =150 scrolls etc its the same system on a differend way somehow u just remove luck factor

about donations i think you can put some basic stuff at the 1st week and buy staff with discount pre paid on 1st week but ull take items on 2nd for example 

idk.. that came on my mind when i read your post :P

the idea themself is good but in the end its the same result as before...veterans destroying newbies.

So setting up a limit for enchants would avoid that. But a limit on enchants limiting the veteran farmers in their "item progress".

As u see its 2 sided again, which one is the right side ? is there even a right side ?

2 hours ago, Lesley said:

I think its is time for emerald and developers really thing about a major change in game structure, since despite everything we have done these years and specially to interlude which is the "main" run have really increased the overall quality of the server, I mean, for all old players is clearly noticeable that server has been greatly improved along these years, but still, if this is not working, maybe the issue is somewhere else?

sure testing a new game style could be an improvement. However emerald have some more hybrid maps in mind, which could increase the game fun :)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Chevignon said:

the idea themself is good but in the end its the same result as before...veterans destroying newbies.

So setting up a limit for enchants would avoid that. But a limit on enchants limiting the veteran farmers in their "item progress".

As u see its 2 sided again, which one is the right side ? is there even a right side ?

the clanless i think (i mean on lineage2 generaly)

the weakest would be the clanless***

i think power gained through gameplay is a power. where will it be used is another question i think

Edited by Tinkerbell

1 hour ago, Lesley said:

Not if u make a mix of interesting short term and long terms goals that are very clear since the beggining.

Why does S grade have to come 2 weeks later? I mean, couldnt it be just locked for the 1st month? Why grand bosses (which is a major thing in the retail game) have to spawn randomly? Why dont make 1 each day of the weekend? There your have the 1st month granted. Why siege have to be on damn sunday? Why there is only one castle avaliable? Limiting all small clans from the fun. Etc...

The pretty source of unbalance and this never-ending fail circle you mention can be the community, but the community is only reacting to some poor incentives which are structural to the server. The appearance of scammers, failure of clan system and mainly objective-abusers is surely community fault but they are no more than the expression of this failure in structural organization.Its such small things that matter in this case. 

I have to say tho, already said, many improvements have been made and i really appreciate all you guys work. But now is time to think different or stay like this forever, you cant just blame the community and everything is OK.

We had this locked Tier once and what happend. All veterans came to the forum and complained, that they have "nothing to do". as u see another prove for , that pvp is just the needed part to archive their real goal:Progress.

The random spawn for rbs were also changed in the past, since people complained, that as a casual player they mostly dont have a chance to be part of the raids, since they arent there.

As u see again, its not like, that those features werent there. We had them, All. People will always find a reason to complain about just everything.

I like the server, but I'd disable enchant system, the less difference between players in terms of power the more balance. That could even supress the farm system though.

Edited by Claire
1 person likes this

make oly max enchant +6

1 person likes this

Also instead of giving donators adena that instantly destroy the server

Make a premium service like exp sp adena and like +1 slot buff or something its up to emerald

And you could enable adena after the first week so there wont be ppl with s first day

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, detro said:

Also instead of giving donators adena that instantly destroy the server

Make a premium service like exp sp adena and like +1 slot buff or something its up to emerald

And you could enable adena after the first week so there wont be ppl with s first day

if there are not strong clans with economic targets on opening, they cant do anything to stop marketing farmers keep farming insane

in my opinion 

some bonuses for new clans / new players with good promotion would attract peoples who are interested to this project but they dont have the time to do it all by hand.

but you cant forget on such moves other people will get benefit from that. but this is how lineage generally used to be. powerfull gets more powerfull.

only holy wars can save a server and big greedy opposite clans who have great thirst for domination. 

thats why i suggested to focus more on unity even as opponents in game.

2 good active clans with love for the game and the project ofcourse could stable any server. 

all im saying is you dont have to farm 10 hours a day to get the advantage, you could join a clan you trust its leadership's goals and suits you so together you can get the same advantage in less hours just like the mission GM Team created some days ago

maybe some pve could be reconsidered as an option someone suggested it on this topic

L2 community is shit and it is almost impossible to attract new players. 

I've played some random IL servers and talk to ppl about this server, which is the best PVP IL sv out there in my opinion, and they've heard of it, but they'd simply won't start because "it started like 2 weeks ago dude, everyone is ++, bla bla bla". Always same old shit. They think they won't be able to progress because of that and, despite it is a faulty reasoning, it is not that far from the  truth.

Suggestions: SOLO INSTANCES: I've observed that some random servers keep their population true to them with this simple feature. A raid boss you can kill on your own every 24hs or so and has a chance to drop some useful item and a much lower chance to drop some really useful item.

14 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I've played some random IL servers and talk to ppl about this server, which is the best PVP IL sv out there in my opinion, and they've heard of it, but they'd simply won't start because "it started like 2 weeks ago dude, everyone is ++, bla bla bla". Always same old shit. They think they won't be able to progress because of that and, despite it is a faulty reasoning, it is not that far from the  truth.

Suggestions: SOLO INSTANCES: I've observed that some random servers keep their population true to them with this simple feature. A raid boss you can kill on your own every 24hs or so and has a chance to drop some useful item and a much lower chance to drop some really useful item.

And what about those players who own multiple pc and ip addresses? They get double, tripple etc benefits daily. I can bet that you can change ips and hardware info with some programms and just do daily tasks with unlimited accs 

1 person likes this

Another thing I've noticed is that the longest IL seasson, and the most successfu one, was a couple of seassons ago, when it was impossible to get a +10 S grade Weapon. Once you got +6 or +7 you could consider it your end game weapon. I started late that seasson and did a fast progress playing BP, then got full epic and +7 AM and played three different mage classes. It was fun with all of them and I recall winning maps playing nuker with just DC+Miracles+5 and Valky against full gear players. 

Another suggestion: Latino community is big. I am from Argentina and I know the mind set of players here. They would love to play a sv like OVC but ping is too high for them, maybe a South American Proxy would help the latino community and would give the impression of a server growing bigger.

Last suggestion won't be that popular but I will make it anyway: CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION.

Since a lot of different things that appear to work on shitty IL servers have been tried on the effort to attract more ppl, maybe it is time to try this one. 
Adding more cool accesories (like bamboo hat and that kind of shit) can help make a character more "unique" without the need of having a red weapon and I think ppl get more attached to their character that way.
It also goes for armors like dynasty/apella/moirai (ofc with the same stats as DC, Draco, IC, Tallum, tc) but I know none would be in favour of this suggestion

Anyway, these are just suggestions that I've seen that work in another servers and I think at least some of them would be appealing to the newbies so they take their time to know the little nuances of the server that make it special and its pvp balance, which is the real reason why ppl play here. 

Cheers!

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Fungry said:

And what about those players who own multiple pc and ip addresses? They get double, tripple etc benefits daily. I can bet that you can change ips and hardware info with some programms and just do daily tasks with unlimited accs 

Yee I know and I have to be honest, I have no clue on how you can prevent that, but maybe other ppl do know, so that is why I brought it to the table anyway xD

1 person likes this

this idea about more accessories is + for me 

also about the ip logs i think a high percentage can be evaded

i will make a new topic with all suggestion made after some days so we have all thoughts told here on an a summary topic to see which of all can and could be suggested so we do all together a final official topic on suggestions topic

1 person likes this

I have to admint. i feel like this is the first time when developers mostly eme will actually listen to the community.

My honest opinion is max ench +6 is must. 

Longer lasing pvp, MUCH less gap between newbies and veterans, and you can make a fucing cusom system that has different coulous for diff enchs.

++ for accesories, that idea of dress me system is realy good.

I'm sure its prety much complicated to do, but maybe a system where you would get additional personal reward ater event based on who did u kill. I mean same geared or not.

Lock that S grd for 1 month.

PS I'm not playing l2 anyomre, but sometimes I come by and read some post here if the server still a garbage or not, because I like the base idea of the server. Its just not worth it to play. If there would be a season when the stipulatons are good I would definetly try it.

+6 max enchant is a great idea, with extreme rare enchant scrools. This ideas look rly cool, and the server looks rly good, i wonder if a wipe is nearby. 

create other farm system, this one sucks with pony,with seal altar,domi zone, flags, everything :D 

is very hard im absolute serious, and think about people farm like a week or more to get some enchants then they start to ench and wep fail= leave most of people :D 
thats why some people here suggest ench by pvp this is great (motivate players to play much more and everyone can make wep +16)  everyone is happy 

from the start, create bp,ol,wl,tank go to pony,domi,altar,flags=OP whoever else are focus on pvp= low farm like me :D