Abuelo

WARNING! SCAMMER CLAN / CLAN REWARDS SUGGESTION FOR ADMIN

16 posts in this topic

Dear community of L2ovc,

A brief intro about myself, this is actually my first season here and have to say that me and my brother (Queipo) have had lots of fun since the day we joined. 

Now going to the issue. I wanted to share on this post an experience I had a couples of days ago. Using this opportunity to make you aware of a scam that can be done massively on this server.

A couple of days ago my brother and I decided to start looking for a clan. This idea came from the fact that belonging to a clan provides a set of skills that improve char. After talking with several clan members around we found a clan that suited more our style (Spanish speaker leader, around same level of improvement, full clan skills, etc). The clan name is Mein and his leader goes by the char name mDMA, afrodite, adrenaline. Everything was going well until my brother one day needed to trade items from my account to his and I happened to be too busy at work to help him. As not as good as it might sound on your head while reading a post from a stranger that got his items stolen, try to think about the context of what happened next. My brother with the urgent need of trading my items decided to ask help to the clan leader, again is not just another player from server is a clan leader. He as soon as got the items traded kicked both my brother and I from clan and kept items (RB jewels). After a couple of days we hoped that he will eventually make up his mind and return the items, but even after telling other clan members about the issue and having heard that members will talk with him, he never turn the items back. Just wanted to let everybody know the power that comes from having a player own a clan that its eventually necessary to have better stats in game. I believe this kind of behavior and misuse of the gaming style allows to create not a healthy and friendly playing environment, unless admins here allow to have either mafias or gangs in server. As a suggestion I believe that solutions like the recent post that emerald did about having stores in siege castles with better prices/items are better incentives. They actually go along the bases of a clan which are recruiting the best players you can in order to win sieges and farm together to improve. This direct power given to a clan and clan leaders in general is just a tool for regular users to create corruption and as we all know we don't live in a perfect world and there is always that guy who abuses because knows in the bottom that there will be no punishment.

I hope this post will be useful and create awareness for everyone.

Looking forward to read your comments, answers,

Best,

Jm (Abuelo)

1 person likes this

Even tho that sucks it is your brothers fault. These kind of things happens regularly in games, in real life etc. Lets hope this will be good lesson for him not to trust people he dont know well. Last season Luffy scammed AM +16 and nothing happened even tho he admitted that :)   

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Fungry said:

Even tho that sucks it is your brothers fault. These kind of things happens regularly in games, in real life etc. Lets hope this will be good lesson for him not to trust people he dont know well. Last season Luffy scammed AM +16 and nothing happened even tho he admitted that :)   

ahaahahahaaahahaahaaahqaagaga

scam is a standard here

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Abuelo said:

Just wanted to let everybody know the power that comes from having a player own a clan that its eventually necessary to have better stats in game. I believe this kind of behavior and misuse of the gaming style allows to create not a healthy and friendly playing environment, unless admins here allow to have either mafias or gangs in server.

The did two bad choices/unlucky choices there - joining the clan and having ur items traded like this. The choice to join the clan is yours. You can create your own and buy crp in your god npc to buy skills. Here there is no punishment for these kind of things. It is bad, but emerald cant babysit everyone who get scammed. I took some time to understand that but now i kinda do. 

It is important for players to really think when joining a clan or rather you can just create one if is all about the skills for you. TBH they are not that much expensive. On leader's side we spend alot of money and in my case much of my own money developing clan (past where many ppl had full A sets and I were still on B grade). Royals and Order guards are fcking expensive and have 1 slot only. So yeah, in this moment where gucci leaders are taking very careful invite choices, bad ones are scamming ppl with taxes. This is not the 1st time I heard from players this season that clans were abusing with tax payment and kicking people right after or using the money for other stuff. 

That is one of the reasons that I also wanted to make this post. Several clans contacted before joining this mentioned clan, also requested a daily tax or even a intro tax excusing themselves about the costs of building a clan. Again this corruption only exists because people is looking for those extra skills that allow for stat improvement. I believe that this should not be a reward that regular player have the power to manage, because at the end everyone is forced to join or create a clan, but see in your case creating one costed you time and effort and I bet that you were mostly looking for the skills improvement rather than having a clan for hanging out with mates when you even couldn't afford it. For a healthy environment this should be changed and rewards like conquering a castle with better priced stores should be enough for people to do a normal recruitment  and avoid an extortion that is going on right now in the server, unless admins here allow it I believe this is against fair game rules.

In my opinion this is not matter for administration to solve, they did the best limiting slots and ally. About my clan is where u mistake, when I had my core members active the point was only to play together and have fun and this is the foundation to any decent clan not only here but everywhere in L2 and in games generally speaking

I keep my point that when I’m investing in clan pdef you can invest in better armour. There is no corruption in the system itself but in some of its agents. They explore this market failure in their own benefit just like any irl politician lel.

What can you do? 1. Create your own clan

2. Play clanless

3. Find a decent clan

gl (:

Honestly there’s plenty of new players around how hard is it to go on npc create clan and macro recluto latinos in some shortcut?

Again, we are having a situation that leads to misuse of rewards. As any other government of course there is corruption but the goal is to try to make it harder for cases like this to happen. Which translate to players milking other players. Indeed admins have the power to fix this issue by just simply removing direct stats improvement by receiving clan skills. Just make a clan for fun and as a reward conquer castles with your buddies and buy items at better prices. So again we are recruiting for fun  and not having a situation where people pay to clan leaders for skills (The total opposite of what a clan should be used/created for). It might not happen in your clan but you do know that it is something going on and as a high power admins should eventually look deeper in the issue. If not again we are not playing on a fair and healthy environment. 

It’s not about milking u expect leader to spend full clan skills alone? Makes no sense. You join the clan, you see it has few skills, leader asks you money, next day you have more skills. Else, join clan, check skills, full skills, leader asks you money, you say what for?? Do I have to teach you how to brush your teeth also?

About deleting clan skills are you serious? Since they are available for everyone to purchase how fair would be in the opposite side for people that spend 10x the tax you paid in it? (Leaders). I see no logic only emotions in your speech.

Posted (edited)

On 8/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, Abuelo said:

Dear community of L2ovc,

A brief intro about myself, this is actually my first season here and have to say that me and my brother (Queipo) have had lots of fun since the day we joined. 

Now going to the issue. I wanted to share on this post an experience I had a couples of days ago. Using this opportunity to make you aware of a scam that can be done massively on this server.

A couple of days ago my brother and I decided to start looking for a clan. This idea came from the fact that belonging to a clan provides a set of skills that improve char. After talking with several clan members around we found a clan that suited more our style (Spanish speaker leader, around same level of improvement, full clan skills, etc). The clan name is Mein and his leader goes by the char name mDMA, afrodite, adrenaline. Everything was going well until my brother one day needed to trade items from my account to his and I happened to be too busy at work to help him. As not as good as it might sound on your head while reading a post from a stranger that got his items stolen, try to think about the context of what happened next. My brother with the urgent need of trading my items decided to ask help to the clan leader, again is not just another player from server is a clan leader. He as soon as got the items traded kicked both my brother and I from clan and kept items (RB jewels). After a couple of days we hoped that he will eventually make up his mind and return the items, but even after telling other clan members about the issue and having heard that members will talk with him, he never turn the items back. Just wanted to let everybody know the power that comes from having a player own a clan that its eventually necessary to have better stats in game. I believe this kind of behavior and misuse of the gaming style allows to create not a healthy and friendly playing environment, unless admins here allow to have either mafias or gangs in server. As a suggestion I believe that solutions like the recent post that emerald did about having stores in siege castles with better prices/items are better incentives. They actually go along the bases of a clan which are recruiting the best players you can in order to win sieges and farm together to improve. This direct power given to a clan and clan leaders in general is just a tool for regular users to create corruption and as we all know we don't live in a perfect world and there is always that guy who abuses because knows in the bottom that there will be no punishment.

Best,

Jm (Abuelo)

Trust nobody especially in a l2j server if u dont know him enough .While this rule by trusting some popular leaders from established huge clans  may work on low rates  ,this will never work on some high rate server in general so im not speaking just about l2ovc .

All i can tell u here 99% of clan leaders are scammers and scumbag players .In a  grind low server they wouldnt be able to lead sh1t ,here they just make clan for clan skills and if they find some victims in the process ,its their profit.

I had my share of being scammed here too so i speak from experience :) .Like clan leaders that change sides during sieges when they were suposed to be ally or when i gift all my gear to some "clan leader" and when i came back he forgot who i am .

Edited by Agent

On 8/16/2018 at 0:04 AM, Abuelo said:

Again, we are having a situation that leads to misuse of rewards. As any other government of course there is corruption but the goal is to try to make it harder for cases like this to happen. Which translate to players milking other players. Indeed admins have the power to fix this issue by just simply removing direct stats improvement by receiving clan skills. Just make a clan for fun and as a reward conquer castles with your buddies and buy items at better prices. So again we are recruiting for fun  and not having a situation where people pay to clan leaders for skills (The total opposite of what a clan should be used/created for). It might not happen in your clan but you do know that it is something going on and as a high power admins should eventually look deeper in the issue. If not again we are not playing on a fair and healthy environment. 

I take back my point he may me right. A idea i check this new npc that have close to hero npc, clan skills could be given by that npc for a temporary amount of time like 1 week or so if u do the event with some clan members or give coins that could be traded for skill eggs by making mission

If it can help with clan skills, why not give automatically in event to non-clan players the first clan skills depending on their rank? 

Rank 1 = none

Rank 2-4 = shield/mbarrier/btb lvl 1

Rank 5-7 = same lvl2

Rank 8-10 = same lvl3

They won't have it for siege.

Those 3 will be less attractive for clans to buy in the beginning of the server, but the end game will remain the same for clans with less gap between clan and no-clan ppl.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:33 PM, Abuelo said:

Dear community of L2ovc,

Best,

Jm (Abuelo)

you have only but Clan Leaders around here. ))). It's all about the persons aswell. How many people or friends u find in the world ?? - few in a life time. So Try Next Time to be more careful with that. Time is precious innit' ? but it's a need...

Edited by Zirconium

On 8/16/2018 at 4:11 AM, Lesley said:

It’s not about milking u expect leader to spend full clan skills alone?

well people tends to / kinda do that ))). 

Edited by Zirconium

On 8/16/2018 at 4:04 AM, Abuelo said:

you've actually been so ethical, especially in this 1 out mate , =))). But it's dog sh1t , pardon to step in it. 

Edited by Zirconium