Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emerald

Vote: clans #1

20 posts in this topic

This is going to be long so read it carefully, read it 3 times if need to, think heavily of all the pros and cons, and only then vote AND respond.

General:
* Players will no longer be able to create clans.
* 2 clans will be premade: "Order" and "Chaos" with alliances "Anakim" and "Lilith".
* Both clans will start with level 0 and all royal guards/knights.
* Players will automatically join their clan after choosing a faction.
* Players will be appointed to royal guard / knight depending on their main class.
* Players will be appointed to main clan after getting noble status.
* Newbies will be appointed to Academy at a later stage of the server (can give bonuses like free clan skills for some time).

Reputation / Leveling:
* Killing players in PvP will reward the clan with 1 point.
* Every event will reward both clans with CRP depending on their score.
* Winning Aden Castle will reward the clan with 500 points and will take 500 points from the enemy clan.
* When enough CRP is collected for leveling up, the clan will automatically level up.
* Every midnight, 5% clan reputation points will be reduced from both clans.
* The clan can delevel if CRP becomes lower than the level requirement after the midnight reduction.

Leaders:
* Clan leader will change every midnight based on the top player in that day according to stats / activity.
* Same for royal guards/knights leaders.
* Clan/ally crest can be decided only by the clan leader.
* Leaders will be rewarded with something (needs to be thought of - for example the ability to use bubbles with no spell/battle force).

Skills:
* Players will be able to buy clan skills individually, for example if I buy Clan Shield, only me will be affected by it.
* More clan skills will be opened to players based on their rank and clan level.
* If a certain skill requires for example clan level 6, and the clan delevels, the skill becomes disabled for all these who learned it until the clan levels back up.

Siege:
* The clans will automatically register to Aden Castle siege.
* All clan members will be able to engrave the statue during the siege.

Misc:
* Trade chat will not be faction chat anymore (since clan/ally chats will be used for that).
* Heroes will not give clan reputation points (can increase their noble pass reward instead).

What does it come to solve?
* Players will be able to temporary change faction anytime they wish, when they do so, they will also be transffered to the enemy clan.
* No more big clans in one side while none on the other.

Everything is open for changes, it is only a draft.
If I missed something let me know and i'll add it.
Note that this feature is not for the current season.

2 people like this

One BIG problem i see with this are Overlords.

1 person likes this

When the last seasons wrong decisions backfire...

There is no need to re-invent  lineage.

You cannot dismantle clans. People like to play with their group of friends ,CPs  etc etc

Nobody likes to be homogenized. Some are plebs and some others are making an impact. some are solo

some are in clan . Dont take the fun out of the game. 

Everyone is free to leave clan and play solo on whatever faction he likes. And dont mention the clan skills. 

Thats the price he has to pay.

I prefer to wait for hours to join an event, rather than being homogenized 

5 minutes ago, Asmodin said:

One BIG problem i see with this are Overlords.

Could think of something, like changing the skill to pick the nearest 10 members only, or increasing its power and making it a party skill.

4 minutes ago, WavyJones said:

When the last seasons wrong decisions backfire...

There is no need to re-invent  lineage.

You cannot dismantle clans. People like to play with their group of friends ,CPs  etc etc

Nobody likes to be homogenized. Some are plebs and some others are making an impact. some are solo

some are in clan . Dont take the fun out of the game. 

Everyone is free to leave clan and play solo on whatever faction he likes. And dont mention the clan skills. 

Thats the price he has to pay.

Give me real pros and cons, "don't reinvent lineage" isn't really a thing, especially on a faction server where nearly nothing is like a normal server.

Tell me what are you really going to lose if such a feature will be applied?

Because playing with your friends... that's a thing you can do even without a clan.

Im a huge fan of "more"!

More is the solution to this problem  We need more competition , more groups, more clans 

You need to lower the requirements of clan lvl up and clan skills just to give a motive  for the  formation of new strong clans and alliances.

Whats wrong with standing out from the crowd? We like to stand out as a clan not as a faction!

* Players will be able to temporary change faction anytime they wish, when they do so, they will also be transffered to the enemy clan.

1. If you want people to change faction freely just remove the clan penalty
  2. If you want more big clans on both sides just reduce the clan requirements

Pros:

• none

cons:

everyone will play solo,no teamwork, when you have to farm to have personal clan skills 
gthffd

You need to lower the requirements of clan lvl up and clan skills just to give a motive  for the  formation of new strong clans and alliances.

Then you confess people do it mainly for the clan skills and not really to play with their friends.

If you want people to change faction freely just remove the clan penalty

And introduce back the issue where people from the same clan avoid each other? no thanks.

everyone will play solo,no teamwork, when you have to farm to have personal clan skills 

Most of the players on the server are anyway solo, even from nearly 100 created clans - only 5 registered to aden siege, and who knows how many would actually appear, so where is the team work?

Events? then it goes back to what I said above, for events teamwork you can simply party.

And with this change that aden siege can be so much more alive.

What you need to do is make a private group of players who can prove that they are veterans/been in known guilds and stuff and ask/make them vote.

You really ain't gonna achieve anything with public polls, zergs gonna vote no, solo/skilled players yes, in the end one side will feel pissed and that their voice was not heard.

3 hours ago, WavyJones said:

why u cant continue playing with ur group of friends cps etc...?

Yes all can leave clan and play solo....but lose stat from clan skills?..what is the sense?? if u want a balance.

Maybe you can wait hours and hours to play 1 event ... but all the people can not, some people work, some people study..and they do not have all day to wait and play a 20 min event

we try to make all people play, and they are satisfied ... not just some

1 person likes this

I think its a nice idea. I thought about something like this, @Emerald.
2 sides, alliances... but when we get low population o some faction, how the system will balance maps?

PPL join clans only for clan skills? Simple, delete them. Instead of making 1 clan for each side maybe first do something like weekly events and see how it goes. Winner would get some bonuses for a week. Also language... server is mainly br/gr so clan chat would be too. How to talk with anyone if u have 50-100 ppl spamming random shit in clan chat? Server rules says that u have to use English mainly in global chat(!, hv, faction chat) yet u don't do anything when greeks spam 24/7 random shit in hv so i doubt u would do anything to ppl not speaking english in clan chat. This will be the biggest problem and that's why it would never work. Even if u have 1 big clan not everyone would play together... ppl will still be randoms just with crests.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

TL:DR

Don't get me wrong. The idea itself is nice and all but it's one of these ideas that works only in perfect case scenario.

Sorry for double post.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Justsomeguy said:

PPL join clans only for clan skills? Simple, delete them. Instead of making 1 clan for each side maybe first do something like weekly events and see how it goes. Winner would get some bonuses for a week. Also language... server is mainly br/gr so clan chat would be too. How to talk with anyone if u have 50-100 ppl spamming random shit in clan chat? Server rules says that u have to use English mainly in global chat(!, hv, faction chat) yet u don't do anything when greeks spam 24/7 random shit in hv so i doubt u would do anything to ppl not speaking english in clan chat. This will be the biggest problem and that's why it would never work. Even if u have 1 big clan not everyone would play together... ppl will still be randoms just with crests.

There is still party chat :P

And clan leader should get the ability to mute clan mates, problem solved.

Edited by Zapplix

So... i need to invite max 5 ppl just to chat with them? Wait i think it's 9 outside events. Yes, that solves it for sure... xD

2 minutes ago, Justsomeguy said:

So... i need to invite max 5 ppl just to chat with them? Wait i think it's 9 outside events. Yes, that solves it for sure... xD

From personal experience playing vanila i can tell you no one has more than 4-5 real friends. Some stick around, some play at add hours, some quit and your left with the few that sticked around for the journey. Now thats vanila, where long term friendships are esential. In custoom pvp servers most clans are formed from the best players in the server or from clans from other servers joining this season to haw some custoom pvp fun. Now preformed clans joining this server might haw an issue, but they alreaddy use mumble, discord and the clan listing is just a way to check who is online for them. 

I only get the identity argumant. We want a clan crest represents something. ELO does that allready, so being eligeable to autojoin the main faction clan has to represent some kind of competence.

Just enforce the rules, chat ban 10-15 for a week or two and the others will get the message.
Or add chat mods in game, i've seen normal players without GM skills only with chat moderation rights in other servers.

Holly Molly. 80% of you people should never public your opinion in any matter related to l2, democrasy is great but when you have no clue better keep your opinion for yourself and Emerald the major changes you have to do (since i suppose gd cant be changed anymore) are outside the game not inside (enchant system actually is the only "big" problem you have) and stop livng in 2008 its 2018 l2 has changed so is the community 

2 people like this

Why we dont just name it " Factions " and " Faction Leaders "..afterall it a faction  server.

Faction Leaders should be chosen weekly based on oly score.

Striders should  be removed or just faction leader should own one.

As Niomode said, there is no need to completely remodel the whole clan structure ! Personally i don't want to be in the same clan with 100 random lame malakas, and every week to have different random who changes the crest to some pink shit or gives malakia orders in clan chat about some castle.
 Only thing that can be done about clan is either bring back the old slot numbers, or if you gonna decrease it, just make it easier(cheaper) to level it up !
Really, there is no need to waste time for remodeling the clan structure at all, there are a lot more important things that you need to change/add, such as enchant cap, removing that Strange Machine, working on the balance/elo issue and the whole rank/objective system.

1 person likes this

We are thinking of other solutions, that might even be applied this season and will benefit everyone.

Stay tuned.