Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkerbell

about population / future steps

78 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ill take some time to bother you again 

population on server greatly decreased and as 1st day of the month 

seems like a very critical day for season's future

i like this project a lot and i made this topic to get info from gm team and also see if players here gonna support this season for more

i have some suggestions and i invite you also spend some time because i think this project worths it

1) an online GM Team member on event (even as refferee) would help a lot server have a stable online and newcomers feel kinda more valuable

2) a Pole section on forum working with votes will help GM team a lot about players opinion on important comunitys' problems

3) i think server's ballance is tested on 50x50 fights or so , so thats why more and more players are arguing about op classes atm

also gear is an important factor which players should consider when judge the factor : Balance

i dont wanna add extra hours on anyone from GM staff but i think its more than nessecery 

*ps also i think starting newbys with S grade would increase the online (i dont wanna be unfair to anyones time of farming BUT i think that radical changes need to increase online in 1-2 days effectively)

also a negative thought is on some days when schools open maybe get some newcomers or old players but we need have already some 

conclusively and ending the post i think project's reason is to have fun with PvPing on l2 world 

so lets all focus at how we can put all a small stone to make these 2 things grow and enjoy them both.

i hope i i didnt made a boring topic :P my english are average i think anyone can read this!! 

gl and i will support any of your choices on PvP+ or fun+

expecting anyone to respond !!!

1 person likes this

On 1.9.2018 at 4:44 PM, Tinkerbell said:

On 1.9.2018 at 4:44 PM, Tinkerbell said:

Hello everyone ill take some time to bother you again 

population on server greatly decreased and as 1st day of the month 

seems like a very critical day for season's future

i like this project a lot and i made this topic to get info from gm team and also see if players here gonna support this season for more

i have some suggestions and i invite you also spend some time because i think this project worths it

1) an online GM Team member on event (even as refferee) would help a lot server have a stable online and newcomers feel kinda more valuable

2) a Pole section on forum working with votes will help GM team a lot about players opinion on important comunitys' problems

3) i think server's ballance is tested on 50x50 fights or so , so thats why more and more players are arguing about op classes atm

also gear is an important factor which players should consider when judge the factor : Balance

i dont wanna add extra hours on anyone from GM staff but i think its more than nessecery 

*ps also i think starting newbys with S grade would increase the online (i dont wanna be unfair to anyones time of farming BUT i think that radical changes need to increase online in 1-2 days effectively)

also a negative thought is on some days when schools open maybe get some newcomers or old players but we need have already some 

conclusively and ending the post i think project's reason is to have fun with PvPing on l2 world 

so lets all focus at how we can put all a small stone to make these 2 things grow and enjoy them both.

i hope i i didnt made a boring topic :P my english are average i think anyone can read this!! 

gl and i will support any of your choices on PvP+ or fun+

expecting anyone to respond !!!

Great topic ... nice ideas...but i disagree on the free S grades and i think that the only thing that would raise the population again is a fast wipe , and restart from a new chronicle like h5.

Edited by Chevignon
Double Quote
1 person likes this

As a long time lurker, i can say the population issue has been an increasing issue for the last several seasons yet nothing is done. It is extremly hard for suggestion to get implemented. Don't waste your time giving suggestions for free, just play the server as long as you enjoy it or wait for a season you want to play in.

Edited by Star64

ppl left cause the only answers they get from staff or community to their problems or inconveniences is " if u dont like it, leave, no1 is forcing you to play" ... keep saying that and it eventually they will take ur advice... 

2 hours ago, Star64 said:

As a long time lurker, i can say the population issue has been an increasing issue for the last several seasons yet nothing is done. It is extremly hard for suggestion to get implemented. Don't waste your time giving suggestions for free, just play the server as long as you enjoy it or wait for a season you want to play in.

This season is prime example for that. We had good startup balance - decent online count and gear getting cheaper faster than before, especially A grade, yet a huge part of the players moaned when others caught them up "effortlessly" regarding items while they grinded for hours and days so they can achieve the much desired "PVP advantage".
Basically we 2 portions here - the first portion of the so called "core community", of which large part contains guys that prefer to spend half of their day to farm gear so they can get their dreamed advantage of 2-3 hitting newbies, and we have the second portion, those who are new to the server. Sadly, most of those who are new to the server are total noobs who quit after 1-2 hours spent in the server, just because some of the "core members" focus mostly on them and they can't figure out the server setup or generally lack the desire to do it while they get owned by some bellend.
There are still a lot of downsides or bad implemented things of the server setup, things like best maps missing at the start of the season, rank leveling, map objectives, things which displace the essence of the real PVP at this current server setup.
Yet, even with those downsides we shouldn't have such enormous decrease of the online count after just 1-2 weeks and asks for wipes after such short period.
The plain truth is that the L2 Community, or the scrapings that are left of it nowadays is largely filled with sissy randoms who aren't used to competitive game environment and get bored playing after a couple of days. 

2 people like this

One of the problems here are the "pr0s" with DB+16 that crit 8/10 for 5,5k newbies. They crying about being instanted by them and leave the server. Another PROBLEM is enchanting - some1 fail enchanting and RQ. I was about to RQ many times atm (wasted 250k a on AM and i got AM+6 atm).

For me, remove all this dumb mission run with pony,seal the oltar,stay in domi zoni... is a simple we are in pvp server add everything from pvp why we should run for flags and others bullshits, and this enchant system everyone nowdays want to play with gear++  so i saw the idea to ench gear from pvp- is a great everyone will focus on pvp's they will got stimulate to play more and more.. what now make bp,tank,wl go to domi zone, go to pony.go run for flags ,seal oltar?? 
remove this mini events for 100adena- waste of time.. remove this raidboss jws drop add something else.. like wich side complete all maps everyday at 00:00 they will have raidboss with some drop,but boss will be very hard to kill dont know something else is unfair with this raidboss jws drop,
everything else is perfect for me 

also you can add clan area we are we can make 2x2,3x3,5v5,9x9

right now im playing from the start of server only soultaker 3.5k pvp's 1-2bews some other shit no adena, i change to bp for 1day i farm 10k+ alot of eenchatns lifestones everything? :DD 

thats why people leaving they should play support class to farm?? wtf is 2k18 

i think we are in pvp server, so stimulate the pvp not the events domi zone,pony,flags,oltar, 

私は初期の時(何年前か?)にOVC設定に戻る方が良いと思います。当時は多くの人がいました。
現在の設定では、30日後に人が減少します。
武器の魅力や価格などに問題があると全員が考えている。
スヴェードはもっと高価なはずです。
私はアグラデの自由が速かったと感じました。

Edited by yamada
2 people like this

1 hour ago, yamada said:

現在の設定では、30日後に人が減少します。
スヴェードはもっと高価なはずです。
私はアグラデの自由が速かったと感じました。

+1

ok guys (and girls) thank you all for response !!

well i think there are ways to "solve" these "little" problems,

as for GM team i dont really think they dont care ... i mean they allways on (as long as i play here)

anyway the most important thing on this kind of projects even if they have such a nice setup and staff is supportness (in my oppinion)

thats why i did 2-3 <<sugestions>> but on General Discussion so we can talk about what have all in mind before make an official one

i still think that vote pole section is a nice tool for either adminstration/players 

ill be around for futher or not discussion 

*ps i dont mind help 

i just dont know what people really want because we dont really need admin to fill again server with ppl

we can all choose a day in this week and go make new chars so we can do a mini wipe and promote a day in week wich hard core players are off and we can play as newcomers

but for such actions needs communication

On 02/09/2018 at 11:40 AM, yamada said:

現在の設定では、30日後に人が減少します。
スヴェードはもっと高価なはずです。
私はアグラデの自由が速かったと感じました。

Sorry I dont speak terrorism, can you translate :D 

PS first part was a joke, maybe

1 person likes this

Every season we get those improvement threads when the playerbase goes down and nearly every season there is a change in features in different directions (like easier enchant/harder enchant, easier equip farm, harder equip farm, easier epics, more epics and so on) and still every season u will see this decrease.

In the first seasons i also believed that its a matter of features and a change will help but after all the seasons and changes in all possible thinking directions i came to the result, that it doesnt matter what u change or not...its the community themself, that is based on zillions of different interests, that u will never suit them.

I watched a while all those russian GvE projects and they have the same issue after few weeks.

I have to admit, that there is something, that was never tried before (atleast i think so). That all starts with top gear and we allow just slighty improvements (like max +6, epics). So instant pure pvp, like it was mentioned by "mojo" above.

But i can already take a look into the future of such a season. It wouldnt work too, since all the hardcore players (and no doubt, l2ovc have a big core of those kind of gamers), wouldnt be happy since they will be maxed out after 2 days or would leave, since they dont benefit from their item advantage against newbies. We would get suggestions to increase the enchant level, to create new archive goals etc. Implementing those new goals would lead into new advantages for veterans against newbies and so on. Main Core of people arent interested in the pvp themself. They wanna see benefits like increasing equipment or total pvp domination or both.

Its a circle, that always leads to the exact same point, as we are now.

i will agree with you at the fact that easier and proggresivly controled server growth is a longer lasting growth.

i dont know if this community can afford changes and i did not made this topic for that reason. 

instead saw people even from the hard core , spend some time to take that advantage which i totaly understand, been left alone and kinda feeling to blame someone and something but the truth is that this situation is on every server even the top ones. 

all we can do as forum members / community i think is get closer the one to the other , open our thoughts ideas find a common Democratical solution and support it till the end with trust and faith. or esle as some members said before just do your game and have fun which is also 100% respectable (?)

anyway by talking come solutions , ideas thats the reason of the topic.

russians is a whole different community with a very larger population of gamers because they are a huge country and it is normal i think.

with the possitives and negatives ofc. 

unity i think is the #1 thing that russians have and we dont as a community for their reasons.

1 person likes this

imo just delete gatos from game, 99% problems solved. ty

2 people like this

also big issue highlithed by our contemporany philosofer yamada, which is when A grade got free many people quit. My suggestion is make the price on items static. Make special discount, or even coupon later on when newbies reach rank 2 or so

I think reaching low population is inevitable somewhow. By all years i have been here this is a process that sometimes takes less, or takes longer, but it happens anyway. I always come with the same suggestion and they are pretty much ignored, basically one of the issues imo is aden siege. Sieges and olys are indicator of server well being, and for newbies is "motivating" somewhow to see that there is competition going on, and he wont waste his time farming in a dead server.

This season we had at 1st siege (1st one, not 4th one) 2 clans fighting for it. Despite clan shop is good, its not an incentive to early clans leader since the prices of the enchants is always lower in the market at the 1st weeks. 

Imo also PVP in our server (which is pretty much well developed and for me its reaching its "end developement stage" in interlude) should be integrated with some kind of PVE. If we want to dream big, imagine how awesome would be having our server in a open map, which means no need for this 30 minutes event. just a straght open map of pvp mixed with pve and objectives going on throught all time. 

The "events" we have currently could be transformed into real events, for the sake of the word, things that are special and happen occasionaly. 

I hope other people come with suggestions, being it good or not, cause as i see the "good" suggestions that got into "accepeted" thing didnt really change our deal, only postponed it. 

1 person likes this

So my bet for this is : rework on prices, rework on raid bosses (make it really a determinant), rework on sieges (take it off from sunday, increase incentives for non-participating clan and clanless people to go, make solo objectives like if it was a map), rework on enchanthing (there was a good topic about this linking enchants with pvp kills). Take off donations from 1st week (big determinant, if u thing in economics side maybe u get a huge load of money in it, but if u thing long term these returns can be compensated with a more time of a competitional season happening, which will then increase donation returns). Lower donator arbitrage from discount npc (even more). 

Honestly everything that tweaks the economy the way it shouldn be will take off the link between the nominal side and the real side, which in turn will lower server lifespan. About gameplay i said already above, i think 30 - 5 - 30 - 5 schematic is a two sided gun, when its crowded its awesome. when server gets off pvps gets boring, objective- abusers start to show up, elo system bugs and u have 10 hours of waiting, etc...

well all these could be tested on a beta (?)

for enchant i have also an idea like +4 = 100 scrolls +5 =150 scrolls etc its the same system on a differend way somehow u just remove luck factor

about donations i think you can put some basic stuff at the 1st week and buy staff with discount pre paid on 1st week but ull take items on 2nd for example 

idk.. that came on my mind when i read your post :P

8 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

well all these could be tested on a beta (?)

for enchant i have also an idea like +4 = 100 scrolls +5 =150 scrolls etc its the same system on a differend way somehow u just remove luck factor

about donations i think you can put some basic stuff at the 1st week and buy staff with discount pre paid on 1st week but ull take items on 2nd for example 

idk.. that came on my mind when i read your post :P

Sure these things can be tested in beta but beta here, and anywhere probably,  is never fully accurate. The dynamics of server is completely different when u start with 20 people or 500, imo .

Edited by Lesley