Emerald

H5 Recruitment

79 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Saintly said:

I don't see what stops anyone from joining a party.

Did you ever played faction server ? Do you know that 90% of players play solo ? Do you think these 90% will play for example tank just to give FI to any people ?

In faction server should be possible to play solo. If you cannot play solo there will be no difference with low rate server - you need pt yo be able to play. Should be clear to you that not all on low rate servers have pt what about good pt. Here the difference is that you must fight against everyone since in low rate you can be without wars and farm in peace.

Let see another case with you for example. You will have people for pt and you will play with them, but if your healer and tank are not online what you will do ? If you go on the map you will face for example me with full support and you will only die. Will you keep press to village and be my free frag or you will quit ? I bet you will quit as everyone who just die without any hope to kill someone and of course server will die fast. Faction server like this can be killed by 2-3 pt that have the right set up. Actually it happened in one of he previous season - one pt made half of the second side to quit even not full pt(glad, healer, OL, paladin and berserker) they simply killed almost everyone in front of their eyes almost without chance to be killed. Do you want to repeat this story ? :x

Its been ages since i played here so i know only what happened in the last 2 seasons that was catering to solo's/random's and how long the seasons lasted.
As long as there are not at least a couple of average skill, semi-known guilds to attract people/enemies the same will happen.

Apparently Emerald said he don't plan to make support classes viable this season either so it'll be solo/random season again, hope that this time will work tho.

And to answer your question, yes i would play. :)
I did it on RvG where both the skill floor/ceiling was far higher so i don't see why i would give up here.
Farmed players can still farm without issues while newbies can always play healer/support.

Posted (edited)

Btw dunno who this experienced  people are that will suggest balance .I dont trust that many people here know what they are doing or they have really the needed experience .And those who had ussualy stay away .But i think Chevignon is a good choice not sure about others ...

I myself i dont have so much experience in hi5 ,but i have plenty with hellbound and GF .

BTW if its to speak some issues that hi5 had i can mention few :

-glad tyrant mages were little OP once they got +300 weapons .But i think mainly because of my point bellow

-resists were based on GF model ,many people complained about it .Damage boost from elements were much much more than in H5

-Paladins are little OP end game .1 of few changes I would make is to make FI and AI not stackable together :Something that NCSoft should have done because basically its same buff self model and party model .Also Sacrifice from Paladins it was extreme powerfull ,it was kinda gamebreaking when abused .A paladin with mage buffs and acumen weapon could tank 10+ people that was agroing randomly or specific targets just to annoy them .Something must be done about it ,maybe reduce power on sacrifice route if possible .

-FI  SOS and Prahnah are very potent party buffs .Maybe for better balance this such buffs should be self only .But I would let party UD as it is since it has a longer reuse .

Edited by Agent

3 hours ago, Agent said:

A paladin with mage buffs and acumen weapon could tank 10+ people that was agroing randomly or specific targets just to annoy them .Something must be done about it ,maybe reduce power on sacrifice route if possible .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAH

BUTTHURT

7 hours ago, ichakala said:

Did you ever played faction server ? Do you know that 90% of players play solo ? Do you think these 90% will play for example tank just to give FI to any people ?

In faction server should be possible to play solo. If you cannot play solo there will be no difference with low rate server - you need pt yo be able to play. Do you want to repeat this story ? :x

Yea, lets play the server for two weeks and then it will slowly die. Like it has done in the last seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, we could try something different than the solo bullshit? Oh and btw, the most succesful seasons where the ones w/o clan bullshit, clan content, and the ones that promoted team play (only <75 buffs in NPC)

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Star64 said:

Yea, lets play the server for two weeks and then it will slowly die. Like it has done in the last seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, we could try something different than the solo bullshit? Oh and btw, the most succesful seasons where the ones w/o clan bullshit, clan content, and the ones that promoted team play (only <75 buffs in NPC)

This.

Get 2-3 average guilds to join, give the solo crybabies the dark souls treatment and the server will last for a good while.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:30 AM, Star64 said:

The community of the server is solo players(~90%) and you can't change this fact. This is normal for faction server.

And what you mean with "we" ? Who ? Will you call organized clans and pts to play here ? Will you create clan with rules ? Can you make a clan only with constant parties ? Do you think someone can do something of previous ?

If you understand pt based game by making tank with -9 str I have nothing to say :x

I can give you many examples why server should be focused on solo players and should be pretty place for them but I don't think its needed.

I played here several seasons and never met full good pt, so wtf are you dreaming about ?

If 2 full good pt join in this server at one side they will force other side to leave fast and they will kill the server, do not forget this.

That's why server should be made in way to be possible for every solo player to play.

So instead of trying something new lets have the server die in 2 weeks again.

Here are some facts:
Nothing stops solo's from joining parties.
Setups that favored solos/randoms made the server die in less than a month.
If at least 1 average guild joins on each side and there's quality PvP more and more guilds will join.
And now is a perfect time for a guild/party based server since Bless flopped hard/will be dead soon and many of those who tried it are ex-L2 players/guilds that will probably get back to their good old game.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, ichakala said:

The community of the server is solo players(~90%) and you can't change this fact. This is normal for faction server.

I'm just saying that the people who want to play as team should have a chance, which they actually don't. Thus they can't play. I have many friends that would play but its happens they cannot play most classes which they enjoy playing.

10 hours ago, ichakala said:

If you understand pt based game by making tank with -9 str I have nothing to say :x

I can give you many examples why server should be focused on solo players and should be pretty place for them but I don't think its needed.

I played here several seasons and never met full good pt, so wtf are you dreaming about ?

If 2 full good pt join in this server at one side they will force other side to leave fast and they will kill the server, do not forget this.

That's why server should be made in way to be possible for every solo player to play.

To the rest of the post, you're either retarded or trying to be funny. I feel sorry for you: You say you've not met a party that is good but your ass is still sore cause a paladin and his party was dominating event after event.

I'm not going to drag this any further cause the topic was focusing on how to help the server, but its pretty clear that even though a chronicle which is dominated by gladis in any other server, you guys are trying to put paladins as an OP class. Sad.

Edited by Star64

Posted (edited)

So... I dunno about party buffs or not. I'd rather have them party buff to keep a certain consistency with the original game.
If SoS/FI/Prahnah and else are party buffs, we need to nerf them in some way = more time on the subject.
If they are selfbuff, end of story = more time for else.

But If you plan to make them Self Buff, you should at least make them Party Buff at Castle Siege (not the event ones), or maybe even during Grand Bosses. It can even take a buff slot, people can organise for Siege and we have alt+click to remove one.
Solo players will be happy in events and Parties/Guilds will make the comp they want, at least once a week. Even Counter Dash/Rapid Shot =P

Edited by Canou

If u wanna give chance to solo players and also satisfy groups, maybe increase the cd of major party buff skills, so groups wont destroy solo players every X minutes, but the group still can benefit from the teamplay.

There's no way to satisfy both, a you will just end up with both sides unhappy.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:30 AM, Star64 said:

I don't see why we cant try that for once with minimal custom stuff.
In worst case scenario the server will die in 2/3 weeks instead of the usual 1 month.

Cut the nonsense regarding team play on pvp servers already, it becomes boring to read - I don't understand how people end up roaming this forum for years trying to turn this server into something different, if it can make a server so sucesful then there must be dozens of them out there, just go and pick one to play on.

You've had dozens of seasons to prove that team play can indeed improve the server, yet it just made it worse, nobody ever came up with brilliant ideas to both keep teamplay AND make everybody happy, why? because it simply CANNOT be done on a server where all you do is PvP - its enough 1 oraginized party (not even talking about clans here) to break everything.

Even when I made the change to clan slots nobody, not a single person, could give me a valid reason why it shouldn't be changed, instead of just crying their eyes out from a change that doesn't even affect them, last season it simply ended up in 1 clan recruiting whole server just so they can say "we dominated", it had nothing to do with friendship / true teamplay at all.

All people did was abusing any teamplay factor exists to break any fun aspect of the game whenever it was possible, there will be teamplay aspect, but it will be kept to a very minimal manner - so players who trully play together will enjoy it, but players who will try to abuse it will not be able to.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

{...} last season it simply ended up in 1 clan recruiting whole server just so they can say "we dominated", it had nothing to do with friendship / true teamplay at all.

All people did was abusing any teamplay factor exists to break any fun aspect of the game whenever it was possible, there will be teamplay aspect, but it will be kept to a very minimal manner - so players who trully play together will enjoy it, but players who will try to abuse it will not be able to.

Im glad you got this up since no one talked about it really always the same bla bla bla when things start going off-topic. Really beggining of season we had what: Nio clan, veilside, maze at chaos; some latinos,luffy kat and prinny at order.

Honestly any of us know enough people to zerg the server and win like u guys did, making giant allies and recruiting everyone. After 1st siege which u guys (zergside) clearly saw u had at least twice as much people than ANY clan/ally, I expect at least u guys disband ally and play alone with ur clan. But no. The clans kept breaking and remaking ally to camp castle, not only being much more stronger in long terms cause of much more ppl but exploiting every and other way, would it be zerging sieges, feeding olys or using stupid classes on pvp. 

Shame on u guys honestly, i dont even want to remember this when im stoned cause the level of stupidity in this is beyond

After that we even switched the whole clan to order trying to balance somehow, and they kept inviting that what i ROFL more. really..... if u gonna do this next season please dont use ur real names

Edited by Lesley

Posted (edited)

With the bullsh1t i said above goin on and the easy enchants promoting more unbalance server we had by far the worst IL season with 10213911220391 thousands of improvements emerald did since 2016. So my point is doesnt matter if server is perfectly balanced if they exploit the game in this way, im not telling you to be worse players or play less, just to play fair. As we see that doesnt happen cause (some) egos are so big in greece, some restrictions should be applied in my opinion.

Edited by Lesley

One idea is to limit clan slots and enable ally later on, or maybe never. Remake clan war to be useful and make clan skills more expensive. Idk add some clan quests to fill some map objectives. 

Also aden siege should be a real thing even for those who dont have clan or dont want castle. Like.. no event goin on while siege is happening and idk... 2 hours of different things a clan have to do to get castle not only cresting castle with 2x people or with some untagged friends idk i see they always find a way to break the system. 

Imo if clan tend to be strong than randoms cause of skills, newbie death buff should be boosted for untagged ppl as clans get their skills.

I dont know if these things are possible but there are some key points why clan org fail in ovc and one of them is lack of objectives

By saying lack of objectives doesnt mean adding a shop in aden castle for those who are stronger get even more and shorten even more season lifespan. But making what exists already more expensive and harder to get etc

Posted (edited)

Just disable clans completely and have "chaos" and "order" clan.
Zerging problem solved. On the other hand i doubt this will happen either.

Not sure about others, but the way i see it you are killing the strong point of H5 atm, and that being all classes being playable/useful by putting everything on buffer.

Edited by Saintly

Well no clans and just chaos and order clan

Leader could be chosen per week from votes and by killing an enemies raid you could get clan pts and leaders could be able to get clan skills

Also if one side has the castle would get some bonus 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like that idea, but like Emerald said, I'm afraid that it won't stop people from abusing anything possible to break that balance. It just needs one discord group to create a clan outside of the game and coordinate from there via voice. However you balance it, you just simply can't. There will always be some odds breaking the gameplay.

Edited by Avanael

just give every1 free clan skills and end this problem once and for all.

7 hours ago, RollingAsh said:

just give every1 free clan skills and end this problem once and for all.

I would prefer get skills for doing tasks daily

For example do in 1 day:

play 2 maps - p def +

play 5 maps - m atk +

Do 10 kills - m def +

do 100 kills  - p atk + 

win 1 event, etc

res 1 player etc

be online for 1h  etc

kill 100 mobs in farm area - + exp and sp points

PS I was thinking about daily tasks to get some decent rewards, more time u spent online doing tasks = bigger rewards and besides daily tasks Emerald could reduce pvp rewards. Maybe this could help to get more decent online since being online and doing tasks rewards you but killing wont be that rewarding to not let nolifers get too much ahead. Just an idea feel free to tweak it. 

that seems pretty much, just add full clan skills as a vote reward or something. The beauty of a faction server is that you login and play, doing tasks/quest even being forced to join a clan for clan skills seems out of place here, if people wanna do clan things let them fight for castle or for their glory with other clans, but make the clan skills available for every1... we all know 90% of the players in a clan are there for the skills, if some1 really wants to play with a clan he will do that without being influenced by clan skills, you can even consider it being a balance update, seeing how most of the server is formed of solo players giving every1 clan skills for voting would be better for the overall pvp.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Star64 said:

I'm just saying that the people who want to play as team should have a chance, which they actually don't. Thus they can't play. I have many friends that would play but its happens they cannot play most classes which they enjoy playing.

To the rest of the post, you're either retarded or trying to be funny. I feel sorry for you: You say you've not met a party that is good but your ass is still sore cause a paladin and his party was dominating event after event.

I'm not going to drag this any further cause the topic was focusing on how to help the server, but its pretty clear that even though a chronicle which is dominated by gladis in any other server, you guys are trying to put paladins as an OP class. Sad.

Dominating ? Where ? Here ? You ? With fighter class -9 str who talk about game knowledge ? Omg .... You never "dominate" here ... You can dominate only with one condition - to be alone :D

I wondered how long it took to "agro bot" like you make me laugh, I do not have to wait long :D

Do you think that someone ever played paladin with -9 str without even one offensive buff ? The more scary it is that you think it is "team" game, and that you show game knowledge...

You and you mighty team never finished on the top of the map even once, you were and you will be always free meat even for people who have no idea of how to get correct buffs ....

Even in this post  you contradict yourself , do you understand it ?

Posted (edited)

Honestly i dont want see this OP selfhealing agrobots in HI5 that we had in other seasons .This should be a priority .Its a class that can be abused by stupid people .

Edited by Agent