Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madlaxy

Servitor's "Move to the Target" skill

9 posts in this topic

There is skill in servitor's panel "Move" ("Move to the Target").

When used, it often slows, stops servitor's movement and / or returns servitor back several steps.

Reproduction steps:

1. Summon servitor

2. Put skill on the panel key F1

3. Target someone

4. Push and hold F1

Servitor's movement will be be broken. Instead of running to the target, servitor will do slow steps forward and roll back.

I reported similar bug with servitor's attack skill last season and it was successfully fixed. Hope this bug will also be fixed.

well I can give u another BUG with summon...

whenever you are near a wall or building or column or any geodata obstackle, and you summon pet there, the pet always get stuck in this obstackle no matter what you do... it's like 300 range radius away from character.. and it gets stucked always... it always get summoned in the obstackle I dont know why... 

especially annoying this is on Deathmatch where you can't summon pet right near the wall u have to be on the middle of room

also there is another bug.. when you summon pet and u TP to event the summon doesn't update properly.. It means that when you stay in one place you see him going up like his Position.Height is increasing (its only visual bug)

when it stays in one place you see pet model going up increasingly, when you move the height is reseted and when you stay its going up again... but when you run you dont see him running, you only see him disapearring from his previous position and appearing near you after lets say 2 seconds.. and when it appears its going up constantly like it was before...

I posted this previous seasons

there is also another bug, sometimes when your pet is attacking one guy and u send him to attack other guy, the pet "doesnt listen to you (visually)" it looks like he is still hitting old target but its only visual bug, from mechanic point of view the pet is running towards the next target, and that isnt seen, When pet reaches new target position and is hitting the new target, then you can actually see him starting running to new target and then it dissapears and appears at the new target position and u see him hitting...

Edited by PePeR

On 12/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, Madlaxy said:

There is skill in servitor's panel "Move" ("Move to the Target").

When used, it often slows, stops servitor's movement and / or returns servitor back several steps.

Reproduction steps:

1. Summon servitor

2. Put skill on the panel key F1

3. Target someone

4. Push and hold F1

Servitor's movement will be be broken. Instead of running to the target, servitor will do slow steps forward and roll back.

I reported similar bug with servitor's attack skill last season and it was successfully fixed. Hope this bug will also be fixed.

And why do you have to keep pushing it instead of just pressing one time and letting it go?

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

And why do you have to keep pushing it instead of just pressing one time and letting it go?

In short, by just pressing one time, servitor moves to the target and stops. I have to keep pushing to make servitor follow the enemy between servitor's skill attacks.

The problem is chasing running enemies. This happens on every map and very often since players like to run circles around some place.

The only efficient way to kill these enemies is to send servitor follow the target without attacking and use servitor's skill Slash when skill is ready and servitor is near the target. Slash skill deals more damage than an auto attack and is almost ready every time servitor catches up with the enemy. No point to waste time on auto attacks.

Unfortunately, there is not skill to follow the target. Move to the target skill sends servitor to the point where target is located and servitor stops as soon as it arrives at the point. The only way to make servitor follow the target without attacking is to keep pushing button with move to the target skill.

Also move to the target skill is used as the most reliable and easy way to make servitor follow summoner for a short period of time until it can be send to the enemy.

I can confirm all the bug reports on this thread.

It's nearly impossible for example, in Giran town domination, to run around the town center chasing someone with your summon. 80% of the time it'll be "Cannot see your target", then it gets stuck somehow, then you try to Move To a target and it just freaking goes and stops, press Change Movement Type so it always follows you and it works until the next time you press Attack or Stop. Frustrating.

1 person likes this

this class is bugged as fuck and emerald cant fix 

On 18.12.2016 at 2:16 PM, maze said:

"Cannot see your target"

thats actually what emerald did xD broke it even harder

Edited by PePeR

On 16.12.2016 at 1:39 AM, Madlaxy said:

In short, by just pressing one time, servitor moves to the target and stops. I have to keep pushing to make servitor follow the enemy between servitor's skill attacks.

The problem is chasing running enemies. This happens on every map and very often since players like to run circles around some place.

The only efficient way to kill these enemies is to send servitor follow the target without attacking and use servitor's skill Slash when skill is ready and servitor is near the target. Slash skill deals more damage than an auto attack and is almost ready every time servitor catches up with the enemy. No point to waste time on auto attacks.

Unfortunately, there is not skill to follow the target. Move to the target skill sends servitor to the point where target is located and servitor stops as soon as it arrives at the point. The only way to make servitor follow the target without attacking is to keep pushing button with move to the target skill.

Also move to the target skill is used as the most reliable and easy way to make servitor follow summoner for a short period of time until it can be send to the enemy.

Well in that case then its obviously wasn't meant to be used for that purpose.

Bug happens because you keep pushing the move button, pushing it without releasing makes you send that request many times even before new summon location is being updated, therefore you see summon going back to previous location each time.

Only solution I can offer you is to just press / release it every second or even less should be enough, anyway as soon as skill is ready you can just use it and the summon will do the rest of the job alone.

23 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Bug happens because you keep pushing the move button, pushing it without releasing makes you send that request many times even before new summon location is being updated, therefore you see summon going back to previous location each time.

1. It isn't just visual bug on client. I tested it and found that servitor really can't arrive at the target (dummy) for a long time.

2. If archer / mage keeps pushing attack / nuke or any other skill, everything works fine. Character never stops, never slows and never goes back to previous location.

2.1. Also if servitor attack / servitor skill is kept pushing, everything works fine and servitor never stops and slows.

3. The problem is that there seems to be a short stopper that causes servitor to stop for about 10 milliseconds every time move to the target skill is used. Maybe due to outdated coordinates being used in movement calculation function.

27 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Only solution I can offer you is to just press / release it every second or even less should be enough, anyway as soon as skill is ready you can just use it and the summon will do the rest of the job alone.

Unfortunately, if move is used once per second servitor never catches the running target.

Nevertheless, I don't insist if it's difficult to fix. I found a workaround to use servitor attack / servitor skill combination instead, yet slightly less effective.

I didn't say it is a visual bug, the question is how it works on L2OFF.

Because Move isn't meant to act as a follow (that's why it doesn't happen on players or on summon when you do use the attack command).

If L2 wanted a follow command they would make one, and not make their players push a button endlessly in order to achieve that effect, I guess it wasn't made because a summon needs to follow his owner only, and not other people.

If I were to "fix" it as it is, then it would just be adding a delay to the command, something that wouldn't really solve anything for you.