Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madlaxy

Summoners

13 posts in this topic

After 1 day of gameplay summoner gets 79 level, 3rd profession summon, 3rd level expert summoner's empower, 2rd level expert scavenge and understands that it's everything a summoner can get lategame. Summon is maxed out.

What's the motivation to play more? Enemies will become stronger, summon will stay the same.

Is it possible to extend summoner's gameplay? Make summon weaker early game, yet stronger lategame? Maybe split expert summoner's empower into more upgrades that require more achivements?

that's how summon works... if u wanna get more then play another class

1 person likes this

Problem1: expert summoner's empower is not scalable in late game.

Solution1: make expert summoner's empower depend on summoner's stats, not summon's stats. Summoners should buy some items not run in C grade at full power. Yet summoners should have opportunity to boost themselves through donations and long play.

Problem2: summoners are griefing other players from unreachable distance.

Solution2: make expert summoner's empower bonus 0% when distance between summon and summoner is 900, make bonus 200% when distance between summon and summoner is 0 and linear in between. This will make summon very weak far from summoner and strong near summoner. It should be risky and rewarding to come close to the enemy clowd. Griefing effect on players should be as little as possible when summoner is far from them.

These are the solutions to make summoners playable without making them imbalanced and making players of other classes disappointed.

Posted (edited)

LOL xD No comments...

If you want summoner to be scalable you should ask NCSoft for that, this is how the character works.. and it already had received boost by expert buff... I don't really think you know how summoner works.... You want it to be fking overpowered...

The thing you're talking about exists in gracia final... and this isnt gracia AFAIK

Edited by PePeR

Merged your topics, I will check it after i'm finished with some other stuff.

summoners are sick >.> their dmg is enormous

33 minutes ago, Luffy said:

summoners are sick >.> their dmg is enormous

right now for sure. not so sure how it'll look like when ppl have +6 armor sets and tattoo though. No way to keep scaling up the dmg through gear, but its an l2 design problem really that they tried to adress in later chronicles as others pointed out

dude, I have feline king and I crit A grade mage for 5k... I don't see problem here... Im sure they wont get more P def than they have now...

4 minutes ago, PePeR said:

dude, I have feline king and I crit A grade mage for 5k... I don't see problem here... Im sure they wont get more P def than they have now...

a-grade mage with +0 robe set, no tattoo and magnus chant, i guarentee you :P

dude.. get a life

if you want to grind for 30 days and get imba gear go play spoiler

if summons get buffed you should consider nerfing their reuse/cast time.

+maybe nerf banes land rate to like 70% maybe less, it's spammable anyway.

+give arcane disruption debuff treatment(it should last 2-3sec) - it's spammable and has high succes rate.

1 hour ago, Justsomeguy said:

if summons get buffed you should consider nerfing their reuse/cast time.

+maybe nerf banes land rate to like 70% maybe less, it's spammable anyway.

+give arcane disruption debuff treatment(it should last 2-3sec) - it's spammable and has high succes rate.

How long does Arcane Disruption currently last roughly? Wind Shackle already got pretty short duration and so do banes tbh, but only time i had disruption on me was when i was playing bishop so i cleansed it and couldn't see how long it lasts

This will be applied on next update:

* Summons will get damage bonus according to owner's gear: B-Grade +7%, A-Grade +14%, S-Grade +21%.