Emerald

H5 Recruitment

79 posts in this topic

So, as many of you requested, and after 2 years of break from this game version, i'm about to start working on it again.

That doesn't mean that next season will be H5 yet, it depends much on how development progress will go and how much cooperation I will get.

Basically I need testers, that's all, feel free to send me your requests in a PM, I will accept only people who got some history on this server, and that I know I can get some good results with.

People who will be accepted will get access to the test server, along with a private forum where we can make our discussions.

I might keep this topic updated from time to time with game development progress and screenshots.

5 people like this

server finished? today i dream with it 

That's some good news.

Even tho its non of my business but here's a suggestion.
Make sure that the testers you pick know what they are talking about. *cough* People where crying about stuns while in DC robe *cough*

gratz for decision

best wishes from now on

Making it alittle bit more clear about the requirements:
* You got to have experience in High Five gameplay from playing l2off/retail servers.
* You have to be someone I know, mainly active forum users (just playing the server isn't enough).
* The gameplay will be similar to IL, the tests needs to be focused mainly on skills, items, balance, olympiad, siege and anything else that might come up.

Testers will have the chance to get first look at the full features and suggest changes.

Good point to test it in advance with trusted people, who are willing to help with the intention to make it a better H5 season :)

Best of luck, I look forward to playing it again.

Good decision, keep it up!

On 13/05/2018 at 4:23 PM, Avanael said:

Good point to test it in advance with trusted people, who are willing to help with the intention to make it a better H5 season :)

Best of luck, I look forward to playing it again.

Hardest gonna be balance between newbies and nolifers

@emerald when do you expect to open it more or less? Can't wait

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Fungry said:

Hardest gonna be balance between newbies and nolifers

U cannot ever balance that and its a part of the game .Emerald can at most boost newbies giving them some temporary help make it easier for them to reach the end game .Most important aspect is to make it viable for newbies to be able to develop their char at decent rate at any stage of server .

Edited by Agent
1 person likes this

Most important aspect is to make it viable for newbies to be able to develop their char at decent rate at any stage of server .

Isnt that balance? :D

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Fungry said:

Isnt that balance? :D

its not the same as in class balance context .Help or suport are the words that should be adressed .

Edited by Agent

7 hours ago, Agent said:

its not the same as in class balance context .Help or suport are the words that should be adressed .

Now you are being just a di*k :D It is basically the same, word games but you got my idea. Anyway lets not get off topic. I hope to see you next season :) 

Imo 1st question we have to ask about class balancing is : we want to make classes similar to retail or balanced in ovc pvp world? Maybe these are not convergent things for all classes. I mean, maybe making it more close to retail makes it way useless or way too strong. Lets not forget GC mages how stupid was it...

Emerald dude.... Man u dont have problems with chronicles.... u have problem with ur server and BALANCE.... u can put every fakin chronicle but always u have problem with balance.... think about that.... look liitle at some other server or try to contact other gm to help u god damn.. .Salute :D

Then try to help him with some good suggestions instead of crying

6 hours ago, Justsomeguy said:

Balance in l2 OMEGALUL

All big servers pay real money to at least 2 leaders so they keep the server interesting for longer/sure.

5 hours ago, maze said:

All big servers pay real money to at least 2 leaders so they keep the server interesting for longer/sure.

Well ovc is gve so no reason to do that since most of the ppl are solo

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, detro said:

Well ovc is gve so no reason to do that since most of the ppl are solo

The reason is always there. It's a matter of whether or not it's worth it in terms of money. If OvC did this, for example, you would only see real return in terms of money on the second season; the first one would set the tone for a new kind of server management where 2 sides are up and active no matter what, where people can invest/donate after the first weeks and not only on the first or second.

Edit: One of Emerald's clan system proposals where everyone would be in the same clan is a way of trying to do this without having to pay anyone ;)

Edited by maze

15 hours ago, maze said:

That's why l2 is dead and every "big" server is shit.

14 minutes ago, Justsomeguy said:

That's why l2 is dead and every "big" server is shit.

And here you are (and me) on the forum of a L2 server that is closed. 

L2 is not dead and it won't die in the next couple of years for sure. I like big servers, there's something about having 3 sides of 8 parties fighting for epics that I can't find in any other game. I think most of the people playing here are also looking for that "kick", which is why the server dies so quickly when there's not enough people for more than 20vs20 in one event.

1 person likes this